Brian

Default Ridiculas Cars

Its bad here too in San Diego. Yesterday I saw a wannabe racer stopped on
the freeway running out to pick up some of his cheesy bodywork that had
fallen off. Yea, real trick. I'm sure that car would hold up real well at
120...not

"Gravity" wrote in message
Driving around downtown Windsor, Ontario me and my buddy spotted a few

cars
worthy of posting.

4dr 2nd Gen Cavalier (base) with what looked like a Neon spoiler, exhaust
tip held on by exhaust brackets, and NOS/GT-R badges. Oh, and don't forget
the bling bling chrome hubcaps.

CRX with a "Got Nitrous?" sticker in the rear window. However, the car
didn't have NOS or ANY other mod except for a rusted Ractive fart pipe
exhaust and a Jensen tape deck. Hell... buddy didn't even have a console

or
a complete dash.

Mercury Cougar (old style) with a huge painted wing that flexed majorly as
he drove (looked like one of those baby Jolly Jumpers), and every time the
car hit a bump the headlights went out.

Chrystler Daytona with a bad body kit, this one was great because he

busted
the front clip off when he drove out of his driveway.

:-D I just cut the cheese!

Simon Burrows

"Gravity" wrote in message
Driving around downtown Windsor, Ontario me and my buddy spotted a few

cars
worthy of posting.

CRX with a "Got Nitrous?" sticker in the rear window. However, the car
didn't have NOS or ANY other mod except for a rusted Ractive fart pipe
exhaust and a Jensen tape deck. Hell... buddy didn't even have a console

or
a complete dash.

How do you know he didn't have a Nitrous Oxide system fitted?

Nick

Its a hatchback.

And I doubt anyone with such a POS would bother custom mounting a nos bottle
in some discret, hard to install location.

All of these turds with wheels are a dime a dozen in NYC. Its actually kind
of amusing hearing 10 fart canons in a one block radius...

"Simon Burrows" wrote in message

"Gravity" wrote in message
Driving around downtown Windsor, Ontario me and my buddy spotted a few

cars
worthy of posting.

CRX with a "Got Nitrous?" sticker in the rear window. However, the car
didn't have NOS or ANY other mod except for a rusted Ractive fart pipe
exhaust and a Jensen tape deck. Hell... buddy didn't even have a console

or
a complete dash.

How do you know he didn't have a Nitrous Oxide system fitted?

SmilingSinner

CRX with a "Got Nitrous?" sticker in the rear window. However, the car
didn't have NOS or ANY other mod except for a rusted Ractive fart pipe
exhaust and a Jensen tape deck. Hell... buddy didn't even have a console or
a complete dash.

"Got Nitrous?"
He probably meant in a balloon to inhale since he spent all his interior
money on x for the rave.
"Gravity" wrote in message
[...]

Brandon Buckner

I'm with ya, but well... I can and have made 4.3L and 5.0L engines that
will more than outdo stock 5.7s. WITHOUT using turbos and
superchargers. God I want to get my hands on a 454 though... heh.

Brandonb

Hamilton Audio wrote:
sorry guys...I'm an old school muscle car guy myself...if its less than 350
cubic inches, you're wasting your time!! I'm all about nasty, rattling,
vibrating, doesn't-wanna-idle (but will hand you your ass) big blocks...

Hamilton Audio

aha...but you didn't say WHAT 5.7 did you? are we talking about a smogger
engine from the late 70's? or are we talking about the REAL "LT1" from
68 and on (thats the underrated 375 horse version Or what about the
version of the 5.7 thats in the new C5 (oh yeah, 345 hp?)

he he....not all 5.7's are created equal...

Hamilton Audio
Car Audio, Security & Performance

Hamilton Audio wrote:
sorry guys...I'm an old school muscle car guy myself...if its less than

350
cubic inches, you're wasting your time!! I'm all about nasty, rattling,
vibrating, doesn't-wanna-idle (but will hand you your ass) big blocks...

Lex

glad to see there are still old school ppl out there who understand the
concept of big engines... and... the 5.7 in the 98 and later f and y bodies
is actually a 346 or 347.. not a 350

. ca...

