Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Is Centered Vocals Important?

On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 2:27:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
gareth magennis wrote:
"

"JackA" wrote in message

Let me teach you something, Jack.

The human ear/brain system is most sensitive to frequencies around 3KHz. It
is completely non linear, it's frequency response also alters hugely
according to the SPL of the incoming audio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletch...3Munson_curves

See that dip around 3K? We don't need that boosted, we hear that better
than anything, in fact it is a REALLY ANNOYING part of the spectral
frequency.
It just sounds "NASTY". I can't put it any better than that, but if you
wanted to make a really nasty annoying noise, you would include a lot of
frequencies around 3KHz.

What you are doing is actually BOOSTING your frequencies around this REALLY
NASTY frequency, so all your mixes sound acutely annoying.

I suspect this is because you have some auditory impediment that reduces
your perception of such frequencies.
Or you just can't be bothered to A/B your mixes with commercial ones.

On the other hand, it is just as likely you know full well what you are
doing, and are simply a Troll, trying to wind us up.

Gareth. "

I can see where the loudness contour might
confuse some folks. They probably think that
the lowest parts of that graph represent our
hearing's least sensitivity - exactly the opposite
of what that graph communicates. Is JackA
also rolling off the bottom, corresponding to the
steady and steep rise in that end of the graph?
smh...

This was missing bass,(no 3kHz needed) so I added some...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...agicmoment.mp3

People here think CD audio is the greatest thing since sliced bread and nothing at all should be changed. Everyone is happy as a lark with audio CDs, yet, before he passed, Doug Sax mentioned, man will eventually get the hang of CD mastering. And that's why people switched back to vinyl, since you can't beat the sound of CDs.

Jack

Not all business leaders are as self-centered as 2pid is Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! Audio Opinions 0 September 10th 08 08:27 AM
The important thing about travel in foreign lands is that it breaksthe speech habits and makes you blab less, and breaks the habitualspace-feeling because of different village plans and different landscapes. Itis less important that there are differe [email protected] Pro Audio 0 March 4th 08 12:48 PM
see most important RANI Pro Audio 0 November 27th 07 11:54 AM
very important for your life taroook Tech 0 September 29th 07 11:47 AM
Which is more important? avidlistener Audio Opinions 46 January 2nd 07 02:07 AM