tavialvarez tavialvarez is offline
Junior Member

Smile Sable 1992 (Trunk Radio Amplifier)

Can anyone help me with this problem?
My daughter has this car and the amplifier doesn't seem to be working I can hear the radio but very low. Is there a way to either bypass the amplifier or were can I get a used one?

Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.car
ck ck is offline

Default Sable 1992 (Trunk Radio Amplifier)

The radio in the dash is only a control unit and has no audio the receiver
box in the trunk has all the functions. It can most likely be repaired check
with www.unitedradio.com they do all ford gm and chry radio repairs they
should be able to put you in the correct direction

--
tavialvarez

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"tavialvarez" wrote in message

Can anyone help me with this problem?
My daughter has this car and the amplifier doesn't seem to be working I
can hear the radio but very low. Is there a way to either bypass the
amplifier or were can I get a used one?

Thanks

--
tavialvarez

There is/was a bypass for those ford amps, but does you no good if your
using the factory radio.
You will need to get an aftermarket radio, then you can bypass the factory
amp, or get the factory amp repaired

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy[_3_] Captain Howdy[_3_] is offline

Try your local wrecking yard, ford used them amps in a few different cars and
trucks. If that does not pan out there is always fleabay.

MY MERCURY SABLE Rnaugle Car Audio 6 May 11th 07 01:47 AM
1992 cadillac sts how to install aftermarket radio lockz Car Audio 0 April 5th 07 05:46 AM
Aux. Input on Mercury Sable shanafme Car Audio 0 October 20th 05 01:15 AM
Help with Sable LX 6 CD Changer. David Puddy Car Audio 2 October 9th 03 11:55 PM
Need Help With Car Stereo - Sable Wagon AlgaMAN [EChMotor#900] Car Audio 0 August 2nd 03 03:40 AM