Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls

Default Whats with Alpine ditching the time correction?

Ummmm. Twisted pair don't do **** unless you drive it with a balanced drive
unit and it is also received by a device with differential inputs....

Chad

"MOSFET" wrote in message
Richard Clark a god, LOL ... That's a good one, hahah. And what did he
pioneer ? Or more to the point, what did he say he pioneered ?

-RG

How about horn loaded drivers to start. He may not have invented the
idea, but his Buick single-handedly ushered in an entirely new class of
car audio speaker (the horn-loaded driver). He also helped develop the
first stiffening capacitors used for car audio applications. David Navone
developed the first twisted-pair interconnects for car audio applications.

Is this enough for you? I COULD go on and on.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls

"MOSFET" wrote in message

"RG" wrote in message
You don't really believe this ... do you, LOL ????

Yes, please go on and on as this is hilarious.

-RG

I'm sure your accomplishments FAR outweigh theirs. Their success must all
be a complete fluke, right? Do I detect a little jealousy?

I actually know David Navone (well, I've spoken to him on the phone
several times) and he is a REALLY bright guy, and a hell of a nice guy too
(he'll talk your ear off if you let him!). So slam him all you like, he
will be laughing all the way to the bank.

MOSFET

Yes, he is a nice fellow, Met him in person a few times. A very kind man
that knows his ****, hard to come by these days

Chad

Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls

"Captain Howdy" wrote in message

What's different about the technology of twisted-pair interconnects of car
audio vs. the technology of twisted-pair cabling that was invented in the
1880's for wiring up the early telephone systems?

That telco twisted uses balanced topology and most cars don't so they just
"look cool" in cars

But I do see where you're going with this, I invented blue led's in cell
phones, My phone had blue led's 2 good year years before any manufacture
used
them in their phones. That was back in the day of the Nokia's 5160. I have
also used blue power led's in my amplifiers long before alpine. Should I
go on
about my ultra violet led lighting in the car?

I was using Blue LED's in stuff back in '96, when the Nokia 5160 was
someone's wet dream.

Dude NUV LED's are the ****, just got to play with some.... You got pics?

Chad

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
Richard Clark a god, LOL ... That's a good one, hahah. And what did he
pioneer ? Or more to the point, what did he say he pioneered ?

-RG

How about horn loaded drivers to start. He may not have invented the
idea,
but his Buick single-handedly ushered in an entirely new class of car
audio
speaker (the horn-loaded driver). He also helped develop the first
stiffening capacitors used for car audio applications. David Navone
developed the first twisted-pair interconnects for car audio applications.

Is this enough for you? I COULD go on and on.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
RG

I don't have a "beef" with either of them. But from an observational
perspective, RC's self-annointed importance is amusing at best ( FWIW, I
never even mentioned Navone). As far as the examples (of proof) you provided
.... twisted pair in car audio is bogus, and RC was nowhere near the first to
use stiffening caps, contrary to what he claims. I'm surprised that he
doesn't lay claim to "inventing" subwoofers, too. If you want to "deify" him
that is your perogative I guess. But I prefer to think for myself. Truth is
an elusive thing and easy to distort to the unwary and gullible.

-RG

"MOSFET" wrote in message
m...
RG, I have absolutely no idea what your beef with these two guys are, but
frankly, it seems like it's personal or something.

Clark and Navone were instrumental in helping develop the rules and
standards for IASCA, which in turn influenced COUNTLESS car audio
manufacturers. I have spoken to COUNTLESS competitors who were influenced
by their ideas.

I have already provided examples of their contributions and all you can
say is " you're wrong, you must be joking, what a laugh " WITH NO PROOF OF
YOUR OWN! Who the hell are you that I should accept what you say without
any evidence, yet I need to provide extensive documentation and evidence
because you say "you must be joking"? You have a hell of an ego, mister!

MOSFET

"RG" wrote in message
... you're not serious are you ? ... say it ain't so.

-RG

"MOSFET" wrote in message
m...
I don't know how old you are Howdy, or you RG, but one thing both of you
CANNOT dispute (if you are at least around 40 years old) is that Richard
Clark and David Navone were instrumental in bring car audio out of the
"dark ages" of the eighties (EQ boosters, full-range subwoofer boxes,
etc.) and helped bring about a the "car audio renaissance" of the early
nineties where SQ became the driving force in the industry (as was the
creation of IASCA).

Regardless of what they did or did not actually "invent" themselves,
their promotion of high-end autosound completely changed the industry.
THAT IS UNDISPUTABLE!

Trust me, without those two men, the industry WOULD look very different
today, IMHO.

MOSFET

"Captain Howdy" wrote in message
No insult taken, I don't need DSP unit's to get my sound stage right,
in fact
I don't even need an EQ. Richard Clark is a pioneer of nothing, and a
noob of
all. The funny thing about Richard Clark was that everytime he opened
his
mouth there was always someone there to prove him dumb.

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
Howdy, this is TRULY not meant as an insult, but instead of trying to
create
the wheel here and start at square one, I would invite you to check out
the
writings of Richard Clark and David Navone (both acoustic and
electrical
engineers), two pioneers (might I say gods) in the area of hi-fi in the
car.
They have written EXTENSIVELY on the benefits of DSP, time correction,
rear-fill and how it should be used, and many other aspects of high-end
car
audio. Now, if you have no idea who these guys are and could care
less, OR
think you know more than they do then I guess we have little more to
discuss.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car

MOSFET wrote:
I just checked the Alpine website and Crutchfield and you're right. What a
SHAME!

Looks like I bought my 9853 at the right time! Bass Engine Pro is soon to
be a thing of the past!

I'm afraid we are seeing in action what those snobby Audiophile have been
moaning about for years: as a society, consumers are moving away from SQ in
favor of convience, compatability and multi-formats. You'll notice that
some of those new decks have Bluetooth compatibility, USB connections, etc.

Now it appears the name of the game is to squeeze as many formats as
possible into a HU, never mind the sound quality.

MOSFET

I'm just bitter. I have a company car and don't want to use kick
panels. The time correction on the Alpines and Pioneer(I like Alpines
better) really helped the imaging with the Ford speaker locations.