Posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler PStamler is offline

Default Good source for jewel boxes?

Hi folks:

Anyone here know an affordable and reliable source (preferably online) for CD jewel boxes? Bags Unlimited is way too expensive.

Peace,
Paul
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 6:44:36 PM UTC-4, PStamler wrote:
Hi folks:

Anyone here know an affordable and reliable source (preferably online) for CD jewel boxes? Bags Unlimited is way too expensive.

Peace,
Paul

http://www.checkoutstore.com/SLIM-Bl...blksjwcase.htm

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler PStamler is offline

I'm not looking for the Slimline cases, but the full-size.

Peace,
Paul
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 12/08/2016 11:37 a.m., PStamler wrote:
I'm not looking for the Slimline cases, but the full-size.

Peace,
Paul

In the USA maybe http://www.discmakers.com would be a good place to start ?

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 12/08/2016 11:59 a.m., geoff wrote:
On 12/08/2016 11:37 a.m., PStamler wrote:
I'm not looking for the Slimline cases, but the full-size.

Peace,
Paul

In the USA maybe http://www.discmakers.com would be a good place to
start ?

geoff

More specifically:

https://www.discmakers.com/shop/item...mgroup=CDCASES

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
david gourley[_2_] david gourley[_2_] is offline

PStamler said...news:5e376c9d-617b-4703-a5f8-
:

Hi folks:

Anyone here know an affordable and reliable source (preferably online) for

CD jewel boxes? Bags Unlimited is way too expensive.

Peace,
Paul

I've had good service from
http://www.supermediastore.com/ for discs and
sleeves, but haven't seen their jewel case prices of late.

david
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 8/11/2016 6:44 PM, PStamler wrote:

Anyone here know an affordable and reliable source (preferably
online) for CD jewel boxes? Bags Unlimited is way too expensive.

I don't know if this still works, or if you need new cases, but a few
years back when everyone was digitizing their CDs, I was seeing jewel
cases for free on our local FreeCycle board. I always thought it was a
good idea to pick them up when available, and now I have way too many.

For new, Media Supply has standard jewel cases at what seems like a
decent price, $72 for 200, free shipping
http://www.mediasupply.com/skc39902-200.html

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

PStamler writes:

Hi folks:

Anyone here know an affordable and reliable source (preferably online) for CD jewel
boxes? Bags Unlimited is way too expensive.

www.supermediastore.com

10.4 mm jewel cases, 100 cases for 35.00. Make sure you ask them to pack carefully.

Lots of other case options for CDs and DVDs, along with media and other knick
knacks.

Frank
Mobile Audio

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

PStamler wrote:

Anyone here know an affordable and reliable source (preferably online) for CD jewel boxes? Bags Unlimited is way too expensive.

Do you want nice ones or crappy ones?

Tape Warehouse is now at http://supplies.sonacart.com and they have them for
$0.17 each.

However, I don't know ANYBODY still making heavy gauge ones like the old
MoFi ones. Rubberdisc.com has some for around $0.50 that are better than most.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 6:44:36 PM UTC-4, PStamler wrote:
Hi folks:

Anyone here know an affordable and reliable source (preferably online) for CD jewel boxes? Bags Unlimited is way too expensive.

Peace,
Paul

Used to buy lots of boxes and LP protective sleeves, inner and outer, from Bags Unlimited!!

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 8/12/2016 8:26 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Tape Warehouse is now at http://supplies.sonacart.com and they have them for
$0.17 each.

I didn't suggest that one, because on closer look, it appears to be just
the front and back without the insert that holds the disk in place. It
might be a good way for storing a CD that's in an envelope on the shelf.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Kuschel Richard Kuschel is offline

On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 7:14:00 AM UTC-6, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 8/12/2016 8:26 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Tape Warehouse is now at http://supplies.sonacart.com and they have them for
$0.17 each.

I didn't suggest that one, because on closer look, it appears to be just
the front and back without the insert that holds the disk in place. It
might be a good way for storing a CD that's in an envelope on the shelf.

That is how jewel boxes are sold for high capacity use. The trays are sold separately which means that one does not to disassemble the jewel case before reassembling it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 8/12/2016 12:04 PM, Richard Kuschel wrote:
That is how jewel boxes are sold for high capacity use. The trays are
sold separately which means that one does not have to disassemble the
jewel case before reassembling it.

