Tony Kuzub

Default Spring Reverb

I removed a Spring reverb from an old Peavey "console" and wanted to know
what I can do to make it work as an outboard effect. It's very much like a
guitar spring reverb. I know this isn't a good verb, but I just want
something to play with.

The verb is an "Accutronics". It has an RCA in and an RCA out. It has 2
small transformers that connect to the springs.

If you don't know what I'm talking about I posted to pictures on my website.
http://www.highvoltagerecording.com/...pringInput.jpg
http://www.highvoltagerecording.com/...ringOutput.jpg

A few years ago I tried plugging it in without any amp and of course I got
nothing. What do I need to make this thing run? A small amplifier? Anyone
have a drawing of something I can build?

Thanks for the help

Tony Kuzub

John L Rice

"Tony Kuzub" wrote in message
I removed a Spring reverb from an old Peavey "console" and wanted to know
what I can do to make it work as an outboard effect. It's very much like

guitar spring reverb. I know this isn't a good verb, but I just want
something to play with.

The verb is an "Accutronics". It has an RCA in and an RCA out. It has 2
small transformers that connect to the springs.

If you don't know what I'm talking about I posted to pictures on my

website.
http://www.highvoltagerecording.com/...pringInput.jpg
http://www.highvoltagerecording.com/...ringOutput.jpg

A few years ago I tried plugging it in without any amp and of course I got
nothing. What do I need to make this thing run? A small amplifier?

Anyone
have a drawing of something I can build?

Thanks for the help

Tony Kuzub

Here's a few places to get you started. Do a Google search for more info.

http://www.paia.com/hotspuse.htm

http://machines.hyperreal.org/catego....spring-reverb

http://www.montagar.com/~patj/screverb.gif

Best of luck!

John L Rice

S O'Neill

I have an old Accutronics catalog somewhere.

There's a number printed on the unit. What is it?

It should start with "4" or "1", most likely. The photo looks like a
"4" series.

The part number actually specifies all the parameters you need to know
(delay, in- and output impedances, etc), and the catalog contains the
code. Knowing Peavey, it's probably driven with an op-amp, which was
one of the worst-sounding because the op-amp drive, while cheap, was
prone to LOTS of distortion.

Those "transformers" are transducers that rotate the springs and receive
the bounced rotation.

Tony Kuzub wrote:

I removed a Spring reverb from an old Peavey "console" and wanted to know
what I can do to make it work as an outboard effect. It's very much like a
guitar spring reverb. I know this isn't a good verb, but I just want
something to play with.

The verb is an "Accutronics". It has an RCA in and an RCA out. It has 2
small transformers that connect to the springs.

If you don't know what I'm talking about I posted to pictures on my website.
http://www.highvoltagerecording.com/...pringInput.jpg
http://www.highvoltagerecording.com/...ringOutput.jpg

A few years ago I tried plugging it in without any amp and of course I got
nothing. What do I need to make this thing run? A small amplifier? Anyone
have a drawing of something I can build?

Thanks for the help

Tony Kuzub

John L Rice

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Tony Kuzub wrote:
I removed a Spring reverb from an old Peavey "console" and wanted to know
what I can do to make it work as an outboard effect. It's very much

like a
guitar spring reverb. I know this isn't a good verb, but I just want
something to play with.

The verb is an "Accutronics". It has an RCA in and an RCA out. It has 2
small transformers that connect to the springs.

If you call Accutronics, they will send you the data sheet on it and some
sample circuits for the things. You need to know what impedances it has
so you know how to drive it. The model number can be looked up to find

that
information.

I do not have their phone number offhand because the machine my phone
directory is on is down due to the storm. But they have an 800 number
and I know Antique Electronics Supply carries their line.

Good idea Scott, I should of suggested their site in the first place. The
schematics are on line too :

185 Detroit Street
Cary, IL 60013 USA
voice: ( 800 ) 284 - 5172
FAX: ( 847 ) 639 - 4723
eMail:
http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/

John L Rice

Tony Kuzub

it is a 4EB2C1B

S O'Neill

I thought they were no more, but a later post

John L Rice wrote:
Good idea Scott, I should of suggested their site in the first place. The
schematics are on line too :

185 Detroit Street
Cary, IL 60013 USA
voice: ( 800 ) 284 - 5172
FAX: ( 847 ) 639 - 4723
eMail:
http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/

leads to this:

http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/prodspec.htm

And it says this:

DIGIT #1 - REVERB TYPE (4 is the long-frame unit used in Fender amps; I think
it's the original model.)

DIGIT #2 - INPUT IMPEDANCE E = 600 Ohm

DIGIT #3 - OUTPUT IMPEDANCE B = 2250 Ohm

DIGIT #4 - DECAY TIME 2 = Medium (1.75 to 3.0 sec)

DIGIT #5 - CONNECTORS C = Input Insulated / Output Grounded

DIGIT #6 - LOCKING DEVICES 1 = No Lock

DIGIT #7 - MOUNTING PLANE B = Horizontal Open Side Down

Tony Kuzub wrote:
it is a 4EB2C1B

John Dough

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:49:06 -0600, "Tony Kuzub"
wrote:

I removed a Spring reverb from an old Peavey "console" and wanted to know
what I can do to make it work as an outboard effect. It's very much like a
guitar spring reverb. I know this isn't a good verb, but I just want
something to play with.

The verb is an "Accutronics". It has an RCA in and an RCA out. It has 2
small transformers that connect to the springs.

If you don't know what I'm talking about I posted to pictures on my website.
http://www.highvoltagerecording.com/...pringInput.jpg
http://www.highvoltagerecording.com/...ringOutput.jpg

A few years ago I tried plugging it in without any amp and of course I got
nothing. What do I need to make this thing run? A small amplifier? Anyone
have a drawing of something I can build?

Thanks for the help

Tony Kuzub

Elliott Sound Products - Project 34 - Spring Reverb Unit For Guitar:
http://sound.westhost.com/project34.htm

Reverb Amp or Processor Chelvam High End Audio 2 April 18th 04 07:49 PM
REVERB for DRUMS ? Tommi Pro Audio 1 September 16th 03 06:43 AM
WANTED: Master-Room Spring Reverb ThePaulThomas Pro Audio 1 August 4th 03 11:22 PM
Master Room XL-305 Spring Reverb JamesBRey Pro Audio 36 July 12th 03 01:28 PM
opinions on SIR reverb? johnnyB Pro Audio 3 July 8th 03 08:16 PM