Posted to rec.audio.car
Tim Tim is offline

Default Kenwood Car Stereo KDC-135 balanced Left and Right Channel has no bass

Hello,

I installed a Kenwood KDC-135 CD Player in my Echo. I have noticed
some strange problem with the sound, specifically the bass response.
When the balance is turned all the way to the right or left, I hear a
good bass response from the speakers. When the speakers are balanced
equally, the speakers sound very thin with no bass. I've checked all
the settings this stereo has for the type of speakers I installed (6X9
JVC 5 way). The speakers supposed to provide 20 watts per channel. Is
there some type of wiring that I might have misconfigured?

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"Tim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I installed a Kenwood KDC-135 CD Player in my Echo. I have noticed
some strange problem with the sound, specifically the bass response.
When the balance is turned all the way to the right or left, I hear a
good bass response from the speakers. When the speakers are balanced
equally, the speakers sound very thin with no bass. I've checked all
the settings this stereo has for the type of speakers I installed (6X9
JVC 5 way). The speakers supposed to provide 20 watts per channel. Is
there some type of wiring that I might have misconfigured?

You got the + - wrong on one of the speakers. this is called out of phase
and causes the problem you describe.
try this site to see if they have the wire guide for your vehicle
http://installdr.com/

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 26, 6:27 pm, "e-nigma" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hello,

I installed a Kenwood KDC-135 CD Player in my Echo. I have noticed
some strange problem with the sound, specifically the bass response.
When the balance is turned all the way to the right or left, I hear a
good bass response from the speakers. When the speakers are balanced
equally, the speakers sound very thin with no bass. I've checked all
the settings this stereo has for the type of speakers I installed (6X9
JVC 5 way). The speakers supposed to provide 20 watts per channel. Is
there some type of wiring that I might have misconfigured?

You got the + - wrong on one of the speakers. this is called out of phase
and causes the problem you describe.
try this site to see if they have the wire guide for your vehiclehttp://installdr.com/

Yes, this was the problem. Thanks a lot!

"Lost" left channel into stereo headphones through 3.0 / 3.5 mm stereo jack socket / plug Clive Long,UK General 0 June 9th 04 05:57 PM
FA:Kenwood 3020 SE - ONE DAY LEFT !!!!!!!!!!!!! Steven Templeton Marketplace 0 November 30th 03 05:03 PM
Amp Left Channel problem dickydoo Tech 4 October 31st 03 05:50 AM
Old School, 2 Channel Car Stereo Audiophile? Am I the Only One Left? cwlondon Car Audio 2 September 22nd 03 06:20 AM