Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.cars,rec.audio.car
Lars Lars is offline

Default Aux input Toyota Camry 2000 receiver

I have a 2000 Toyota Camery CE with a factory standard CD receiver. I would
like to be able to hook up my MP3 player to it, but it does not have an
aux-input (3.5 mm). I have checked a local car-audio place and they wanted
$250 for this ($150 parts + $100 labor)!

Could someone tell me how to do this myself? Any instructions on the web?
Parts needed?

Thanks,
Lars

Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.cars,rec.audio.car
Troy T. Troy T. is offline

Lars wrote:
I have a 2000 Toyota Camery CE with a factory standard CD receiver. I would
like to be able to hook up my MP3 player to it, but it does not have an
aux-input (3.5 mm). I have checked a local car-audio place and they wanted
$250 for this ($150 parts + $100 labor)!

Could someone tell me how to do this myself? Any instructions on the web?
Parts needed?

Thanks,
Lars

Lars,
If you dont want to spend alot of money on it, the easiest and
cheapest way to do that is to just buy a FM transmitter. Some of them
will work with everything and some dont so just make sure to buy the
correct one.If thats not what your looking for I know Alpine has some
headunits that has an aux-input. Also i know Sony has acouple of
headunits with aux-inputs and they are cheaper then the alpines. A
couple friends of mine have the Sony one and they love them. So it all
depends on how much money you want to spend. Good luck with what ever
you go with!
TroyT.

Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.cars,rec.audio.car
Vivek Vivek is offline

I checked out crutchfield on "2000 Toyota Camry Sedan with pocket below
factory radio"
and there is an adaptor for aux-in for 70 bucks.

"Lars" wrote in message
|I have a 2000 Toyota Camery CE with a factory standard CD receiver. I
would
| like to be able to hook up my MP3 player to it, but it does not have an
| aux-input (3.5 mm). I have checked a local car-audio place and they
wanted
| $250 for this ($150 parts + $100 labor)!
|
| Could someone tell me how to do this myself? Any instructions on the web?
| Parts needed?
|
| Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Thanks,
| Lars

Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.cars,rec.audio.car
Lars Lars is offline

"Troy T." wrote in message
oups.com...
Lars wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, FM transmitters do not work well
where I live (Los Angeles) - the FM band is simply too crowded (you get
other channels bleeding over).

Lars

Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.cars,rec.audio.car
Lars Lars is offline

I just ordered the adapter you mentioned.

Thanks for your help!!