Posted to rec.audio.tech
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default antenna connector

My daughter bought a Sherwood rx with a strange(to me) FM antenna
connector. it looks like a fat F connector with no threads. She wants
to connect it to an outdoor antenna and wants an adapter so she can
connect it to a standard F connector. What do you call this type of
connector.

Jimmie
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Tim Schwartz Tim Schwartz is offline

JIMMIE wrote:
My daughter bought a Sherwood rx with a strange(to me) FM antenna
connector. it looks like a fat F connector with no threads. She wants
to connect it to an outdoor antenna and wants an adapter so she can
connect it to a standard F connector. What do you call this type of
connector.

Jimmie

It sounds like a PAL connector, which is a European standard. You might
be able to get an adapter at Radio Shack here in the USA. Also, MCM
Electronics (www.mcmelectronics.com) used to carry them.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Serge Auckland[_2_] Serge Auckland[_2_] is offline

"Tim Schwartz" wrote in message
JIMMIE wrote:
My daughter bought a Sherwood rx with a strange(to me) FM antenna
connector. it looks like a fat F connector with no threads. She wants
to connect it to an outdoor antenna and wants an adapter so she can
connect it to a standard F connector. What do you call this type of
connector.

Jimmie

It sounds like a PAL connector, which is a European standard. You might
be able to get an adapter at Radio Shack here in the USA. Also, MCM
Electronics (www.mcmelectronics.com) used to carry them.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

I had to look up PAL connector. Over here (UK) they're called Belling-Lee
coax connectors from the name of the original manufacturer. They're the
standard antenna connector for TV and FM. They come in two varieties, sexes
if you will, but not all manufacturers care, some fit the male part on the
chassis, some the female. Typically, the female should be the antenna in,
the male the antenna out where you have a loop-through.

S.
--
http://audiopages.googlepages.com

Rfkiki Rfkiki is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge Auckland[_2_] View Post
JIMMIE wrote:
[...]

Hi

It seems that the adapter you mentioned is F female to PAL connector ,I am not sure about it.Could you please help confirm it.

See this adpater is ok ?
http://www.rfsupplier.com/images/ProPho/1665/A.jpg

Thank you very much

Rfkiki

bnc to TS connector amble Pro Audio 6 May 5th 06 03:11 AM
Phillips 75 ohm antenna input - what style connector is this and how to adapt to it?? David Forsyth Tech 12 April 22nd 05 11:35 AM
liberty gx auto antenna connector Gregory Kleverlaan Car Audio 4 January 19th 05 02:52 AM
Pin map for 16-pin connector? Patrick Car Audio 1 November 5th 03 07:56 PM
din 3pin mic connector mike Pro Audio 8 July 9th 03 05:30 PM