Hamilton Audio wrote:
sorry guys...I'm an old school muscle car guy myself...if its less

than
350
cubic inches, you're wasting your time!! I'm all about nasty,

rattling,
vibrating, doesn't-wanna-idle (but will hand you your ass) big

blocks...

Steve Grauman

are we talking about a smogger
engine from the late 70's?

By 82' the engine was down to 200 Hp in the Stingray bodied C3 Corvette'.
Lowering the compression and power output were the only ways GM could figure to
get the engine to pass emissions. I believe that in it's more expensive
applications, like in the Vette' (as opposed to the trucks and other "lesser"
vehicles it also showed up in) the 350 was being fuel injected by this point in
82', but it didn't do much good.

Or what about the
version of the 5.7 thats in the new C5 (oh yeah, 345 hp?)

It's 2003, it's time that GM started thinking about dumping the OHV, 2 valve
per cylinder layout on the 350 and moved into the future. Nissan has a 5.6
litre, DOHC multi-valve V8 coming out in the new Triton pickup truck that makes
over 300 horsepower and 375+ Ft. Lbs. of torque. GM needs a DOHC, 4 valve per
cylinder V8 for the Vette'. It's no surprise the LT5 was the best engine they
ever used, and look at it's layout...
Daniel Snooks

Steve Grauman wrote
It's 2003, it's time that GM started thinking about dumping the OHV, 2

valve
per cylinder layout on the 350 and moved into the future. Nissan has a 5.6
litre, DOHC multi-valve V8 coming out in the new Triton pickup truck that

makes
over 300 horsepower and 375+ Ft. Lbs. of torque. GM needs a DOHC, 4 valve

per
cylinder V8 for the Vette'. It's no surprise the LT5 was the best engine

they
ever used, and look at it's layout...

Say what? Over 300hp in the new Triton? That is nothing. The LS6 in 2003
gets 405hp and 400ft-lb of torque. Why the heck would they want to ditch the
pushrods? You will notice that they are acheiving similar numbers using 1
camshaft or 4 camshafts except the LS6 gets 15 more lb of torque.

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks

Brandon Buckner

I'd've mentioned that they aren't actual 350s, but well.. Lex beat me to
it. Still though, it all depends on how they're dressed up. I still
need the time and money to get my Vortec 350 built up in my Tahoe. Too
many things to do, so little money and time...

Brandonb

Hamilton Audio wrote:

sorry guys...I'm an old school muscle car guy myself...if its less than

350

cubic inches, you're wasting your time!! I'm all about nasty, rattling,
vibrating, doesn't-wanna-idle (but will hand you your ass) big blocks...

Hamilton Audio

I knew it would come...whats a few cubic inches among friends? its
close enough to be called equal, isn't it? n e who, the engine in the C5 is
nothing short of phenomenal, pushrods and all.

I find it humerous (and technically challenging) that someone right now
could still argue that a 4 valve setup is superior to 2 valve setups for the
aftermarket????????

have you seen what kind of aftermarket there is for all of those dohc v8's
(yep, hardly anything). now look for a pre-87 350. pages, and pages, and
pages in countless catalogs specifically for the 350. and they are the
CHEAPEST parts to buy. I refuse to believe that you can make more
horsepower with dohc than you can with pushrods in a v8.

I've personally witnessed full roller, pushrod big blocks (big-big blocks,
500 cubes and larger) spin well into 10,000 rpm. sure, dohc will do it too,
but with significantly more complexity, more parts and WAY more cost on a hp
for hp basis.

dollar for dollar, the pushrod engine still can't be beat for performance.
there may be slicker technology available...but think back to the original
Fast and the Furious...what it a challenger or charger? yep, good ol big
block, 871 huffer and lots of squeeze = MASSIVE POWER.

end rant hehe

Hamilton Audio wrote:

sorry guys...I'm an old school muscle car guy myself...if its less than

350

cubic inches, you're wasting your time!! I'm all about nasty,

rattling,
vibrating, doesn't-wanna-idle (but will hand you your ass) big

blocks...

Frizzle

Default Ridiculas Cars 79 was a good year

It's REAL bad here in Columbus, Ohio all you see is hondas, acuras and
even Kia with the burp cans and the wings I don't think they know it
weighs down there little cars to bad I'm not a street racer because I
would be rich. It's bad they actually think their cars are fast. 4
bangers vs. V8 there's no chance unless you have a lot of money and one
hell of a engineer..

