Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] rob.shelby@eprize.com is offline

Default Anyone ever use a trident series 65?

So I have this s65 that I've had for almost 2 years now, that I just
never got a
chance to use.... ANYWAYS I plugged it in the other day, a sm57 into
strip 1.
select group 1/9... I can see the red light on strip 1 max out when the
preamp
is hot and I talk into it, I can plug into the direct out of the strip
to a P.A
and hear that the strip is working.. anyone have any freakin ideas?
I've tried
every strip and every group... the only way I can get sound out of this
thing is direct outs.

thanks!
-Rob

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Buster Mudd Buster Mudd is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
There's no button to assign the channel strip directly to the L/R
output, so you have to go through the submasters.

On a 65, are you sure about that? Ten years ago I used to work at a
studio with a Trident 65 & I swear I don't remember having to assign
input modules to submasters in order to get them to the Master Fader.
Isn't there an "L/R" or "Main" button up amongst the Group Assign
switches at the top of the input strip?

Then again, ten years of drinking will do a lot to one's memory...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Buster Mudd wrote:

Ten years ago I used to work at a
studio with a Trident 65 & I swear I don't remember having to assign
input modules to submasters in order to get them to the Master Fader.

That's the trouble with things that you saw ten years ago.

Isn't there an "L/R" or "Main" button up amongst the Group Assign
switches at the top of the input strip?

Taking a look at a brochure, I see a "Remix" button just above the 1/2
3/4 ... buttons. And that indeed goes to the Monitor/Remix bus. So
pushing that button should get the mic input to the main output. It
looks like there's another switch in the master section that selects
whether a stereo tape return (any one of three) or the mix is routed to
the output, so that needs to be pressed too.

Lots of ways not to get sound out of a console.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Mike Rivers wrote:
Buster Mudd wrote:

Ten years ago I used to work at a
studio with a Trident 65 & I swear I don't remember having to assign
input modules to submasters in order to get them to the Master Fader.

That's the trouble with things that you saw ten years ago.

Isn't there an "L/R" or "Main" button up amongst the Group Assign
switches at the top of the input strip?

Taking a look at a brochure, I see a "Remix" button just above the 1/2
3/4 ... buttons. And that indeed goes to the Monitor/Remix bus. So
pushing that button should get the mic input to the main output.

So in other words, my memory of the Trident 65 was more-or-less
accurate. Thanks, Mike.