Posted to rec.audio.tubes
mike mike is offline

Default F.S. Lynn Olsons Ariel 5s Loudspeakers Vifa & Scan Speak

Hi All
It's time for me too build another set of speakers and usually I will
trash cabinets and save drivers. However. These sound too good to trash.
I built these 2 years ago. They are the side firing configuration and in
a larger room than I have would produce some really awesome bass to
45hz . My side walls are too close, so room acoustics limit base
production to 60Hz. After that, the sound and imaging is amazing.
For those who are new to Lynss design, these are a hybrid Transmission
line speaker. The boxes are very complex to build due to the lybrith.
Crossovers are 1st order for the woofers and 2nd order for the tweeter.
These sounded best in my room.
Check out Lynns site. http://www.nutshellhifi.com/Ariel.htm for the
whole story
They are complete with drivers and croosovers. They were lacquered a
nice red. Pictures are available to be e-mailed.

Vifa 5.5" P13WH-00-08Scan-Speak D2905
Scan-Speak D2905/9500
First $500.00 gets them plus shipping. I will not ship these any where
but the USA. I do not want them damaged. A reminder, I have been a
cabinetmaker/furniture maker for 30 plus years. These are built to plans
and the quality is the best. No short cuts were taken.

Thank you
Mike Mueller
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
tubegarden tubegarden is offline

mike wrote:
Hi All

/snip
They are the side firing configuration and in
a larger room than I have would produce some really awesome bass to
45hz . My side walls are too close, so room acoustics limit base
production to 60Hz.

/snip

Thank you
Mike Mueller

Hi RATs!

Just curious 8^) Did you ever try swapping left/right speakers?

Happy Ears!
Al

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
mike mike is offline

tubegarden wrote:
mike wrote:

Hi All

/snip

They are the side firing configuration and in
a larger room than I have would produce some really awesome bass to
45hz . My side walls are too close, so room acoustics limit base
production to 60Hz.

/snip

Thank you
Mike Mueller

Hi RATs!

Just curious 8^) Did you ever try swapping left/right speakers?

Happy Ears!
Al

Hi Al
since these are vented from the sides, what would swapping left for
right do? This would effect imaging. How would this effect bass response.
Thnk you
Mike Mueller
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Iveson Ian Iveson is offline

mike wrote

since these are vented from the sides, what would swapping left for
right do? This would effect imaging. How would this effect bass
response.

I guess that's what Al's curious about. Perhaps you could try?

cheers, Ian

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
mike mike is offline

Ian Iveson wrote:
mike wrote

since these are vented from the sides, what would swapping left for
right do? This would effect imaging. How would this effect bass
response.

I guess that's what Al's curious about. Perhaps you could try?

cheers, Ian

Hi
The speakers are designed as left and right units. If you check out the
web site you will see they are mirrored. Switching may effect imaging ,
but how it will effect bass I do not understand. They are a dual tuned
port firing from both sides of the box. I could see how a single side
port would be effected by this reversal, but not a dual port system.
Mike Mueller
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
mike mike is offline

mike wrote:

I wonderwhy the web site did not work--
here is new URL sorry about that
http://www.nutshellhifi.com/Ariel.html

Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Sub Amps - a Follow up Question T Tech 26 April 29th 05 05:26 PM
Doppler Distortion - Fact or Fiction Bob Cain Pro Audio 266 August 17th 04 06:50 AM
Comments about Blind Testing watch king High End Audio 24 January 28th 04 04:03 PM