That makes some sense, but I didn't see the sold-separately trays on
that web site. Or maybe I was looking at a different web site. Taking
another look, I see (assuming "standard" means "not slim")the DIY kit:

http://supplies.sonacart.com/node/10 for the clear case $0.19 1-399
http://supplies.sonacart.com/node/11 for a black tray $0.09 any qty
or
http://supplies.sonacart.com/node/123 for a clear tray $0.10 any qty

Know what "LE BLACK CDJ-TRAY.S/O" means? Buyer better ask what fits what.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

In article , Mike Rivers wrote:
On 8/12/2016 8:26 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Tape Warehouse is now at http://supplies.sonacart.com and they have them for
$0.17 each.

I didn't suggest that one, because on closer look, it appears to be just
the front and back without the insert that holds the disk in place. It
might be a good way for storing a CD that's in an envelope on the shelf.

You can buy those too, with the insert seperate. If you are doing bulk
assembly you want to buy them that way so that you can drop the cards in
and assemble quickly without having to take them apart first.

I like the Tape Warehouse guys, even if Lou is not running the place any
longer.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 13/08/2016 1:14 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 8/12/2016 8:26 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Tape Warehouse is now at http://supplies.sonacart.com and they have
them for
$0.17 each.

I didn't suggest that one, because on closer look, it appears to be just
the front and back without the insert that holds the disk in place. It
might be a good way for storing a CD that's in an envelope on the shelf.

The inserts are often sold separately, in order to give the option of
black or clear.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler PStamler is offline

I wound up ordering 200 jewel boxes from Media Supply. Let's hope they're packed well.

Peace,
Paul
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 1:41:52 PM UTC-5, PStamler wrote:
I wound up ordering 200 jewel boxes from Media Supply. Let's hope they're packed well.

They were. They arrived UPS a few minutes ago; as far as I can tell, zero breakage.

Peace,
Paul
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 3:39:58 PM UTC-4, PStamler wrote:
On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 1:41:52 PM UTC-5, PStamler wrote:
I wound up ordering 200 jewel boxes from Media Supply. Let's hope they're packed well.

They were. They arrived UPS a few minutes ago; as far as I can tell, zero breakage.

A story for the group about Plastic.

I enjoy seeing what I can find at the dollar store, like a recent visit, a battery powered (3) LED light w/ motion detector, $1.00!!

But, my point is about Plastic. I bought some magnetic clips that you can hang on the fridge. I never got to really use them, just hung them on side of fridge.
Maybe a few years passed, and I went to open a clip, by squeezing, the plastic had turned brittle!! I tossed them all out!

I'm sure a lot of cheap plastic is used for CD cases, since I find many with cracks from shipping.

Jack

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 18/08/2016 9:24 a.m., JackA wrote:
A story for the group about Plastic.

I enjoy seeing what I can find at the dollar store, like a recent visit, a battery powered (3) LED light w/ motion detector, $1.00!!

That's nice.

But, my point is about Plastic. I bought some magnetic clips that you can hang on the fridge. I never got to really use them, just hung them on side of fridge.
Maybe a few years passed, and I went to open a clip, by squeezing, the plastic had turned brittle!! I tossed them all out!

I'm sure a lot of cheap plastic is used for CD cases, since I find many with cracks from shipping.

Totally different factor involved.

You are, at least, consistent.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 5:32:05 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 18/08/2016 9:24 a.m., JackA wrote:
A story for the group about Plastic.

I enjoy seeing what I can find at the dollar store, like a recent visit, a battery powered (3) LED light w/ motion detector, $1.00!!

That's nice.

But, my point is about Plastic. I bought some magnetic clips that you can hang on the fridge. I never got to really use them, just hung them on side of fridge.
Maybe a few years passed, and I went to open a clip, by squeezing, the plastic had turned brittle!! I tossed them all out!

I'm sure a lot of cheap plastic is used for CD cases, since I find many with cracks from shipping.

Totally different factor involved.

You are, at least, consistent.

Many thanks, at least 3k worth.

