Coup Fourre

Default Burn a DVD-Audio DVD?

Forgive me if this has been discussed in the past.

Now that I can obtain a 96kHz/24bit sampling device for my Mac (M-Audio
makes a Firewire input device), I can now record vinyl records at higher
than CD resolution. I'm sure there are some of you that would like to
debate the merits of such a capability, so let's just say that I have
recorded a 96kHz/24bit file on my Mac.

Is there a straight forward way to make a DVD-Audio recording to a DVD-R?

Is there a straight forward way to do it for $500 or less?

Thanks in advance.
Coup Fourre

In article ,
Fran?ois Yves Le Gal wrote:

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 00:23:26 GMT, Coup Fourre
wrote:

Is there a straight forward way to make a DVD-Audio recording to a DVD-R?

Not on the Macintosh, sorry. The only mastering solution has now been
discontinued...

Is there a straight forward way to do it for $500 or less?

On a Windows-based system, yes.

Could you be more specific about the windows solution? I would be
willing to buy a new computer if it would give me this capability.

Arny Krueger

François Yves Le Gal wrote:
On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 04:08:57 GMT, Coup Fourre

You may also add some editing stuff in order to fine tune your tracks.
Acoustica for instance allows you to declick and denoise LP-sourced
tracks, something very useful with some pressings, and the ubiquitous
CoolEdit - now called Adobe Audition - takes care of the rest.

It seems odd to implicitly claim that Audition can't be used to denoise and
declick LP-sourced tracks.

Arny Krueger

François Yves Le Gal wrote:
On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:00:07 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

It seems odd to implicitly claim that Audition can't be used to
denoise and declick LP-sourced tracks.

Of course Audition can suitably declick and denoise, but the process
is much more complex than in Acoustica.

I think its a classic power/flexibility/simplicity trade-off. There are
enough basic variations in the requirements that you can't have all three.

Furthermore, an Acoustica license costs only around USD 30.00... So
why bother ?

I agree that if all you want to do is declick, the ca. $300 tariff for
Audition is unecessary.

OTOH, Audition is an excellent tool for more complex applications,
even if I do still use an aging version of CoolEdit 2000 for a number
of tasks.

Just seeking a clarification of this point.

Thanks.

Arny Krueger

François Yves Le Gal wrote:
On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:26:13 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

I agree that if all you want to do is declick, the ca. $300 tariff
for Audition is unnecessary.

Acoustica does much more than declick.

Looks like http://www.aconas.com/

A lot would depend on the technical quality of the implementation of the
various effects and format changes.

Len Moskowitz

François Yves Le Gal wrote:

Could you be more specific about the windows solution?

The best entry-level solution is based around Minnetonka Audio discWelder
Bronze (USD 90.00 street price). It allows to master all types of two
channel LPCM tracks/volumes up to 24-bit/192 KHz and up to 24-bit/48 KHz
multichannel tracks/volumes.

Steinberg's Wavelab 5.0 will have DVD-A burner support.

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912