Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] jamesburkett@gmail.com is offline

Default Looking for a recommendation

My stereo system got stolen out of my car so I'm looking to replace
some stuff. I had a cheap AIWA CDC x204 head unit that I really liked,
mainly because it had an aux-in on the front. Well apparently AIWA isnt
making any head units right now so i'm looking for a different brand.
Has anyone heard anything about PYLE (www.pyleaudio.com)? The only
features i really care about are some front pannel input (either AUX or
USB) and a SUB out. Any recommendations?? Thanks!

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

I'm sorry about your stereo being stolen, I truly am. I have had countless
items (mostly stereo gear) stolen from my cars over the last 20 years and it
is a terrible feeling.

But I have a little rule I always follow that helps assuage the loss. I
always replace my stolen gear with better equipment, that way you'll feel
like you are gaining something in the end. I would DEFINITELY invest in a
better HU. I really don't see where an aux-in in front is that important.
As long as the unit has an auxiliary input in the rear, you can connect any
gear you want and do it in a way that will hide the wiring.

MOSFET

wrote in message
ps.com...
My stereo system got stolen out of my car so I'm looking to replace
some stuff. I had a cheap AIWA CDC x204 head unit that I really liked,
mainly because it had an aux-in on the front. Well apparently AIWA isnt
making any head units right now so i'm looking for a different brand.
Has anyone heard anything about PYLE (www.pyleaudio.com)? The only
features i really care about are some front pannel input (either AUX or
USB) and a SUB out. Any recommendations?? Thanks!

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

Hey, How about a car alarm with a proximity sensor? Isn't that a good start to
any stereo system that is worth keeping ? Isn't an alarm worth it's keep even
if it avoids having you deal with the damage that comes with stereo theft?
What makes you think or maybe you didn't even give this any though, maybe who
ever stolen your stereo might be back for a 2nd time when you replace it. You
guys need to take responsibility for your car's lack of security, insted of
upgrading to a better HU for the next thief to steal.

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
I'm sorry about your stereo being stolen, I truly am. I have had countless
items (mostly stereo gear) stolen from my cars over the last 20 years and it
is a terrible feeling.

But I have a little rule I always follow that helps assuage the loss. I
always replace my stolen gear with better equipment, that way you'll feel
like you are gaining something in the end. I would DEFINITELY invest in a
better HU. I really don't see where an aux-in in front is that important.
As long as the unit has an auxiliary input in the rear, you can connect any
gear you want and do it in a way that will hide the wiring.

MOSFET

wrote in message
ups.com...
My stereo system got stolen out of my car so I'm looking to replace
some stuff. I had a cheap AIWA CDC x204 head unit that I really liked,
mainly because it had an aux-in on the front. Well apparently AIWA isnt
making any head units right now so i'm looking for a different brand.
Has anyone heard anything about PYLE (www.pyleaudio.com)? The only
features i really care about are some front pannel input (either AUX or
USB) and a SUB out. Any recommendations?? Thanks!

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

I know you didn't ask, and this is what brings you here looking for another
stereo. The type of alarm you get depends on your needs. I personally avoid
DEI alarms, not because they are bad, but because they are way over priced
compared to other brands with the same options and there isn't anything
special about them to justify the higher price tag.

In article .com, "James"
wrote:
I competely agree... i didn't ask for any suggestions on car alarms
right now, but if anyone knows some decent ones that would be great.
I'm interning this summer in a different city, in not a great part of
town. So i'm not going to install anything until i get back to college.
So yes, I am going to purchas an alarm... do you have any good
recommendations?

wrote:
I'm sorry about your stereo being stolen, I truly am. I have had countless
items (mostly stereo gear) stolen from my cars over the last 20 years and it
is a terrible feeling.

But I have a little rule I always follow that helps assuage the loss. I
always replace my stolen gear with better equipment, that way you'll feel
like you are gaining something in the end. I would DEFINITELY invest in a
better HU. I really don't see where an aux-in in front is that important.
As long as the unit has an auxiliary input in the rear, you can connect any
gear you want and do it in a way that will hide the wiring.

MOSFET

wrote in message
ups.com...
My stereo system got stolen out of my car so I'm looking to replace
some stuff. I had a cheap AIWA CDC x204 head unit that I really liked,
mainly because it had an aux-in on the front. Well apparently AIWA isnt
making any head units right now so i'm looking for a different brand.
Has anyone heard anything about PYLE (www.pyleaudio.com)? The only
features i really care about are some front pannel input (either AUX or
USB) and a SUB out. Any recommendations?? Thanks!

Thnx to the group, Pro Amp vs. Studio vs. Hi-Fi and recommendation vmartell High End Audio 11 March 16th 06 12:32 AM
Guitar amp recommendation Boris Mohar Vacuum Tubes 23 January 5th 05 03:05 PM
Speakers recommendation RJH Car Audio 0 April 6th 04 09:56 AM
Recommendation for SACD player Rich Andrews Audio Opinions 43 July 30th 03 01:10 AM
Recommendation for SACD player Rich Andrews Tech 24 July 24th 03 08:05 AM