Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

Default Just blew BOTH my new JL VR tweets. :(

Hey ass hat, I'm not the one popping two sets of tweeters, and saying that
other's are morons. That alone goes to show how dumb you are. When I along
with someone else a few months back told you that your setup was junk, you got
all ****ty about it and now that life bites you in the ass you get all upset?
For people as dumb as you, "I told you so just don't cut it". All you need to
know about your tweeter problem has been answered by a few people already.
Take their advice or **** off and stop waiting around for answers what you
want to hear. If you still don't get it, then find yourself a good install
shop. Why would I reply to Bob? You have more in common with him then I do. If
this makes me mean and sadistic, then that's fine and you're right I don't
give a ****. I'm not here to be popular. Oh and this moron hasn't blown any
speakers, or anything else for that matter since my first pair of speakers in
1987. Hit over a 151db this summer and my gear still works and I sure as hell
didn't need any advice from here to get it done. You ghetto fab ****brick.

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
I HAVE NEVER SAID MY GEAR WAS HIGH END OR GREAT OR ANYTHING YOU MORON!!!!
I'M PROUD OF MY SYSTEM BUT WHO HERE ISN'T, AND WHY IS THAT A CRIME? I NEVER
SAID I WAS ANY KIND OF EXPERT EITHER (IN FACT MANY TIMES I POINTED OUT THAT
I WAS NOT AN EXPERT WHEN IT CAME TO ELECTRICAL THEORY). WHAT THE **** HAVE
YOU BEEN SMOKING?

GO AND CHECK ALL MY PAST POSTS AND FIND WHERE I SAID MY GEAR WAS HIGH-END OR
AWESOME OR THAT I WAS ANY KIND OF EXPERT.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST SPEND YOUR TIME ONLY RESPONDING TO BOB'S POSTS IN THE
FUTURE BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY YOU SEEM TO SHARE MANY OF HIS DELUSIONS. YOU LIVE
IN HIS SAME FAIRY WORLD. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HELP ME, THEN SHUT THE ****
UP!!!!!!

YOU ARE JUST PLAIN A MEAN, SADISTIC **** WHO TAKES PLEASURE IN OTHER
PEOPLE'S PROBLEMS. I KNOW YOU DON'T CARE (PEOPLE LIKE YOU NEVER DO), BUT
THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE. I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD NOT RESPOND TO MY
POSTS.

MOSFET

"Captain Howdy" wrote in message
After all the **** you said about your great high end amp, then you pop
your
tweeters. Dumb **** the jokes on you.

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:

"Captain Howdy" wrote in message
.. .
Listen up swapshop dick, I mean nick. Life sucks when it's got you by
the
balls. I don't laugh at other's problems, I laugh at you mr.SQ. I told
you
get a JBL compression horn the last time around. Some people have to do
things
and learn things the hard way, and yeah it's funny as ****.

Oh yeah, it's a hoot. You're an idiot. Stop replying to my posts.

Nick

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

"Chad Wahls" wrote in message
ups.com...

MOSFET wrote:
Crap, I just thought of a flaw in this plan in using my Alpine in
three-way
mode. I use a dash mounted EQ, the Clarion EQ-750, and I REALLY like
that
thing. I use it ALL the time (for nearly every song). If I split the
signal at the Alpine, I will only be able to run either the midrange
output
or the tweeter output through the EQ, I can't run both (right now, only
the
sub output from the Alpine bypasses the EQ which is OK as the sub level
control is so easily accessed by the Alpine).

So I'm afraid I would have to give up my EQ if I were to go with this
plan
(or jsut be able to control the midrange with it, which is kind of lame).

I think it's back to the drawing board and the answer msot likely lies in
higher X-over frequency and a less powerful amp. I am now thinking of
getting rid of the Jensen altogether and using two of the channels of my
Prestige (40 watts X 4) to drive my tweets and the other two channels to
drive my rear-fill. That would also free up so badly needed space under
my
seats as I currently have squeezed under the two front seats the
following
items: RF Punch 225.2, Jensen XP42, Prestige PA-440, two 1/2 farad caps,
one
1 farad cap, and the Coustic XM-3. Needless to say, some of this spills
over into the rear cabin floor (where people put their feet). It would
be
nice to get rid of one of those amps. This is currently my number one
plan
at the moment.

