Posted to rec.audio.car
agreene agreene is offline

Default Installing aftermarket deck

hey. Hopefully someone can give me an answer.
I have a decent Premier deck that i just purchased for my chevy truck,
but now i want to install it in my buick regal. The problem is, the
Regal steering wheel has those buttons that controls the volume,
changes tracks, etc for the radio unit. Is there a way to connect an
aftermarket to those steering wheel controls? thanks in advanced.

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"agreene" wrote in message
oups.com...
hey. Hopefully someone can give me an answer.
I have a decent Premier deck that i just purchased for my chevy truck,
but now i want to install it in my buick regal. The problem is, the
Regal steering wheel has those buttons that controls the volume,
changes tracks, etc for the radio unit. Is there a way to connect an
aftermarket to those steering wheel controls? thanks in advanced.

If your pioneer is remote ready, you can get an adapter that will let you
use the steering wheel controls

Posted to rec.audio.car
agreene agreene is offline

On Jun 19, 11:47 am, "e-nigma" wrote:
"agreene" wrote in message

oups.com...

hey. Hopefully someone can give me an answer.
I have a decent Premier deck that i just purchased for my chevy truck,
but now i want to install it in my buick regal. The problem is, the
Regal steering wheel has those buttons that controls the volume,
changes tracks, etc for the radio unit. Is there a way to connect an
aftermarket to those steering wheel controls? thanks in advanced.

If your pioneer is remote ready, you can get an adapter that will let you
use the steering wheel controls

How would i be able to tell if the deck is remote ready?

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"agreene" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 19, 11:47 am, "e-nigma" wrote:
"agreene" wrote in message

oups.com...

hey. Hopefully someone can give me an answer.
I have a decent Premier deck that i just purchased for my chevy truck,
but now i want to install it in my buick regal. The problem is, the
Regal steering wheel has those buttons that controls the volume,
changes tracks, etc for the radio unit. Is there a way to connect an
aftermarket to those steering wheel controls? thanks in advanced.

If your pioneer is remote ready, you can get an adapter that will let you
use the steering wheel controls

How would i be able to tell if the deck is remote ready?

Did your Pioneer unit came with a remote?
What is the model # of your Pioneer?

Posted to rec.audio.car
agreene agreene is offline

On Jun 22, 9:20 pm, "e-nigma" wrote:
"agreene" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jun 19, 11:47 am, "e-nigma" wrote:
"agreene" wrote in message

groups.com...

hey. Hopefully someone can give me an answer.
I have a decent Premier deck that i just purchased for my chevy truck,
but now i want to install it in my buick regal. The problem is, the
Regal steering wheel has those buttons that controls the volume,
changes tracks, etc for the radio unit. Is there a way to connect an
aftermarket to those steering wheel controls? thanks in advanced.

If your pioneer is remote ready, you can get an adapter that will let you
use the steering wheel controls

How would i be able to tell if the deck is remote ready?

Did your Pioneer unit came with a remote?
What is the model # of your Pioneer?- Hide quoted text -

Actually yeah.,.. it does have an input the size of a jack for the
wired remote control. I've started to look it up and have found the
adapter for it.. thanks a lot..

Posted to rec.audio.car
Nick and Tina Nick and Tina is offline

How would i be able to tell if the deck is remote ready?

Geez, you would have to go back over 25 years to find a HU that DID NOT have
remote capability for outboard amp/amps.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tim Witort Tim Witort is offline

Nick and Tina seemed to utter in
:

How would i be able to tell if the deck is remote ready?

Geez, you would have to go back over 25 years to find a HU that DID NOT
have remote capability for outboard amp/amps.

The "remote" he's refering to are remote controls for
volume, seek, etc. Not the remote turn-on for external
amps and other gear. Or were you just kidding?

-- TRW
t i m . w i t o r t