Posted to rec.audio.pro
J.C. Scott J.C. Scott is offline

Default Looking for pointers

I've been following this group for a few years now and although I don't post
extensively, I was hoping some of you might be kind enough to offer an
honest opinion about the quality of the following short recording, namely
for the sake of helping me guage how my recording skill is coming along.
Recorded using an RNP and AT3035 into a Delta 1010LT, the playing may or may
not be to your liking:

http://myweb.cebridge.net/jacyscott/demos/Acoustic.mp3

Personally, I think it sounds decent, and maybe that's all that really
counts, however I'd still appreciate any constructive criticism and/or
approval on offer, as I value the groups opinion.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
J.C. Scott J.C. Scott is offline

By the way, the music itself is entirely irrelevant. I made it up on the fly
and it shows. I was solely referring to recording quality.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
ostaz ostaz is offline

"J.C. Scott" wrote in message
I've been following this group for a few years now and although I don't
post extensively, I was hoping some of you might be kind enough to offer
an honest opinion about the quality of the following short recording,
namely for the sake of helping me guage how my recording skill is coming
along. Recorded using an RNP and AT3035 into a Delta 1010LT, the playing
may or may not be to your liking:

http://myweb.cebridge.net/jacyscott/demos/Acoustic.mp3

Personally, I think it sounds decent, and maybe that's all that really
counts, however I'd still appreciate any constructive criticism and/or
approval on offer, as I value the groups opinion.

Not bad. I think there's something going on in the low-mids, though.
Perhaps a bit too much in this range. It might be the room...or the mic.
Perhaps a little more brightness in the 8k + range might be nice. I'd
personally do a little more work on the reverb....perhaps cut some of the
lows from the 'verb and lengthen it a bit. It might just be the reverb that
is accentuating the low mids.

Pete