MOSFET

Damn, i forgot about the EQ Sorry.

I have a 9855 running 3 way. I have a select few presets for
parametric EQ, I find that after careful tuning that I rarely have the
urge to change it. I will adjust the sub level from time to time
depending on the source or select CD. In fact I have like 2 summer
presets and 2 winter presets.

This also comes from my background of professional audio. I have not
touched a single XO or EQ knob on my monitoring rig in over 2 years, I
make my living on consistency I guess that's just how I'm used to doing
it.

Check out the new Seas Neo tweets, they are getting great SQ reviews
and will play down to 2K with proper slopes, I'd bump it up to 3K with
12dB/Oct for safety sake. I run Morel MDT12's at between 2 and 2.5K
with a 24dB/Oct slope with no problems. They are capable of receiving
70W/Ch from a Next VRz5.500 but never really come close to seeing that
even at ear-bleeding levels.

I honestly think that if you raise the tweets up in custom pods and
spend some time with tuning and TA then you won't miss the EQ. Time
Alligning the WHOLE front stage while placing the drivers where the
work the best will do WAY more than the rear fills! Trust me

Did you get my damn e-mail?

Chad

Thanks for the info Chad. You gave me a lot to think about. I am now
considering other tweeter options. I actually was able to rig up kind of a
band-aid solution for now that actually sounds pretty damn good. I had a
pair of Advent 1" silk-dome home tweeters lying around from an old set of
speakers I inherited. They are home speakers so they have those large
ferrite magnets but I was actually able to squeeze them next to the midrange
and the grill covers everything. They actually sound pretty damn good! So
I have decided I am in no hurry to replace these tweeters. I want to shop
around and listen to what's out there. I will check out Seas and I would
also like to check out some of Morel's tweeters as I've heard really good
things about them. I know some of them (like the very expensive Suprimos, I
think that's the name) are large but I now know I can squeeze a larger set
of tweeters in. I may also look at moving the placement of my tweets. I
guess everything is on the table for now as I am not in a huge hurry. But
give up my EQ? I don't think so. I'm a tweeker and I love to fiddle with
the sound from song to song. I do use my time-alignment and it gives me a
ROCK-SOLID center image (when I turn it off, my imaging is all over the
map), but only my rear-fill (which I run in mono) raises the soundstage to
where I like it, yet you are completely unaware of sound coming from behind
you because I have them delayed nearly to the max, 9.6 milliseconds. I have
done TONS of experimenting with my time-alignment and am very happy with
where I have it now. But I have not done a lot of experimenting with
tweeter placement which might prove beneficial AND may make my rear-fill
much less important.

Again, thank you for all your information. I do appreciate it.

Nick

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

OK ****head, even if EVERYTHING you said was true (which it isn't). Why the
hell would you want to say things like ROTFL if you are not a sadistic ****?
I mean, even if my system sucks and everything, does this give you your
jollies by kicking people when they are down? I mean really, how sick are
you?

You are a pathetic, sadistic ****! WHAT THE **** AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY TO
YOUR RUDE ASS POSTS? How do your posts help me? They don't. THEY HELP YOU
GET YOUR JOLLIES AND MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF JUST LIKE WHEN YOU
LAUGH AT OTHER'S MISERY (WHICH I HAVE NO DOUBT YOU DO ALL THE TIME).

Unless you have something CONSTRUCTIVE to say (other than my system sucks),
then GO THE HELL AWAY because you look like a ****ing jerk to everyone here.

Nick

wrote:

"Captain Howdy" wrote in message
. ..
Listen up swapshop dick, I mean nick. Life sucks when it's got you by
the
balls. I don't laugh at other's problems, I laugh at you mr.SQ. I told
you
get a JBL compression horn the last time around. Some people have to
do
things
and learn things the hard way, and yeah it's funny as ****.

Oh yeah, it's a hoot. You're an idiot. Stop replying to my posts.

Nick

Posted to rec.audio.car
PanHandler PanHandler is offline

"MOSFET" wrote in message
m...
Unless you have something CONSTRUCTIVE to say (other than my system

sucks),
then GO THE HELL AWAY because you look like a ****ing jerk to everyone
here.

