Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris Gillies Chris Gillies is offline

Default Chuck Berry mic

Intrigued by the €śpedigree€ť of a 60's Premier drum set on Ebay, I went
down the rabbit hole and found them in this German Beat Club video from
1972. I thought they were toy props at first but...
What the heck are all those orange mics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72_JQcup4ic
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ralph Barone[_3_] Ralph Barone[_3_] is offline

Chris Gillies wrote:
Intrigued by the €śpedigree€ť of a 60's Premier drum set on Ebay, I went
down the rabbit hole and found them in this German Beat Club video from
1972. I thought they were toy props at first but...
What the heck are all those orange mics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72_JQcup4ic

Given the orange dust caps on the speakers, I can only imagine it was stock
equipment repainted to put a little colour on stage.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Chris Gillies wrote:
Intrigued by the €śpedigree€ť of a 60's Premier drum set on Ebay, I went
down the rabbit hole and found them in this German Beat Club video from
1972. I thought they were toy props at first but...
What the heck are all those orange mics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72_JQcup4ic

It's hard to see anything in that smeary video, but I am guessing they are
AKG D19 mikes that have been spraypainted orange.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2020-11-07 2:13 p.m., Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article ,
Chris Gillies wrote:
Intrigued by the €śpedigree€ť of a 60's Premier drum set on Ebay, I went
down the rabbit hole and found them in this German Beat Club video from
1972. I thought they were toy props at first but...
What the heck are all those orange mics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72_JQcup4ic

It's hard to see anything in that smeary video, but I am guessing they are
AKG D19 mikes that have been spraypainted orange.
--scott

I did some obsessive digging, and found someone on Gearslutz asked the
same question. This thing is so obscure it's no wonder that nobody
recognized the profile. It was distributed in Germany as a €śBlackfield
Orchester Elektronik MD20€ť (probably made by RCF).
....Never heard of them!!!
There's a picture at the bottom of this thread:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-m...icrophone.html

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Chris Gillies wrote:

===================

I did some obsessive digging,

** He's not lying.

and found someone on Gearslutz asked the
same question. This thing is so obscure it's no wonder that nobody
recognized the profile. It was distributed in Germany as a €śBlackfield
Orchester Elektronik MD20€ť (probably made by RCF).
...Never heard of them!!!
There's a picture at the bottom of this thread:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-m...icrophone.html

** Like the Roman Senator: Obscurus Maximus

..... Phil ( former Latin Student )