Posted to rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
[email protected] kroger@princeton.edu is offline

Default What's available for good matched 6V6GTs these days?

Hi all, long time no read.

I have not had my head in the tubes world for ages, seems like. My
Deluxe Reverb lost a filter cap, and took my 6V6s with it. So, I hopped
on Antique's web site, but everything looks alien....where are the old
american tubes? History?

Anyway, what you you do if you were me, and needed a real good matched
pair of 6V6GTs? What brands are good and also reliable?

Are Triode and Antique still the places to go?

Thanks......

Jim

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
Mike Schway Mike Schway is offline

In article . com,
" wrote:

Hi all, long time no read.

I have not had my head in the tubes world for ages, seems like. My
Deluxe Reverb lost a filter cap, and took my 6V6s with it. So, I hopped
on Antique's web site, but everything looks alien....where are the old
american tubes? History?

Anyway, what you you do if you were me, and needed a real good matched
pair of 6V6GTs? What brands are good and also reliable?

Are Triode and Antique still the places to go?

Thanks......

Jim

This guy says it better than I could.
http://www.thetubestore.com/6v6review.html

He's also a vendor....hmmmm....

--Mike

Mike Schway | [Picture your favorite quote here]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Mike Schway wrote:
In article . com,
" wrote:

Hi all, long time no read.

I have not had my head in the tubes world for ages, seems like. My
Deluxe Reverb lost a filter cap, and took my 6V6s with it. So, I hopped
on Antique's web site, but everything looks alien....where are the old
american tubes? History?

Anyway, what you you do if you were me, and needed a real good matched
pair of 6V6GTs? What brands are good and also reliable?

Are Triode and Antique still the places to go?

Thanks......

Jim

This guy says it better than I could.
http://www.thetubestore.com/6v6review.html

He's also a vendor....hmmmm....

--Mike

Mike Schway | [Picture your favorite quote here]

Hi,
I thought black plate NOS RCA is good.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
Harrison Ford Prefect Harrison Ford Prefect is offline

wrote:
Hi all, long time no read.

I have not had my head in the tubes world for ages, seems like. My
Deluxe Reverb lost a filter cap, and took my 6V6s with it. So, I hopped
on Antique's web site, but everything looks alien....where are the old
american tubes? History?

Getting hard to find, for sure, except at swap meets
or for big, big bucks for true NOS.

Anyway, what you you do if you were me, and needed a real good matched
pair of 6V6GTs? What brands are good and also reliable?

Spend the money for NOS or strong puuls, or go for
EH, JJ or Tung-Sol. The Sovtek are OK, but nowhere
near these others. The review Mike Schway pointed
to was a good one, IMO.

Are Triode and Antique still the places to go?

Dunno about Triode since Ned left. Dunno if Ned's
baxk in the tube biz yet. I love Antique and CE Dist
(their wholesale arm) to death; great people. I buy
almost everything from them. But not new tubes, because
they don't test them. If you want to buy extras and
take your chances, they'rw good for tubes. I want to
know my tubes work, so I buy pre-tested. I've been
getting mine from Lord Valve at NBS, because they just
WORK. He tests them thoroughly; I've never had a
problem.

-Miles
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
Turkey Snake Spiral Loaf Turkey Snake Spiral Loaf is offline

Tony Hwang wrote:
Mike Schway wrote:
In article . com,
" wrote:

Hi all, long time no read.

I have not had my head in the tubes world for ages, seems like. My
Deluxe Reverb lost a filter cap, and took my 6V6s with it. So, I hopped
on Antique's web site, but everything looks alien....where are the old
american tubes? History?

Anyway, what you you do if you were me, and needed a real good matched
pair of 6V6GTs? What brands are good and also reliable?

Are Triode and Antique still the places to go?

Thanks......

Jim

This guy says it better than I could.
http://www.thetubestore.com/6v6review.html

He's also a vendor....hmmmm....

--Mike

Mike Schway | [Picture your favorite quote here]

Hi,
I thought black plate NOS RCA is good.

The very latest _Vintage_Guitar_ features an article and photo shoot
on the N.O.S. 6V6 family. pg 38

Also, for the first time, someone other than 'ol Gerald's doing the amp
articles.

For you fellow 5F6-a freaks check out the article on pg 38. mvm

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
[email protected] mykeymykey01@yahoo.com is offline

amprex bugle boy matched sets available from
Richardson electronics, nothing comes close.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
Mark Oppat Mark Oppat is offline

I have most 6V6GT types, used, tested on Hickok Cardmatic. RCA, GE. Also,
6BQ5, 6L6G, GA, GB, and a few GC left. Pre amp tubes...12AX7, 12AU7, 12AT7
and the industrial sister types... 5751, 5963, 5965, etc. Lots of sockets,
capacitors, etc here. I sell on eBay as oldradioparts.

email wants

Mark Oppat
Antique Audio
www.oldradioparts.net

"Harrison Ford Prefect" wrote in message
nk.net...
wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps

Mark Oppat wrote:
I have most 6V6GT types, used, tested on Hickok Cardmatic. RCA, GE. Also,
6BQ5, 6L6G, GA, GB, and a few GC left. Pre amp tubes...12AX7, 12AU7, 12AT7
and the industrial sister types... 5751, 5963, 5965, etc. Lots of sockets,
capacitors, etc here. I sell on eBay as oldradioparts.

I've bookmarked that and will check it when
I have time. THanks.