Amen to that! I plonked his ass a long time ago. Too bad I have to see his
lame posts in others' replies. I'm sure he types with one hand - the other
one's busy in his lap. Even a relative newbie like me recognizes him for
what he is. Look up 'dip****' in a dictionary; you'll see his picture.
Joe Arnold

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

mosfet..sorry if we treated you like a man n not give you a shoulder to
lay your head on.n tell you itll be ok baby...lol

Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls Chad Wahls is offline

MOSFET wrote:
"Chad Wahls" wrote in message
ups.com...

MOSFET wrote:
[...]

The Morel's are very thick, warm and laid back sounding. They might
not agree with you. They will play flipping LOUD but are not as
sparkly as some others. The LPG's and Seas have a more airy top end
and also VERY nice off axis response.

I like my Morel's, they don't mess around, but a lot of EQ will have to
be employed to get them to sound like a "car" tweet. I prefer a more
flat, studio sound. I have a pretty healthy (for me) boost on the very
top end to get more sparkle out of them. I soon plan to expieriment
with the Seas Neo's, I have 1 too many hobbies sucking up extra income
right now For rear fill, if the kid complains, I turn on the amp in
the alpine and let the stockies play At which point SQ is out the
door listening to the disney channel on XM... HA!

If you have a sail panel try placing a tweet there with tape and
re-adjusting them. remember everytime you halve the distance from the
driver to your ear you can reduce the gain by 6dB not taking into the
account of early reflection problems. That's 4 times less power needed
man!

Chad

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

Hey Joe, get on your knees and give me a blow. Ass kissing noob bitch. I have
seen a lot of your posts in here, did you just find this group yesterday and
you're already talking ****? **** turd.

Amen to that! I plonked his ass a long time ago. Too bad I have to see his
lame posts in others' replies. I'm sure he types with one hand - the other
one's busy in his lap. Even a relative newbie like me recognizes him for
what he is. Look up 'dip****' in a dictionary; you'll see his picture.
Joe Arnold

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

Hey ass ****, what isn't true? Spend another 99 cents and buy new tweeters.
What do you want me to do, feel bad for your 99 cents well spent? The only
thing pathetic around here is the way you go about doing things. As for help,
I was the first to help you with your LED's so suck me I can't say as much for
you. Like I said already the only one that I laugh at is you. I have nothing
to do with your misery, your misery is your own brought upon you with your
ghetto fab ways.

wrote:

"Captain Howdy" wrote in message
Listen up swapshop dick, I mean nick. Life sucks when it's got you by
the
balls. I don't laugh at other's problems, I laugh at you mr.SQ. I told
you
get a JBL compression horn the last time around. Some people have to
do
things
and learn things the hard way, and yeah it's funny as ****.

Oh yeah, it's a hoot. You're an idiot. Stop replying to my posts.

Nick

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Ok, you think my stereo is ****. I got what I deserved and you had big old
laugh about it. Boy, you really got me. Is there egg on my face!

I'm tired of answering your stupid posts so I'll just agree with you and we
can stop this POINTLESS Email war because I'm tired of you.

BTW, I told you. I'm not the only one thinks you're an ass. I know you're
going to write one more thing because you're the kind of jerk who has to
have the last word, but as for me, I'm through with you.

Love and kisses,

Nick

****?

****

wrote:

"Captain Howdy" wrote in message
t...
Listen up swapshop dick, I mean nick. Life sucks when it's got you
by
the
balls. I don't laugh at other's problems, I laugh at you mr.SQ. I
told
you
get a JBL compression horn the last time around. Some people have to
do
things
and learn things the hard way, and yeah it's funny as ****.

Oh yeah, it's a hoot. You're an idiot. Stop replying to my posts.

Nick

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F Tony F is offline

"When the Godfather (http://www.theautophile.com) used to post up here, he
often mentioned putting a cap on Dynaudio tweeters when biamping. Not for
xover purposes... mostly to avoid DC offset on the amplifier. Maybe this is
what bit you... less expensive amps tend to have more DC offset and this can
cause problems."

I purchaed my Dynaudios from Peter. He specifically had me go this route as
well, as I'm running my system triamped. I couldn't tell you the value of
the capacitors, but I have two very large ones hooked up inline with my
tweeters as we speak. Got them at PartsExpress.