1979 Pontiac Firebird true FLAMETHROWER!! "Need a light?"
2002 Pontiac Firebird now turbo-charged 500hp!
1999 Ford Mustang - Sold!
1996 Honda Civic still americas #1 Beater

Brandon Buckner

It was a Charger. Sweet car too.

One thing you've got to consider though is how long the 350 has been
around and with how relatively few changes there have been compared to
the newer V8s and import engines, et al. and the far larger number of
them being used or have been used, which leads to much more research and
aftermarket production. Manufacturers are going to go where the most
money is to be made. Whatever the most common engine is on the planet is
going to have the most aftermarket parts available, period.

Brandonb

Hamilton Audio wrote:

sorry guys...I'm an old school muscle car guy myself...if its less than

350

cubic inches, you're wasting your time!! I'm all about nasty,

rattling,

vibrating, doesn't-wanna-idle (but will hand you your ass) big

blocks...

Gravity

Rice is closer then I thought, one of my friends just ask me to install WW
LED's on her car, not cool .

:-D I just cut the cheese!

Hamilton Audio wrote:

sorry guys...I'm an old school muscle car guy myself...if its less

than

350

cubic inches, you're wasting your time!! I'm all about nasty,

rattling,

vibrating, doesn't-wanna-idle (but will hand you your ass) big

blocks...

Brandon Buckner

As popular as rice is among the younger generation (god did I just say
that?), the actual aftermarket mods available is rather limited. You can
pick up, say, Superstreet or Import Tuner magazine and there's tons upon
tons of body kits, exhaust parts, spoilers, wings, shifter knobs, fake
carbon fiber trim pieces, head light assemblies, stickers, et al. Every
once in a great while you may come across parts for the engine itself
like turbos, superchargers, pulleys, alternaters, intercoolers, and all
that crap. Possibly even some headers. Sure, it looks like a lot but....

Now pull out your standard Jegs magazine. There's about 50 different (or
more) parts for every single aspect of the engine, exhaust, and body of
the car for a Chevy/Ford V8 or 4.3 V6, etc. AKA the popular domestic
engines. You can mix and match rockers and valves and cams and pistons
and crankshafts and pulleys and heads and even decide among the almost
countless types of carburetors or fuel injection and what kind of intake
to give it. And its all a LOT cheaper than the import parts. The
downside is it may not be as fuel efficient or last as long, but hell,
when its easy to fix yourself and much cheaper when something DOES
break, It pretty much pays for itself. Kinda like the difference between
Apple and the generic IBM-compatible PC really.

Brandonb

Hamilton Audio wrote:

sorry guys...I'm an old school muscle car guy myself...if its less

than

350

cubic inches, you're wasting your time!! I'm all about nasty,

rattling,

vibrating, doesn't-wanna-idle (but will hand you your ass) big

blocks...

David

No, no, and no....

To start off, imports ARE very popular among the younger crowd. You see all
kinds of all show, no go honda's because thats what alot of kids are into these
days. This is about the only true part to your post....

As popular as rice is among the younger generation (god did I just say
that?), the actual aftermarket mods available is rather limited. You can
pick up, say, Superstreet or Import Tuner magazine and there's tons upon
tons of body kits, exhaust parts, spoilers, wings, shifter knobs, fake
carbon fiber trim pieces, head light assemblies, stickers, et al. Every
once in a great while you may come across parts for the engine itself
like turbos, superchargers, pulleys, alternaters, intercoolers, and all
that crap. Possibly even some headers. Sure, it looks like a lot but....

BS....you have to remember that the magazine is about import cars, not a
catalog for parts. Manufacturers simply run an ad in each magazine advertising
what they sell alot of, ie: your basic bolt on parts. However, the selection
for aftermarket parts for imports is endless, if you really wanted to, you
could by an aray of aftermarket parts and build a complete engine. Its
available, your just looking in the wrong places and are mislead.

