Posted to rec.audio.car
Plasmah Plasmah is offline

Default Pyramid Amps

Hi all...

Just wanted to add my 2cents on the Pyramid Amp posts.

I have to diagree with most of you here that say Pyramid amps SUCK =)

I Have a 1997 Ford Escort Lx that had a Kenwood Head unit and Ford
stock speakers and it sounded pretty good. But I wanted better bass and
louder volume.

Well let me tell you...

I went out and bought a pair of Sony X-plode 5x7 4 way speakers Model#
XS-V5742A from circuitcity and I got a Pyramid 2 channel 55 RMSx2 amp
Model# PB78IX from a flea market.

After I installed the speakers and amp I was blown away! That ****
sounds GREAT!

For anyone who wants to upgrade thier car audio on the cheap get this:

Sony X-plode 5x7 4 way speakers Model# XS-V5742A $60.00
Pyramid 2 channel 55 RMSx2 amp Model# PB78IX $65.00 For $125.00
you can't go wrong!

Posted to rec.audio.car
winkenstein winkenstein is offline

You must be related to BOB!?
are you his Brother,?
Cousin?
Father?

no.
wait,
you must be his Lover!

that's it.

cause i seem to remember him bragging about sucking on some Kak,
several months back.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F Tony F is offline

There are several members of this fine newsgroup that totally agree that
inexpensive amps (Pyramid) can provide decent sound. Inversely, there are
others that believe that only the finest brands available can provide
adequate sound. I tend to be somewhere in the middle of this opinion
disparity. I think we can all agree that Pyramid exaggerates their ratings
and most likely don't make the best quality equipment in terms of durability
or features, but I think that if you keep your expectations where they
should be when buying inexpensive equipment, they do deliver on the
goods...as your experience clearly illustrates. Glad you like your setup!

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

2006 Mustang GT Coupe
Alpine IVA-D310 DVD Head Unit, Alpine MRA-550 Digital 5.1 Amp, Boston
Acoustics Z-Series Speakers, Alpine SBS-05DC Center Channel Speaker,
Amplified MTX Thunderform Sub

Posted to rec.audio.car
winkenstein winkenstein is offline

Excellent Reply Tony F.
very well articulated!

and yes,
i do agree with you,

if it sounds good to you,
that is all that matters.
cause you don't have to prove anything to anyone else.
just so long as your happy.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

I bet that those 5x7's 4 way speakers are just pounding out bass.

In article . com, "Plasmah"
wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

winkenstein wrote:
You must be related to BOB!?

I was thinking the same thing...

are you his Brother,?
Cousin?
Father?

no.
wait,
you must be his Lover!

All of the above?

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

winkie, if your advice to any1 is to buy a pyramid amp.lol
that says it all....
n you great experts of car audio say boss is crap..lol
boss is on the cutting edge of car electronics.
thier amps are masterpieces of modern electronic engineering.....
backed by a 6yr. warrenty too!