Posted to rec.audio.car
Troy T. Troy T. is offline

Default Speakers?

Hello again,

I am looking now to replace the door speakers in my truck. I already
have one pair of speakers and i am looking at another pair that has
different power ratings. Does that matter alot? If they are way
different you would probably need two different amps right? As one of
my options I was thinking of just running the new pair that i am
looking to get off an amp the the ones I already have just off the
headunit. Does anyone know if that will work right? Or should i try to
buy new ones with the same power ratings? Also, does anyone know if
component speaker are worth the extra money? If they are what company
makes good component speakers?
Thank you very much!

TroyT.

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

"Troy T." wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello again,

I am looking now to replace the door speakers in my truck. I already
have one pair of speakers

Another pair of speakers in the rear? I'm not clear about what you mean
here.

and i am looking at another pair that has
different power ratings. Does that matter alot?

No, the speaker power ratings do not have to match.

If they are way
different you would probably need two different amps right? As one of
my options I was thinking of just running the new pair that i am
looking to get off an amp the the ones I already have just off the
headunit. Does anyone know if that will work right?

That should work fine. Run the new pair of speakers off an amplifier and
the existing pair off the HU (head unit). This will probabl;y be your best
option. Or, you could get a four channel amp and run all four speakers from
the amp.

Or should i try to
buy new ones with the same power ratings? Also, does anyone know if
component speaker are worth the extra money?

Component speakers ARE worth the extra money. Component speakers almost
always sound better than coaxial speakers and are usually built with better
quality materials. Because the tweeter is separated from the woofer, you
have greater placement options which means you can place the tweeter and aim
it for maximum sound quality which in most cases will lead to a superior
sounding system. However, separates tend to be less efficient (need more
power to produce the same dB level) than coaxials, therefore you will most
liekly want to buy an amplifier to drive your separates as even the most
powerful aftermarket HU's tend not to have enough power.

If they are what company
makes good component speakers?

I have been very happy with JL separates of late. The midbass capability of
the JL VR series is, in a word, INCREDIBLE. I would definately take a look
at JL separates. I have also used top-of-the-line Boston Acoustics and MB
Quart, but, IMHO, these are not the speakers they once were. I have heard
very good things about Dynaudio, Morel, Rainbow, Infinity, and Polk (I'm
sure I've forgotten a few good ones). But again, check out JL as you will
be getting Rolex quality at a Timex price (OK, JL is better than Timex, but
a better ananolgy slips my mind).

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Troy T. Troy T. is offline

MOSFET wrote:
"Troy T." wrote in message
[...]

Hi,

Sorry if i was unclear in a couple different areas.I have a single cab
truck so when i said rear speakers I was talking about the speakers
that are behind te bench seat on the wall if that makes sence.
The speakers that i have already are 40 Watts RMS and 80 Watts peak so
their not very powerful. The speakers i was looking at haved a 2-35
Watt RMS and 220 Watts peak.So their very different and i didnt know if
a 4-channel amp would work with the peaks being so different.Do you
know if Pioneer speakers are good. Iv heard their pretty good but i
wanted another opinion and you seem to know your stuff.Here are the
speakers im looking at
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Hx83Kqq...0&I=130TSA1671.
So if I were to get components would I need an amp for the tweeters and
the normal midbass speaker.If i do do you know if JL has component
systems that has the midbass, tweeter and the amps. Or do they only
come with the speakers.

Thank you for the help

TroyT.