Daniel Snooks

Default need info on older ORION product ...

I am looking for the TS parameters for an Orion XTR10 - series 2.
This would be about 10 years old, so I would assume some things have changed
compared to the newer (they were still making them a few years ago) XTR
line. At the very least, what volume is recommended for a sealed application
with this sub? BTW, this is 4ohm and is rated to handle 500W RMS. I have it
in a homemade 2.4cuft ported enclosure, but I am changing the configuration
of the system in my car, and want to go sealed.

TIA for any help,
Dan

FasDeth

"Daniel Snooks" wrote in message
I am looking for the TS parameters for an Orion XTR10 - series 2.
This would be about 10 years old, so I would assume some things have

changed
compared to the newer (they were still making them a few years ago) XTR
line. At the very least, what volume is recommended for a sealed

application
with this sub? BTW, this is 4ohm and is rated to handle 500W RMS. I have

it
in a homemade 2.4cuft ported enclosure, but I am changing the

configuration
of the system in my car, and want to go sealed.

TIA for any help,
Dan

I still have one of those ! XTR10IB.
Check out the last version of WinISD. I believe they are in the database.

-Fd

Daniel Snooks

I still have one of those ! XTR10IB.
Check out the last version of WinISD. I believe they are in the database.

-Fd

That is true, and I do have an original XTR10 in my other car. But what I am
wondering is if there is a difference in the T/S for the "Series 2" version
of the sub. The original owner of these (I bought them used) didn't purchase
them at the same time. So I have an original XTR10 and a XTR10-Series 2. The
original is rated 800W RMS, and the Series 2 is rated 500W RMS. I wonder if
that (and the stencil) is the only difference. Perhaps they are physically
identical?

Dan