And its all a LOT cheaper than the import parts. The
downside is it may not be as fuel efficient or last as long, but hell,
when its easy to fix yourself and much cheaper when something DOES
break, It pretty much pays for itself

Cheaper...how do you figure? How much did that complete exhaust for your
mustang run you? I'll bet about the same as the exhaust for my integra ran me.
What about that supercharger? Again, not much of a price difference huh?
Your intake, probably more than mine cost me. And, my import IS more fuel
efficient, and it WILL run for damn near ever...because, after all, it is a
honda. As for fixing things yourself, what can go wrong in a import that cant
in a domestic? If you have the knowledge of the engine, the skies are the
limit, are they not?

Yes, i am an import tuner, and yes, i do support imports. Sure, take your big
V-8 that makes god only knows what horsepower STOCK, and then you throw all
kinds of **** on it and make it even faster, and stomp the **** out of me at
the stoplight. But i think i'd get more of a rush knowing that i took a small
4 cylinder engine with not a whole lot of power, and made it fast enough that
it ran with your mustang. Will it take more money? Yes. Does it bring me more
satisfaction knowing that i took this slow ass car and made it fast enough to
run with your V-8? Your damn right. Dont knock it til ya try it.
Brandon Buckner

Before you go on a rant... oops too late. But I guess I should clear
some things up. I do not now or ever have owned a Mustang. Actually, I
didn't even mention them in my post. The closest I got was Chevy/Ford
V8. I actually didn't even mention what my vehicle was. For the sake of
argument, I currently own 2 vehicles: a 97 Ford Contour inline 4, and a
96 Chevy Tahoe V8 4x4. My previous cars were a 74 Toyota Celica GT and
an 87 Toyota Celica GT-S.

Because I know you'll throw it back at me, the Tahoe is 100% stock as
far as engine/exhaust/drivetrain/suspension/everything else goes. The
only modifications I've made, have been de-badging it and removal of
some ugly chrome crap the previous owner put on it before me. According
to Chevy, it makes a grand total of 240HP. Even has the stock 16"
wheels. It is primarily a winter vehicle and a hauling vehicle. It is by
no means fast or fuel efficient, and with the high gear ratio was not
meant to be.

The rest is inline:

David wrote:

No, no, and no....

To start off, imports ARE very popular among the younger crowd. You see all
kinds of all show, no go honda's because thats what alot of kids are into these
days. This is about the only true part to your post....

There are some other nuggets, as I'll point out...

[...]

I admit that it is probably not the best place to look for parts, but I
have yet to find a better source. You mention some catalogs, I'd be very
interested to know of some. When I was searching for parts for my
Celica, it was damn near impossible. One of the reasons I finally got
rid of it. Even still, my comment wasn't BS. For the media examples
given, it was very much true. Do you dispute that? I left it above, go
back and read it, I'll wait.

And its all a LOT cheaper than the import parts. The
downside is it may not be as fuel efficient or last as long, but hell,
when its easy to fix yourself and much cheaper when something DOES
break, It pretty much pays for itself

Cheaper...how do you figure? How much did that complete exhaust for your
mustang run you? I'll bet about the same as the exhaust for my integra ran me.
What about that supercharger? Again, not much of a price difference huh?
Your intake, probably more than mine cost me. And, my import IS more fuel
efficient, and it WILL run for damn near ever...because, after all, it is a
honda. As for fixing things yourself, what can go wrong in a import that cant
in a domestic? If you have the knowledge of the engine, the skies are the
limit, are they not?

We've already been over the mustang comment, but a friend of mine paid
$150 for his which included 2 Flowmaster mufflers for his mustange. I
remember paying $150 for one muffler for my Celica, let alone the rest
of the pipes that I had to get, not including labor. Not even going to
get into superchargers, because I haven't researched them for either
type of vehicle. They could very well be the same price. What are you
referring to for intake? A K&N filter or the whole manifold and other
various items that go into the "intake" category?

I fully admitted that imports are usually more fuel efficient, and that
it may run longer. However, on both fronts, how long it will run depends
on how well the engine and vehicle is taken care of. I've known imports
that blew their engines at 80K, and I know domestics that have 200-300k
miles on them. Some are better than others. When it comes time to decide
on either a new car or rebuilding an engine though, I'll feel better
about rebuilding my V8 than my Contour or any of my old Celicas because
its easier, and more is known and made for it. The skies ARE the limit
IF you have the knowledge. I'm willing to bet on which side has more
knowledgeable people though. I've rebuilt a 4.3L V6 before which is the
same engine as my 350 but with 2 less cylinders before. I know where I
myself have more knowledge.

