Posted to rec.audio.car
Duct Tape[_11_] Duct Tape[_11_] is offline

Default install sony without butchering wiring harness?

the old harness will probably plug right in, but from what i remember,
the pins are in different spots, you might end up frying the new
radio.

i dont know why they wouldnt just use an adapter harness to do the new
radio, unless your factory harness was already cut out. if the current
install is using an adapter harness, then it can be reused for the new
radio.

--
Duct Tape

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] Dr.Xenon1@gmail.com is offline

I have a 1999 Toyota Camry LE which presently has a Blaupunkt Sydney
RCM126 installed. I would like to install a Sony CDX-GT610UI .

The local electronics superstore (Future Shop for Canadian readers)
seems to want to cut all the wires in my dashboard and splice in a new
harness at a cost of $50. Is this necessary? Isn't there an adapter
that would avoid cutting wires?

The connectors on my Blaupunkt resemble the connectors on the Sony -
what are the odds that the Sony will just plug right in?

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a 1999 Toyota Camry LE which presently has a Blaupunkt Sydney
RCM126 installed. I would like to install a Sony CDX-GT610UI .

The local electronics superstore (Future Shop for Canadian readers)
seems to want to cut all the wires in my dashboard and splice in a new
harness at a cost of $50. Is this necessary? Isn't there an adapter
that would avoid cutting wires?

The connectors on my Blaupunkt resemble the connectors on the Sony -
what are the odds that the Sony will just plug right in?

It will plug in and work. the only difference is the the remote wire.
Sony uses a 2 seperate remote wire's for amp turn on and antenna remote
the Blaupunkt on uses 1 wire for both antenna and amp remote.
all the rest of the speaker and power wires are the same

Posted to rec.audio.car
Nick and Tina Nick and Tina is offline

I love the handle "duct tape". That should be yours, Howdy. he he

Chevy HHR Wiring Harness Dave628 Car Audio 0 April 10th 06 03:32 PM
Wiring harness Daniel Snooks Car Audio 0 June 22nd 05 01:42 AM
Sony CDX-5270 Wiring Harness Needed HJ Car Audio 3 April 26th 05 05:03 AM
HELP Nak CD-700 wiring harness ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs Car Audio 6 September 19th 03 12:32 AM
2004 Grand Cherokee Head unit Install kit & wiring harness mayhemkrew Car Audio 1 July 30th 03 04:52 PM