Posted to rec.audio.car
NewsGroupie

Default CDRs and Cars

I burn CDs at 4X but guilty of leaving burned CDs in my car. During

playback, the car CD player produces ticking, hissing, then finally

play-stoppage. It appears using cheap blank CDRs and cars is a no-no.

Will the Taiyo Yuden or like caliber CDRs withstand car storage but, play

without degradation. Further, please explain what's best for car use. I.E.

Silver ink jet, White thermal, White inkjet, etc. Thanks a bunch

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion

NewsGroupie wrote:
I burn CDs at 4X but guilty of leaving burned CDs in my car. During

playback, the car CD player produces ticking, hissing, then finally

play-stoppage. It appears using cheap blank CDRs and cars is a no-no.

Will the Taiyo Yuden or like caliber CDRs withstand car storage but, play

without degradation. Further, please explain what's best for car use. I.E.

Silver ink jet, White thermal, White inkjet, etc. Thanks a bunch

Really largely depends on your CD player. My old (circa 1992) Alpine
7904 works about as well with cheap CD-R discs as with more expensive
ones. I find cheaper ones are more prone to have issues with scratched
or dirty discs, and one or two particular brands seem to have more
problems with both their cheap and higher-quality discs, but other
players will not necessarily have the same results.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0604-4, 01/27/2006
Tested on: 1/27/2006 11:31:37 AM