Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mark Reddick

Default Headphones Wanted.

Here ya go:
http://www.dolby.com/dolbyheadphone/

Pioneer makes a set of headphones that use this technology but they are only
available in Japan right now.

http://www.pioneer.co.jp/topec/produ.../dolby_01.html

- Mark

"Stijn Kraft" wrote in message
i.nl...
Dolby Headphones do exist. I don't think you mean Dolby NR (Noise
Reduction), but Dolby Surround (the system that gives you the idea you're

in
the middle of the action while watching a movie, for instance). Sennheiser
made a system called "Lucas". I don't believe it's too expensive and,
altough I never heard it, it promises to give you the same feeling a
surround set does. Don't know where you can find it, but maybe you'll find
something about this system. Remember: Sennheiser Lucas.

Stijn Kraft
(netherlands)
"Patrick D. Rockwell" schreef in bericht
. com...
Awhile back, I bought some headphones from RadioShack which had an

on/off
switch on them. After awhile, they got old and I through them
out. Today when I called RadioShack, I asked if they had any like those,

and
they said no.

The reason that I ask is because I have some plugged into my laptop

right
now, and when they are plugged in, they work but the laptop
speakers turn off. To re-activate the laptop speakers, I must unplug the
headphones. I was wondering if there were still any which had an
on/off switch on them so that I could leave them plugged into my laptop

ALL
the time, and when I want to hear my laptop speakers, I can
just throw the swithch instead of unplugging the headphones. If not, is
there an adaptor?

I guess the common question is "Why not just unplug the speakers?".

Well,
this is just the way I want to do it. :-) Thanks in advance for any
information that you can give me.

BTW, are there any such thing as Dolby Headphones? The guy at RadioShack
never heard of them. :-)

--
Patrick D. Rockwell