Salsaevery

Default Sonar 60 cycle hum problem

Hey....

Anyone know where I could get ahold of a good plugin (for Sonar) that
eliminates the 60 cycle hum in my recordings? I'm recording interviews from
my phone into a VS880 and then doing my edits in Sonar.... Any advice on how
to get rid of the hum BEFORE it actually gets recorded?

Also need a good compressor/limiter.

Free preferably....

Thanks for your help.

Rob

FREE Reason 2.5 video tutorial:
www.reason25.com

Tomi Holger Engdahl

"Salsaevery" writes:

Hey....

Anyone know where I could get ahold of a good plugin (for Sonar) that
eliminates the 60 cycle hum in my recordings? I'm recording interviews from
my phone into a VS880 and then doing my edits in Sonar.... Any advice on how
to get rid of the hum BEFORE it actually gets recorded?

From what kind of phone do you record the signal from ?
- are you referring to a PSTN phoneline, ISDN phone or cellular phone

How have you connected the phone to your system ?

Could you please give more details.
Post the details to this newsgroup rec.audio.tech

One tip:
One way to do 60 Hz cycle hum killing is to try to use sharp
high pass filter. Anywhay there should not be anything below
aorund 300 Hz in normal telephone conversation (limited
by telephone system transmission and central office equipment design).

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then/)
http://www.epanorama.net/

Sonar Export Audio - Dynamics Lost? Mihailo Antovic Pro Audio 13 October 28th 03 12:07 PM
What is my problem/ Bad speaker maybe? Wmaharrisjr Car Audio 4 September 22nd 03 04:04 PM
MP3 to CD-R problem G Ford Pro Audio 7 August 30th 03 09:20 PM
Samplitude V6.0 graphic problem cvsound Pro Audio 0 August 14th 03 01:45 PM
Technics SL1210 M3D turntable problem... Strutter General 1 July 13th 03 08:55 PM