Tony

Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls Chad Wahls is offline

"Chad Wahls" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

Here are the Morel tweets I use. This is a pic depicting their size, both
before and after milling down the flange for mounting in the sail panel.
This is after cutting and before sanding.
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/cwahls/Civic%20Audio/?action=view&current=HPIM1945.jpg&refPage=20&imgAn ch=imgAnch36Here's a link to the LPG's and Seas tweets. Both have metal domes but don'tsound like it. I have used the LPG's numerous times and they sound great,unfortunately people have cought on and the price has increased. The seasseem to be the right price. The seas is too new to tell but all the reviewsthus far have been quite favorable.Don't cross the LPG's too low, like below 3-3.5K The LPG's were also usedin the Upper end JL stuff.http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/ind...17&pid=637Chad

Posted to rec.audio.car

"Tony F" wrote in message
"When the Godfather (http://www.theautophile.com) used to post up here, he
often mentioned putting a cap on Dynaudio tweeters when biamping. Not for
xover purposes... mostly to avoid DC offset on the amplifier. Maybe this
is what bit you... less expensive amps tend to have more DC offset and
this can cause problems."

I purchaed my Dynaudios from Peter. He specifically had me go this route
as well, as I'm running my system triamped. I couldn't tell you the value
of the capacitors, but I have two very large ones hooked up inline with my
tweeters as we speak. Got them at PartsExpress.

Tony

For DC protection I like to use caps that will be the equiv of a 6dB/Oct at
somewhere BELOW the FS of the driver. It will have little or no infraction
on the electronic XO point at this stage. Don't use a electrolytic cap, use
mylar or poly.

But again of all the active setups I have done I have only used protection
ONCE and have never blown a tweet. In pro rigs I use them all the time in
case an amp goes willy-nilly. Competent Pro amps have NO PROBLEM making DC
if DC is present at the inputs.

Chad

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

Tony, it's just hard trying to be decent with some people. Misfit just wants
advice that he wants to hear and his way of thinking I just can't relate with.
I just can't feed the fire when someone comes on here to have people feel
sorry for him, because he spent 99 cents on a used and more then likely half
dead component set "Ebay item # 270002877050" that he cheesed together with a
wrong x-over.

In article , "Tony F"
wrote:
Captain...you're WAY out of line. Try and be decent, will you? You do give
some excellent advice and offer a good laugh now and then, and for that I'm
glad to have you around. But every once in a while I think you slam someone
a little too hard and I don't think you realize it.

Tony

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

i wasted my time posting on a used piece of junk!
now i feel i'm out!
i thought he stupidly blew some well made good condition stereo
pieces...

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

If you did help me with my LED's then thanks, I appreciate it. I think you
did help me with that Capt. Thanks.

MOSFET

"Captain Howdy" wrote in message
Oh and **** you again.

In article 2006071808193550073-null@bitbucketcom, Jamie Pruden
wrote:
Hi Nick,

Sorry to hear about your tweets...

I just reread the owners manual on my new XR525s and they specifically
say to use the xover *even when biamping.*

When the Godfather (http://www.theautophile.com) used to post up here,
he often mentioned putting a cap on Dynaudio tweeters when biamping.
Not for xover purposes... mostly to avoid DC offset on the amplifier.
Maybe this is what bit you... less expensive amps tend to have more DC
offset and this can cause problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_offset

http://tangentsoft.net/audio/input-cap.html

I'd rather have too much power than not enough...

smiles,
Jamie

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
I guess you need read alot of the replies from people, The amount of
power
that you have is not an issue. The problem is your ghetto-fab gear.
Misfit
will you ever learn. ROFL

No one who has replied to this thread has said that, you moron. Again,
you
demonstrate how ****ed up your brain is. Do you hear voices? Are there
black helicopters outside your window? Is the CIA tapping your phone?
Could be, huh?

Go have a long conversation with Bob. He is DEFINITELY on your level.

Nick

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

If you have a sail panel try placing a tweet there with tape and
re-adjusting them. remember everytime you halve the distance from the
driver to your ear you can reduce the gain by 6dB not taking into the
account of early reflection problems. That's 4 times less power needed
man!

