Spoons

Default Recurring problem - no sound from factory CD player in 2002 Chevy Venture

Was wondering if someone out there could suggest a path of correction
for a problem we're having with our 2002 Chevy Venture (still under
warranty).

At around 13,000 miles, one day the CD player / radio just stopped
working, with no warning or indication of problems. The display still
works, CD's still eject, tracks switch, radio station presets are
fine, the whole nine yards, but no sound. Not sure what else to do, I
pulled the mini-fuse on it in the engine fuseblock, put a new one in,
and it worked. Problem solved, other than I started to notice that
the faceplate was getting really hot after normal use.

A month goes by, and the problem happens again. Again, no warning;
just one day the thing stops making sound. Brought it into the
dealer, who replaced the radio with a new one and blamed a faulty
built-in amp. All works fine. Problem solved.

A week later, the dealer calls...they put in the wrong radio. It
looks the same, they say, but it's a different model. Bring the van
in, and they swap units. All works fine. Annoyed, but problem
solved.

Now, with 16,000 miles and two months later, the damn thing just died
again. Worked fine in the morning, came home, turned the car off,
started it up an hour later, and now no sound at all....same exact
symptoms as before.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
- John