Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Swing Girls

OY, I just bought a bad recording.

This little video about a Japanese movie called Swing Girls has been going
viral

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...rQeY&vq=medium

and I really liked the music I heard, so I decided to go to Amazon and see
what they had on it. There was a Blu Ray of the movie for $98.00, a DVD for
$16.00, and a CD for $42.00. I sprung for the CD.

OMG what a cacaphony of close-miked, compressed hell. I should have known
better, because I have owned some Japanese recordings that did the same
thing. I think they believe that the closer up the sound and more in your
face, the more real it will be. It sounded like about 30 musicians crowded
into my listening room and playing as loud as possible.

This was Swing Girls Live, which is different music from the DVD, which is
called just Swing Girls. Haven't watched the DVD yet.

Gary Eickmeier

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Gary Eickmeier wrote:
[...]

This link is brought to you by Verizon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7c2c8GLATM

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Les Cargill" wrote in message

This link is brought to you by Verizon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7c2c8GLATM

--
Les Cargill

What is this? You bought a bad recording too?

Gary Eickmeier