Mr. Bigstuff

Default I ruin EVERY amp!

4 Different installers Car Stereo 1, House of Car Stereo (Directed Auth
Dealer), Circuit City, and Insane Audio. Bad RCA's on the Directed 1500d
that is 4 days old and 5 blown Audiobahn A2200HCT's....h and one Kendwood
something or other. Damnit.

Buckshot

Your looking good. You know how to do these things? Start over new, and
try again. Do the install yourself, then you will learn/know what could
have went wrong. If you're not going to do that, then I don't know what
to tell you except, god bless you bud. Good luck in the future.

-Buckshot-

2 12" Sony Explodes
Custon Dual 12 Sealed enclosure
JL VR 6.5's Up front
Pioneer 6x9's Out back
Eclipse EA2122
Legacy La1080

E-mail me at Jasonc87(atter)Comcast(dot)Net

Mr. Bigstuff wrote:
4 Different installers Car Stereo 1, House of Car Stereo (Directed Auth
Dealer), Circuit City, and Insane Audio. Bad RCA's on the Directed 1500d
that is 4 days old and 5 blown Audiobahn A2200HCT's....h and one Kendwood
something or other. Damnit.

Mr. Bigstuff

The RCA connectors on the inside of theamp, not the RCA cables, are bad
somewhere. The subs will cut in and out. The amp itself is fine...but it
does no good to have the amp circuit work if there are no working RCA inputs
to the amp : )

"Daniel Snooks" wrote in message
.. .
you fried the Directed? or just have no noise because the RCA's are toast.

"Mr. Bigstuff" sd! wrote in message
4 Different installers Car Stereo 1, House of Car Stereo (Directed Auth
Dealer), Circuit City, and Insane Audio. Bad RCA's on the Directed 1500d
that is 4 days old and 5 blown Audiobahn A2200HCT's....h and one Kendwood
something or other. Damnit.

Mr. Bigstuff

I forgot about the 3 5.25" Blaopunkt overdrives (one had the spider come
unglued), 3 Audiobahn Alum 12x subs, and my kenwood head unit that has gone
back to the factory 2x for bad RCA jacks. Im about ready to give up on it.
At least the stock system always worked.
"Daniel Snooks" wrote in message
.. .
you fried the Directed? or just have no noise because the RCA's are toast.

"Mr. Bigstuff" sd! wrote in message
4 Different installers Car Stereo 1, House of Car Stereo (Directed Auth
Dealer), Circuit City, and Insane Audio. Bad RCA's on the Directed 1500d
that is 4 days old and 5 blown Audiobahn A2200HCT's....h and one Kendwood
something or other. Damnit.

MZ

The RCA connectors on the inside of theamp, not the RCA cables, are bad
somewhere. The subs will cut in and out. The amp itself is fine...but it
does no good to have the amp circuit work if there are no working RCA

inputs
to the amp : )

How do you know they're bad?

John Durbin

bad RCA's my ass... dude, you need professional HELP!

JD
we don't build amps that way

Mr. Bigstuff wrote:

4 Different installers Car Stereo 1, House of Car Stereo (Directed Auth
Dealer), Circuit City, and Insane Audio. Bad RCA's on the Directed 1500d
that is 4 days old and 5 blown Audiobahn A2200HCT's....h and one Kendwood
something or other. Damnit.

MZ

Its been hooked up to a known good source with good RCAs and it cuts in
and out still. Pops when you tap the corner of the amp by the RCA jacks.

What is the impedance of the speakers, and how are they hooked up?

Daniel Snooks

Mr. Bigstuff wrote
Its been hooked up to a known good source with good RCAs and it cuts in
and out still. Pops when you tap the corner of the amp by the RCA jacks.

No offense, but it is very poor form of you to make assumptions. If you send
the amp in for repair and it is found to have bad connections on the RCA's
that is one thing ... but to tap the amp and then tell the world it's
causing your problem, that's a bit much
Speaking of which, have you contacted Directed (besides JD in this forum) to
see what they have to say about the problem?

I have never owned or used Audiobahn or Directed equipment, but from years
of watching discussions on this forum about both products I find it
extremely hard to believe that either company is responsible for the string
of issues you have had.

One thing you mentioned in an earlier post caught my attention, you said
your cap came loose and was rubbing against the amp, causing cosmetic
damage. This leads me to suggest that poor installation techniques are
responsible for the myriad of problems you have had.
Have all of your installs been done professionally? I remember you
mentioning 4 different shops, did they install the equipment or just sell it
to you?

