Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] daniel.poirier@gmail.com is offline

Default Wiring diagram for 2003 VW Golf ignition switch?

Anyone know where I could find (preferably on-line) the wiring diagram
for a 2003 VW Golf?

I had a new deck installed in my car, and they wired it wrong. My
Golf's ignition switch doesn't have an "accessory" position, and now
the deck is not powered unless the engine is running. This rules out
listening to music when teh car is not running. The old (stock) deck
would keep running even when you shut off the engine, and would turn
off only when you pulled out the key.

I suspect there are two powere leads available from the ignition
switch:
- one that shuts off when you shut off the engine (this is useful for
ventilation, headlights, etc, and I suspect that's what the installer
hooked up to)
- one that only shuts off when you pull out the key (that's the one I
need to hook up to)

Anyone know how to debug this, or find appropriate wiring info?

Thanks...
Dan

Posted to rec.audio.car
ck ck is offline

The have the red and yellow switched. The yellow should have b+ at all times
and red is hot when ignition is turned on
wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

12volts
red (110A)
+
ignition harness

Starter red/black or red/gray + ignition harness
Second Starter N/A
Ignition black + ignition harness
Second Ignition N/A
Third Ignition N/A