Chad

I had my tweets mounted in my sail panels in my last two cars and really
liked it. I think the MAIN reason I haven't done it with this car is that
when I got this car four years ago, I planned on putting in kick-panels.
You see, I wanted to make this car my best sounding car ever so my original
game plan was to mount tweets and a midrange in kick-panels, and then a
midbass in the door and run a three-way system up front. Well, since then I
have come to realize that I am actually quite satisfied with a simple two
way system up front AND my wife would not tolerate something hokey so I
would have to pay someone to build those kick-panels and I really just can't
rationalize the cost (especially now as my wife is suggesting we sell the
Subaru for something with better gas mileage, that all-wheel-drive really
sucks the gas!). Anyway, as it looks like I am NOT going to go the
kick-panel route, I may try going back to the tried and true sail-panel
(that's a nice easy install, just make a hole in a piece of plastic). I
KNOW that will raise my soundstage. Thanks again for all your good advice.

Nick

Posted to rec.audio.car

"MOSFET" wrote in message
[...]

I did kicks in my Dakota because I HAD TO due to the dash construction and
geometry. It's not bad as far as L-R imaging but tweets in the sail panel
with proper delay for EACH driver is a wonderful thing! After tuning you
cannot tell there is a mid-bass in the door and a tweet higher, it all
sounds very natural and at dash-head height depending on material. Again I
have each driver alligned.

If you could just get over the EQ twiddling you COULD keep the rear fill by
knocking the speaker out to line level and only using it when need be.

Another thing I thought of..... Are you doing parametric EQ THEN the analog
EQ?

How?

Standard EQ correction on the Alpine with the analog flat and then boosting
and cutting to taste or are you getting radical with each EQ? I'm just
getting the feeling that you are digging yourslef into an EQ/Phase-shift
hole by piling EQ on top of itself. You DO know that eq causes phase shift
eh?

Chad

Posted to rec.audio.car
RG RG is offline

I'm pretty sure all the JL stuff (ie., the VR silk and the XR metal domes)
is currently made by Eton, not LPG.

- RG

"Chad Wahls" wrote in message

"Chad Wahls" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Another thing I thought of..... Are you doing parametric EQ THEN the
analog EQ?

How?

Yes, I used the parametric EQ to correct for three frequencies where I had
these huge dips and peaks (no doubt caused by the car's cabin). Like I
said, I am only using three of the five bands available, and they are very
narrow (Q) fixes. So, all in all, I would say that the Alpine is NOT doing
a lot, EQ wise (just helping three problem spots).

I understand there can be issues (like phasing problems) when using multiple
EQ's. It's certainly possible that the Clarion 750 is introducing some of
these problems. Obviously, every time you add a processor of any kind in
the signal chain you degrade the signal in SOME way, even if just a little.
But as I said before, I guess it is more important to me to be able to
adjust the sound to my liking on a song by song basis (also, I find seven
bands is just perfect for me, just the right amount of control), and if it
causes some phasing issues, oh well. It sounds good to my wife and me, so I
guess that's all that matters. I don't compete anymore. Thanks again.

Nick

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

I just can't help myself, I have to respond to this....

But why the **** does that matter to you? That's what Tony is saying. Just
keep your mouth shut because what you have to say helps NO ONE. Don't you
get it? No one cares about your gripes.

As has been said now by MULTIPLE people, it just makes you look like a big
****ing jerk. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

I mean, no one is agreeing with you, stupid. Have you even noticed that?
No one is taking your side here. Don't you get it? Whatever you think is
so damn important to say about my
tweeters/system/$.99/Ebay/whatever-the-****/ NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR IT.

Nick

wrote:
Captain...you're WAY out of line. Try and be decent, will you? You do
give
some excellent advice and offer a good laugh now and then, and for that
I'm
glad to have you around. But every once in a while I think you slam
someone
a little too hard and I don't think you realize it.

Tony

Posted to rec.audio.car
RG RG is offline

I understand there can be issues (like phasing problems) when using
multiple
EQ's. It's certainly possible that the Clarion 750 is introducing some of
these problems. Obviously, every time you add a processor of any kind in
the signal chain you degrade the signal in SOME way, even if just a
little. But as I said before, I guess it is more important to me to be
able to adjust the sound to my liking on a song by song basis (also, I
find seven bands is just perfect for me, just the right amount of
control), and if it causes some phasing issues, oh well. It sounds good
to my wife and me, so I guess that's all that matters. I don't compete
anymore. Thanks again.