Yes, i am an import tuner, and yes, i do support imports. Sure, take your big
V-8 that makes god only knows what horsepower STOCK, and then you throw all
kinds of **** on it and make it even faster, and stomp the **** out of me at
the stoplight. But i think i'd get more of a rush knowing that i took a small
4 cylinder engine with not a whole lot of power, and made it fast enough that
it ran with your mustang. Will it take more money? Yes. Does it bring me more
satisfaction knowing that i took this slow ass car and made it fast enough to
run with your V-8? Your damn right. Dont knock it til ya try it.

I've already said, 240HP STOCK on my V8. Its not as much as import
enthusiasts always seem to think. A Nissan Maxima has more horse power
than my big old Chevy Truck. But the sky is damn near the limit on
upgrades and modifications that can be done to one. Even more
possibilities and power than a Supra or Skyline (My dream cars btw). The
imports are also a LOT lighter in weight. That means easier to move on
less power. You seem to be contradicting yourself. You mention
"Cheaper...how do you figure?" two paragraphs above, while at the end of
your last paragraph, you say "Will it take more money? Yes." So? Which
is it? And I'm not knocking it. I don't believe anywhere in my previous
post did I ever demean import tuners. I used the term "rice" yes, but in
conjunction with the popularity with the younger crowd that mostly
doesn't know their ass from a whole in the ground. I actually have much
respect for import tuners and I wholeheartedly believe that there IS a
difference between an import tuner, and a ricer. The difference being
the person behind the wheel that has the knowledge, the ability, and for
Christ's sake, a sense of STYLE.

Taking a 10-15 year old Accord, throwing a wing, a fart can muffler, and
a bunch of stickers and neon on it is NOT am import tuner. That is RICE.
And my 6800 pound 240hp stock 4x4 100k mile V8 with high ration towing
gears Tahoe will beat it anyday. Especially down hill, with a tail wind .

Brandonb

Soundfreak03

Yes, i am an import tuner, and yes, i do support imports. Sure, take your
big
V-8 that makes god only knows what horsepower STOCK, and then you throw all
kinds of **** on it and make it even faster, and stomp the **** out of me

at
the stoplight. But i think i'd get more of a rush knowing that i took a

small
4 cylinder engine with not a whole lot of power, and made it fast enough

that
it ran with your mustang. Will it take more money? Yes. Does it bring me

more
satisfaction knowing that i took this slow ass car and made it fast enough

run with your V-8? Your damn right. Dont knock it til ya try it.

Ok try this on for size.

"I spent more money, time, and energy taking a slow ass 4 cylinder to make it
run with your mustang"
Sounds pretty stupid if you ask me, especially when I take half of the money
you spent on upgrading yours and make my Mustang in a league you cant touch.
And if you got to that league you would have spent at least 4 times the money
and effort. Besides what do you do when one of those things breaks down? There
is barely enough room to get a wrench in there.

Les

Paul Vina

Even more
possibilities and power than a Supra or Skyline (My dream cars btw).

The Skyline with the RB26DETT will make over 1000HP at the wheels with about
a $1000 investment. I can't think of any domestics that will touch that.

Paul Vina

Soundfreak03

The Skyline with the RB26DETT will make over 1000HP at the wheels with about
a $1000 investment. I can't think of any domestics that will touch that.

Paul Vina

Just out of Curiousity how much is a Skyline?
I know I can get a low mileage Mustang for under 5,000. Put another couple
grand in parts and you have one fast car.

Les

Paul Vina

That would depend on where you live. Also, all a Mustang is good for is
straight line performance. If that's what I was after I would not be
looking at a Skyline, they're two totally different animals. I could get
another XR4Ti and get Mustang equaling, or beating, performance for less
than the $3000 you paid for the Mustang.

Paul Vina

"Soundfreak03" wrote in message
The Skyline with the RB26DETT will make over 1000HP at the wheels with

about
a $1000 investment. I can't think of any domestics that will touch that.

Paul Vina

Just out of Curiousity how much is a Skyline?
I know I can get a low mileage Mustang for under 5,000. Put another couple
grand in parts and you have one fast car.

Les

Soundfreak03

Also, all a Mustang is good for is
straight line performance.

