Recording In Progress

Old March 3rd 21, 06:17 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
James Price[_6_]

Default Recording In Progress

Anybody check out this documentary on Amazon? It's free with Prime. A lot of it looks at how recording studios are surviving in the era of home studios.
Old March 3rd 21, 06:37 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce[_3_]

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:17:45 -0800 (PST), James Price
> wrote:

>Anybody check out this documentary on Amazon? It's free with Prime. A lot of it looks at how recording studios are surviving in the era of home studios.

are you sure of the title? I can't find it

Old March 3rd 21, 06:41 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
John Williamson

On 03/03/2021 18:37, Don Pearce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:17:45 -0800 (PST), James Price
> > wrote:
>
>> Anybody check out this documentary on Amazon? It's free with Prime. A lot of it looks at how recording studios are surviving in the era of home studios.

> are you sure of the title? I can't find it

https://www.amazon.com/Recording-Pro.../dp/B08935T48W

Works in the UK.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old March 3rd 21, 07:34 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
James Price[_6_]

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 12:37:15 PM UTC-6, Don Pearce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:17:45 -0800 (PST), James Price
> > wrote:
>
> >Anybody check out this documentary on Amazon? It's free with Prime.
> >A lot of it looks at how recording studios are surviving in the era of home
> >studios.
> >
> >are you sure of the title? I can't find it

John's link should take you there.
Old March 3rd 21, 08:10 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce[_3_]

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 18:41:39 +0000, John Williamson
> wrote:

>On 03/03/2021 18:37, Don Pearce wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:17:45 -0800 (PST), James Price
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Anybody check out this documentary on Amazon? It's free with Prime. A lot of it looks at how recording studios are surviving in the era of home studios.

>> are you sure of the title? I can't find it
>>

>https://www.amazon.com/Recording-Pro.../dp/B08935T48W
>
>Works in the UK.

I get a warning about availability outside the USA. And it isn't free
- minimum rental is $4.99, purchase $12.99

Old March 3rd 21, 09:11 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
John Williamson

On 03/03/2021 20:10, Don Pearce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 18:41:39 +0000, John Williamson
> > wrote:
>
>> On 03/03/2021 18:37, Don Pearce wrote:
>>> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:17:45 -0800 (PST), James Price

>>> are you sure of the title? I can't find it
>>>

>> https://www.amazon.com/Recording-Pro.../dp/B08935T48W
>>
>> Works in the UK.

> I get a warning about availability outside the USA. And it isn't free
> - minimum rental is $4.99, purchase $12.99

I know it's not free, but I managed to view the trailer with no problems
or warnings popping up. However, I am not a Prime subscriber.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old March 3rd 21, 09:24 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Neil[_9_]

On 3/3/2021 3:10 PM, Don Pearce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 18:41:39 +0000, John Williamson
> > wrote:
>
>> On 03/03/2021 18:37, Don Pearce wrote:
>>> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:17:45 -0800 (PST), James Price

>>> are you sure of the title? I can't find it
>>>

>> https://www.amazon.com/Recording-Pro.../dp/B08935T48W
>>
>> Works in the UK.

> I get a warning about availability outside the USA. And it isn't free
> - minimum rental is $4.99, purchase $12.99

The link worked for me. It's free to view if you're a Prime member,
otherwise with rental and purchase options.

--
best regards,

Neil
Old March 3rd 21, 10:20 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers[_2_]

On 3/3/2021 2:34 PM, James Price wrote:

> John's link should take you there.

It does, but as several people have said, it's only free for Amazon
Prime members (and it offers you a free 30 day Prime subscription).

Maybe someone who has watched and absorbed the program could summarize
it here, and then we'd have something to talk about.

What are the major points?
What are the pros and cons?
Why should we believe that whoever created the program know what he's
talking about?

Old March 3rd 21, 10:27 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
James Price[_6_]

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 4:20:36 PM UTC-6, Mike Rivers wrote:
> On 3/3/2021 2:34 PM, James Price wrote:
>
> > John's link should take you there.

> It does, but as several people have said, it's only free for Amazon
> Prime members (and it offers you a free 30 day Prime subscription).

I noted that it's free with Prime in my initial post.
Old March 4th 21, 04:09 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 4/03/2021 11:20 am, Mike Rivers wrote:
> On 3/3/2021 2:34 PM, James Price wrote:
>
>> John's link should take you there.

> It does, but as several people have said, it's only free for Amazon
> Prime members (and it offers you a free 30 day Prime subscription).
>
> Maybe someone who has watched and absorbed the program could summarize
> it here, and then we'd have something to talk about.
>
> What are the major points?
> What are the pros and cons?
> Why should we believe that whoever created the program know what he's
> talking about?

Take a look at the (free) trailer and decide from there.