Mosfet, you need an AudioControl Three.1 if you like tweaking for different
songs. Seven bands is not tweakable on an ongoing basis. The Three.1 is
perefect for this and blows the Clarion clear out of the water performance
wise.

- RG

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Mosfet, you need an AudioControl Three.1 if you like tweaking for
different songs. Seven bands is not tweakable on an ongoing basis. The
Three.1 is perefect for this and blows the Clarion clear out of the water
performance wise.

- RG

I am sure you are right. The AudioControl I have no doubt is a much better
unit than my Clarion. I will look for one.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
John Durbin John Durbin is offline

Won't sound as good as run direct... they put that stuff in the manuals
to prevent people damaging tweeters. Doesn't mean it's the best way to
get the best sound quality...

JD

MOSFET wrote:
"Jamie Pruden" wrote in message

Hi Nick,

Sorry to hear about your tweets...

I just reread the owners manual on my new XR525s and they specifically say
to use the xover *even when biamping.*

Yes, I downloaded a copy of the owners manual and saw that as well. And
yes, I was concerned about it. I was wondering if there was some impedance
issue that by not using the X-over, the impedance might be really low and
draw more current. I'm not really an expert on these things but that did
get my attention as well. But then again, a tweeter is a tweeter, and I
would think there should be some way to adequately protect it without the JL
passive X-over. I think a higher and sharper sloped X-over will likely
solve this problem (or a much less powerful amp).

However, I am bidding on a number of JL VR speaker packages that include the
X-over and I may try using it if I get one that includes the X-over.
Ultimately, that may be the safest (and wisest) way of protecting those
tweeters. Thanks for the advice.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls Chad Wahls is offline

"MOSFET" wrote in message
m...

oh well. It sounds good to my wife and me, so I guess that's all that
matters. I don't compete anymore.

Dern tootin!

Chad

Posted to rec.audio.car
Jamie Pruden Jamie Pruden is offline

Hi John,

You're right... it probably won't sound as good. It will, however, give
his tweeters a little more protection than they had before and a
working tweeter will *always* sound better than a dead one...

smiles,
Jamie

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Tony,

There's a set of Dynaudio Md-100 tweeters on Ebay for $125. Are these what
you have and how do you like them?

I'm pretty happy with my Advent tweeters that I just put in but they are
quite large and at some point in the future I want to perhaps install my
tweets in my sail-panels (my last two cars had tweets in sail panels). When
I got the Forester, I did not put my MB Quart tweets in the sail panels
(where they had resided in my previous car) because I had grand plans of
building kick-panels and doing a three way system up front. Well, ever
since I got the JL midbass drivers I have decided to COMPLETELY ditch that
plan as I get all the midbass out of them I could want (that was my main
motivation for a three-way system, better midbass).

Anyway, these Dynaudio tweets are small enough to mount in my sail-panels
and I'm curious if these are the same as yours.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F Tony F is offline

Nick,

Yes, these are the tweeters I have. Of course, I can't say that YOU will
like them, but they're the best tweeters I've owned. They are incredibly
detailed and the least ear-fatiguing tweeters I've heard. And, they take
GOBS of power..the Dyn site said they can accomodate up to 150 watts
continuous. I LOVE EM!!

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

2006 Mustang GT Coupe
Alpine IVA-D310 DVD Head Unit, Alpine MRA-550 Digital 5.1 Amp, Boston
Acoustics Z-Series Speakers, Alpine SBS-05DC Center Channel Speaker,
Amplified MTX Thunderform Sub
"MOSFET" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car

"MOSFET" wrote in message
[...]

Those Seas are cheaper and NEW! You want that link again?

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Those Seas are cheaper and NEW! You want that link again?

Yes please! Thanks Chad.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car

MOSFET wrote:

Those Seas are cheaper and NEW! You want that link again?

Yes please! Thanks Chad.

MOSFET

SHAZAM

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/ind...10828&pid=2138

E-mail me and I'll get you more info if you wish.

Chad