Have you driven a mustang? Well specifically the 88-92. Paul I agree with you
on almost everything on here but this no. I bet the skyline can handle well be
a Mustang can too. Just a matter of what you do to it.

If that's what I was after I would not be
looking at a Skyline, they're two totally different animals.

Ya the Mustang is a real car and the Skyline, well, isnt Just kidding
though. You do make a good point to a degree. I wouldnt say totally different
but mostly different.

Ok but I can go out right now and Buy an 92 Mustang for 3000, then I can put
another couple thousand and make a car that is faster than hell, take another
thousand and make it handle better. My TOTAL investent is 6000. Where are you
going to find a Skyline that you can put all those mods and get the car for
6000??

Brandon Buckner

Yes, but you have to spend ~$90k to purchase it and get it shipped to
Canada from Japan then manage to get it into the States without someone
bitching about emissions regulations when trying to license it. Don't
get me wrong, I would absolutely LOVE one. But thats what I make in 3
years, so I don't think its gonna happen anytime soon. Thats also with
just a supercharger isn't it?

Brandonb

Paul Vina wrote:

Even more
possibilities and power than a Supra or Skyline (My dream cars btw).

The Skyline with the RB26DETT will make over 1000HP at the wheels with about
a $1000 investment. I can't think of any domestics that will touch that.

Paul Vina

shutout31

When I read the title I thought of what I saw not long ago.
http://tinyurl.com/npvg Check it out.
--
shutout31
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=156359

Paul Vina

Have you driven a mustang? Well specifically the 88-92. Paul I agree with

you
on almost everything on here but this no. I bet the skyline can handle

well be
a Mustang can too. Just a matter of what you do to it.

Yes I have. The handling has always felt mushy to say the least. My 99
Passat handles better than the 2001 Mustang GT a friend of mine has. The
88-92's were probably the best, but not what I would say is good by any
stretch.

Ok but I can go out right now and Buy an 92 Mustang for 3000, then I can

put
another couple thousand and make a car that is faster than hell, take

another
thousand and make it handle better. My TOTAL investent is 6000. Where are

you
going to find a Skyline that you can put all those mods and get the car

for
6000??

In Japan. It's all about availability. Besides, I'd rather have a car
that handles well from the get go, they're more fun to drive.

Paul Vina

Paul Vina

There is a company in S.CA that imports them directly from Japan. If you
get an R32 model they start at $27K or so. And they're smog legal.
www.Motorex.com if you want to have a look.

Paul Vina

Paul Vina wrote:

Even more
possibilities and power than a Supra or Skyline (My dream cars btw).

The Skyline with the RB26DETT will make over 1000HP at the wheels with

about
a $1000 investment. I can't think of any domestics that will touch

that.

Paul Vina

Daniel Snooks

ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs wrote
Next year Volkswagon is releasing a car that is 1,001 HP from the factory.

Actually, that would be the Bugatti Veyron, and now we are getting a little
carried away with cost. Retail is US$1.3 million I believe. Anyone know if
that is actually going to be the pricetag?
Nice looking car though, apparently just as much thought was put into the
sound system as everything else. I can't recall who was involved in
designing it, but there was an article in either Road & Track, or Car &
Driver last year that detailed it. Imagine buying a car that you don't have
to upgrade the stereo in?

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks

Daniel Snooks

shutout31 wrote
When I read the title I thought of what I saw not long ago.
http://tinyurl.com/npvg Check it out.

That is by FAR the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in/on/near a car
.... that picture is my wallpaper from now on.

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks

Brandon Buckner

BTW, its www.motorex.net. .com is a swiss oil company. For anyone else
thats interested. The R32s are still only up to 1994. $27,000 is a LOT
to spend on a 9-10 year or more old car. The price I approximated below
was for the newer R34s. Which, according to that site, new one is $95,500.

Brandonb

Paul Vina wrote:

Even more
possibilities and power than a Supra or Skyline (My dream cars btw).

The Skyline with the RB26DETT will make over 1000HP at the wheels with

about

a $1000 investment. I can't think of any domestics that will touch

that.