As an aside, where are you located, perhaps someone on the board can
recommend a reputable shop in your area to look at the problem.

Dan

MZ wrote
Mr. Bigstuff wrote
The RCA connectors on the inside of theamp, not the RCA cables, are bad
somewhere. The subs will cut in and out. The amp itself is fine...but it
does no good to have the amp circuit work if there are no working RCA

inputs
to the amp : )

How do you know they're bad?

Mr. Bigstuff

Installed by one of YOUR retailers. They tested it and said it was the RCAs.
Pulled it out and put a JL in its place and it worked fine. They werent
trying to sell me anything. BTW why are you acting like such an asshole?

Mr. Bigstuff wrote:

4 Different installers Car Stereo 1, House of Car Stereo (Directed Auth
Dealer), Circuit City, and Insane Audio. Bad RCA's on the Directed 1500d
that is 4 days old and 5 blown Audiobahn A2200HCT's....h and one Kendwood
something or other. Damnit.

Mr. Bigstuff

Snooks. As far as the Audiobahn amps go they are junk. I suppose they get
the job done but the build quality isnt that great. Ive found that the fans
on the amps see to go in short order. Sounds like the brearing went to hell.
The switches on my 4ch amp that control the bass boost and switch from LP
filter to full or HP wont stay where you want them to. And you have to
wiggle them to make a good contact. Thats never impressed me very much.
Their subs have been a good deal for the money. I dont have anything bad to
say about those. I wouldnt buy another amp from them tho.

Mr. Bigstuff wrote:

4 Different installers Car Stereo 1, House of Car Stereo (Directed Auth
Dealer), Circuit City, and Insane Audio. Bad RCA's on the Directed 1500d
that is 4 days old and 5 blown Audiobahn A2200HCT's....h and one Kendwood
something or other. Damnit.

Daniel Snooks

Mr. Bigstuff wrote
Installed by one of YOUR retailers. They tested it and said it was the
RCAs.

Fair enough, I only questioned the fact that your post didn't indicate
anyone associated with Directed has diagnosed the problem. Seems like
Directed owes you a replacement amp, which I am certain they will be more
the happy to provide (if they haven't already done so).

Dan
P.S. I am not trying to play advocate here, and have no connection whatsover
with Directed or JD ... just wanted to make that clear

Thor Lancelot Simon

In article , Mr. Bigstuff sd! wrote:
Installed by one of YOUR retailers. They tested it and said it was the RCAs.

Is this the same retailer that's told you about the "bad RCAs" on all the
other equipment you mentioned, by any chance?

Maybe this retailer is doing incompetent installation work and then
incompetent diagnosis of the problem.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
abandoned or transcended, there is no problem." - Noam Chomsky
Mr. Bigstuff

Directed has been great about it and as a matter of fact they wont be
replacing the amp, cardomain.com will be since it is still under their
warranty. Ive been happy with directed so far and will be replacing my other
2 amps with DEI soon. Ive just had some bad luck with some sub par
installers. Maybe time to try yet another installer.
"Daniel Snooks" wrote in message
Mr. Bigstuff wrote
Installed by one of YOUR retailers. They tested it and said it was the
RCAs.

Fair enough, I only questioned the fact that your post didn't indicate
anyone associated with Directed has diagnosed the problem. Seems like
Directed owes you a replacement amp, which I am certain they will be more
the happy to provide (if they haven't already done so).

Dan
P.S. I am not trying to play advocate here, and have no connection
whatsover with Directed or JD ... just wanted to make that clear

Daniel Snooks

Which brings up an earlier question ... where are you at? I am sure someone
can offer suggestions for installers in your area.

Good luck with the continuing saga ;-)

Dan

"Mr. Bigstuff" sd! wrote in message
Directed has been great about it and as a matter of fact they wont be
replacing the amp, cardomain.com will be since it is still under their
warranty. Ive been happy with directed so far and will be replacing my
other 2 amps with DEI soon. Ive just had some bad luck with some sub par
installers. Maybe time to try yet another installer.

John Durbin

HIghly recommend Duke's Car Sterero in Flint or Saginaw... they should
be expert with our products.

JD

Mr. Bigstuff wrote:

Lansing Michigan.