Posted to rec.audio.car
allamerreject145 allamerreject145 is offline

Default Speaker troubles

Hi, I purchased 4 alpine type-s 5 ¼ inch speakers and a pioneer
deh-1800 head unit, and recently added a subwoofer. Since I installed
the new speakers, if I put the fade level at neutral or even rear, my
front speakers would produce a severely distorted sound. I checked the
wiring and nothing is touching any metal, and I cant seem to find an
explanation. The only way the speakers sound ok is if I put the fade
level all the way to the front, thus not sending any signal to the
sub. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Luke

Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

On Jun 20, 12:13 am, allamerreject145
wrote:

Hi, I purchased 4 alpine type-s 5 ¼ inch speakers and a pioneer
deh-1800 head unit, and recently added a subwoofer. Since I installed
the new speakers, if I put the fade level at neutral or even rear, my
front speakers would produce a severely distorted sound. I checked the
wiring and nothing is touching any metal, and I cant seem to find an
explanation. The only way the speakers sound ok is if I put the fade
level all the way to the front, thus not sending any signal to the
sub. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

How did you "add a subwoofer"? In other words, what's powering that
sub?

-dan

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"allamerreject145" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, I purchased 4 alpine type-s 5 ¼ inch speakers and a pioneer
deh-1800 head unit, and recently added a subwoofer. Since I installed
the new speakers, if I put the fade level at neutral or even rear, my
front speakers would produce a severely distorted sound. I checked the
wiring and nothing is touching any metal, and I cant seem to find an
explanation. The only way the speakers sound ok is if I put the fade
level all the way to the front, thus not sending any signal to the
sub. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Luke

Is the Subwoofer powered by an amp or the Pioneer head unit?
What year and type vehicle is it?
Do you have rear speakers in the vehicle? if so how do they sound?

Posted to rec.audio.car
allamerreject145 allamerreject145 is offline

Sorry about the confusion, along with the sub, i added a 800w mono
pioneer amp for the subwoofer, i think the sub and amp are irrelevant
though, because i was having this problem before i added them. As for
the rear speakers, i dont know how thy sound because i have to keep
the fade level so far to the front hardly any sound is coming out of
them. Could this problem mean i need more power going to the speakers
themselves? someone suggested buying a 4 channel amp just for the
speakers, would this solve anything? oh my car is 1990 mazda 323.
thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"allamerreject145" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry about the confusion, along with the sub, i added a 800w mono
pioneer amp for the subwoofer, i think the sub and amp are irrelevant
though, because i was having this problem before i added them. As for
the rear speakers, i dont know how thy sound because i have to keep
the fade level so far to the front hardly any sound is coming out of
them. Could this problem mean i need more power going to the speakers
themselves? someone suggested buying a 4 channel amp just for the
speakers, would this solve anything? oh my car is 1990 mazda 323.
thanks.

The problem may be the rear speaker or the speaker wires to the rear
speakers may be grounding out.
Try disconnecting the rear speakers at the speakers and see how it sounds.
You can start by just unplugging them right from the speakers in the rear.
If that doesn't help, try disconnecting them from the radio.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull Mister.Lull is offline

On Jun 20, 9:51 am, allamerreject145
wrote:
Sorry about the confusion, along with the sub, i added a 800w mono
pioneer amp for the subwoofer, i think the sub and amp are irrelevant
though, because i was having this problem before i added them. As for
the rear speakers, i dont know how thy sound because i have to keep
the fade level so far to the front hardly any sound is coming out of
them. Could this problem mean i need more power going to the speakers
themselves? someone suggested buying a 4 channel amp just for the
speakers, would this solve anything? oh my car is 1990 mazda 323.
thanks.

Is it possible that you wired the speakers incorrectly? As an example
- if you switched the grounds for the front and rear speakers, but the
positive wire was done correctly, then that could make sense out of
your symptoms...

Just a guess.

~Mister.Lull