Posted to rec.audio.tech
Andre Majorel Andre Majorel is offline

Default Sony TA F-190 phono input capacitance ?

A question from someone who is not Usenet-savvy :

"Does anybody have schematics for the Sony TA F-190 Amplifier?
Or anyone with a *similar* Sony amplifier ?! I only need to know
what capacitance it has across its phono input."

Thanks in advance.

--
André Majorel URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/
(Counterfeit: )
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Earl Kiosterud Earl Kiosterud is offline

"Andre Majorel" wrote in message
A question from someone who is not Usenet-savvy :

"Does anybody have schematics for the Sony TA F-190 Amplifier?
Or anyone with a *similar* Sony amplifier ?! I only need to know
what capacitance it has across its phono input."

Thanks in advance.

--
André Majorel URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/
(Counterfeit: )
There is always someone somewhere who needs a good laugh.

Andre,

It's been a while since I've messed with phono cartridges and stuff, but I think most of the
capacitance is in the shielded cable, not the preamp input. It may well be that the preamp
has none to speak of. If you have a preamp, you can measure the capacitance with one of
many DVMs which measure capacitance. In any event, you'll want to consider the capacitance
of the cable you use to connect the cartridge to the preamp.
--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com