Posted to rec.audio.car
mnl mnl is offline

Default Alpine 7803S help needed

I am the happy new owner of a 1988 Porsche 911 Targa. The car came
with an Alpine 7803S radio/CD changer but with no owners manual for
the radio. I've spoken to tech support at Alpine but they haven't
been able to help me and all my searches for an owners manual have
been unsuccessful.

I have figured out almost everything I need to know about the radio
with a few exceptions:

How do you set the preset buttons to remember a radio station?
What does the DAP button do?
There is a button on the upper left of the faceplate (next to the clk
and scn button labelled MO/DX.. What does that do?

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"mnl" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am the happy new owner of a 1988 Porsche 911 Targa. The car came
with an Alpine 7803S radio/CD changer but with no owners manual for
the radio. I've spoken to tech support at Alpine but they haven't
been able to help me and all my searches for an owners manual have
been unsuccessful.

I have figured out almost everything I need to know about the radio
with a few exceptions:

How do you set the preset buttons to remember a radio station?
What does the DAP button do?
There is a button on the upper left of the faceplate (next to the clk
and scn button labelled MO/DX.. What does that do?

To set the station presets, press and hold the button for about 2 seconds or
until display starts flashing.
release the button and press it again and the display will stop flashing.
The station is set.

DAP: That unit should have 4 bands FM1 FM2 AM and DAP. You can set 6
stations on each band
You can set 6 FM stations on FM 1 & 2 and 6 stations on AM
DAP lets you preset AM and FM stations on the same band. So you can have 3
AM and 3 FM stations on DAP.
Or 2 AM and 4 FM. Any combination you want even all FM or AM.

MO/DX is a local/distance-Stereo/Mono switch. It makes the FM Tuner weaker.
If you traveling and the Station your listening to starts fading out, you
can put this switch to Mono/DX and the tuner will let you receive the
station for awhile longer, but it will only play in mono instead of stereo.

Posted to rec.audio.car
mnl mnl is offline

On May 31, 7:53 am, "e-nigma" wrote:
"mnl" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

My apologies for waiting so long to follow up on your response. I
have been out of town with only sporadic access to email.
I followed your directions and it worked perfectly. Thanks for your
prompt response, even if mine was not so prompt. It continues to
amaze me
that I could get an answer in so short a period of time via the
internet when Alpine tech support was not able to help me at all.
Thanks again

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"mnl" wrote in message
ps.com...
On May 31, 7:53 am, "e-nigma" wrote:
"mnl" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

No problem. being an installer for 28 years helped..

alpine alram help needed Vestax05pro Car Audio 2 February 10th 05 01:37 AM
Newbe here, EXPERT HELP NEEDED.....Alpine Amp & HU Crossover Set-up??? MWC Car Audio 1 November 23rd 04 01:28 AM
Old School Alpine Amp Help Needed Adrion Car Audio 0 October 1st 04 02:19 AM
Older Alpine Vs. Newer Alpine HU's Sonoman Car Audio 7 April 4th 04 04:02 PM
ALPINE 15" No.1 Car Audio 1 February 27th 04 08:10 PM