Paul Vina

Hamilton Audio

correct me if I'm wrong on any of these.... its not even legal to import to
north america. right? (doesn't come close to meeting DOT rules) second, it
runs like 13:1 (or more) compression, so forget pump gas...right? oh, and
the final thing. isn't that car, when converted and imported (even if you
could), worth over $100,000 us??

please compare apples to apples. for $100,000 us, you can buy a brand new
C5 Vette, and have Lingenfelter put the "big kit" on it...twin turbos, etc
etc etc. 800 some odd, street legal, 15 mpg horsepower. Oh, and that would
be the fastest street legal car on the pavement right now (according to the
Car and Driver show I just watched).

??

"Paul Vina" wrote in message

[...]

Hamilton Audio

having looked at the site....they quote a mid 90's Vspec R32 at being worth
$48,000. Now add $16,000 to convert it to being street legal. now add
ungodly amounts to get it here......

and we're comparing this to a mid 90's stang worth $4,000??????

head shake please

Paul Vina wrote:

Even more
possibilities and power than a Supra or Skyline (My dream cars

btw).

The Skyline with the RB26DETT will make over 1000HP at the wheels

with

about

a $1000 investment. I can't think of any domestics that will touch

that.

Paul Vina

Paul Vina

When Motorex imports them they do the emmissions stuff they need to to make
them street legal. And yes you can import cars, Toyota, Nissan, Honda etc.
do it all the time. Say you bought an R34 and put $1000 into it. You'd be
at about $95,000 which would compare with the Lingenfelter C5 price-wise but
would have over 200 more horsepower, WOULD run on pump gas (even the 91
octane pee water we get here in CA) and would outhandle any street legal C5
anywhere and have OEM driveability to boot.

Paul Vina

[...]

Paul Vina

It doesn't cost $16,000 to convert it, the price includes the conversion.
They quote the $16,000 if you want them to convert a car YOU bring over. I
compared them because in Japan they are about the same price as a 90's
Mustang. If we were in Japan you'd say the same thing about the Mustang
being a lot more expensive.

Paul Vina

Paul Vina wrote:

Even more
possibilities and power than a Supra or Skyline (My dream cars

btw).

The Skyline with the RB26DETT will make over 1000HP at the wheels

with

about

a $1000 investment. I can't think of any domestics that will touch

that.

Paul Vina

Soundfreak03

When Motorex imports them they do the emmissions stuff they need to to make
them street legal. And yes you can import cars, Toyota, Nissan, Honda etc.
do it all the time. Say you bought an R34 and put $1000 into it. You'd be
at about $95,000 which would compare with the Lingenfelter C5 price-wise but
would have over 200 more horsepower, WOULD run on pump gas (even the 91
octane pee water we get here in CA) and would outhandle any street legal C5
anywhere and have OEM driveability to boot.

Paul Vina

Ok, but I thought we were talking about a Mustang vs whatever oversees car.
So what Skyline or R34 or whatever are you going to get for a total of under
6,000 that will compete with the Mustangs I have talked about? If we are talkig
90,000 dollar cars then ya it probably would be better than a Stang. So what is
the actual price of the car you talked about earlier? I really have no idea as
I have never once even looked into them.
And BTW horsepower is alot like speaker power ratings. It is not the deciding
factor. Where is the horsepower measured at? What RPM? What are the gear ratios
and tire size and etc.

Hamilton Audio

thank you sir! I agree that horsepower is not the deciding factor...ohh
well. seems paul is hung up on this car....what are the TORQUE ratings for
this vehicle in the driveable band? and it'll make this hp AND torque on
pee water?? if this is the case, how come every idiot willing to spend big
bucks on a ride aren't importing these things? why do they waste their time
on vettes, camaros and mustangs??

clearly there's more to the story. and soundfreak is right...you were
comparing to a mustang...somthing under $10,000, let alone $100,000. apples
to apples guy!

[...]

Whey do people buy Bose Acousticmass systems instead of something like this? SalMX70 General 95 December 27th 04 12:37 AM
Help on car's computer! Tom Car Audio 0 August 25th 03 07:48 PM
will mp3 made on NTFS file system play in mp3 players for cars??? CapnGimp Car Audio 1 July 17th 03 05:00 PM
will mp3 made on NTFS file system play in mp3 players for cars??? CapnGimp Car Audio 2 July 14th 03 01:34 AM
Who here has perfomance cars? Dean Car Audio 7 July 6th 03 01:43 PM