Jack

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Good source for jewel boxes? The local Salvation Army or Goodwill! $2-3 a piece just buy as many CDs as you need cases for!

....tired of this...
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Good source for jewel boxes? The local Salvation Army or Goodwill! $2-3 a piece just buy as many CDs as you need cases for!

That's not so useful when you need a run of 2,000.
And I'm certainly not going to hand anything off to a customer in a beat
up used jewel box.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott:

Just wish this thread would GO AWAY so more technique could
rise to the top.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 1:01:50 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Scott:

Just wish this thread would GO AWAY so more technique could
rise to the top.

Sorry, Thek, but those of us who live in the reality community need the tools of our trade -- which includes the supplies to deliver finished goods. I used to buy jewel boxes at Office Depot, but since they merged with OfficeMax many stores only carry the SlimLine version, not the full-sized. So I needed a new source, and figured there'd be people here who knew where to look. I figured right.

Professional audio isn't just about phase interference, sampling rates and compression ratios; it's also about the daily craft necessary to practice one's trade. In earlier years, that meant knowing a good brand of single-edged razor blades (Gem, which Walgreens is carrying again). In modern times, it's knowing where to find jewel boxes.

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

thekma @ dumb****Rus.shortbus.edu wrote in message
Good source for jewel boxes? The local Salvation Army or Goodwill!
$2-3 a piece just buy as many CDs as you need cases for!

Buy brand new jewel cases in bulk for about a half-dollar each, or
rummage through a junk store's heap of used scratched-up cases with
cracks and broken hinges, trying to find a few that are usable, and
pay five times as much for crappier cases and more work. Only a
dumb**** would make a suggestion like that.

...tired of this...

Yeah, being such an idiot must be really tiring. Maybe you just need a
clean diaper and a nap.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

theckhhhmaaah @ the-retard-store.com wrote in message
Just wish this thread would GO AWAY so more technique could rise to
the top.

So you're whining because you're too ****ing stupid to get a real
newsreader. ****ing retard.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 3:24:59 PM UTC-4, PStamler wrote:
On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 1:01:50 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Scott:

Just wish this thread would GO AWAY so more technique could
rise to the top.

Sorry, Thek, but those of us who live in the reality community need the tools of our trade.

So, it is common that professionals in this field must ask a newsgroup where to purchase a very common item? I do not see any effort; as little, if any, research was done. Why not purchase direct from China, if you want a darn good price?

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
jason jason is offline

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 12:24:56 -0700 (PDT) "PStamler"
wrote in article
In modern times, it's knowing where to find jewel boxes.

Makes me wonder what the next delivery medium will be after discs vanish.
How about microSD cards. NV RAM is so cheap now, you could put all Bach's
works on something the size of your fingernail. And you'd need an electron
microscope to read the "album" jacket...
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 8/19/2016 6:02 PM, JackA wrote:
So, it is common that professionals in this field must ask a
newsgroup where to purchase a very common item? I do not see any
effort; as little, if any, research was done. Why not purchase direct
from China, if you want a darn good price?

Paul isn't a record company, he's a college professor. He may have
discovered what I did when I went to one of the sources where I've
purchased CD cases in the past and found that the full sized case is now
on the endangered species list. The major suppliers have plenty of
variants of the slim case, but none or maybe just one or two full sized
cases, and those need to be purchased in pieces.

As I learned here, that's actually a good idea if you're a record
company. But they take up twice as much storage space as assembled cases
until they're filled. It's something to consider.

So really, it isn't that simple a question. And obviously there were
people here who had good answers - and some who had silly answers. But
he did find what he needed.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 8/19/2016 6:28 PM, Jason wrote:
How about microSD cards. NV RAM is so cheap now, you could put all Bach's
works on something the size of your fingernail. And you'd need an electron
microscope to read the "album" jacket...

That's the problem. I expect what will happen is that music will either
not be delivered on physical media at all, or you'll get an SD card or
USB thumb drive at the store or in the mail, copy it to your hard drive,
and then throw away the media. People seem to have become accustomed to
playing music off a hard drive and depending on the computer for
locating what they want to play.

Me, I'd rather turn on the radio or put on a record. But I won't live
but maybe 20 more years if I I take care of myself.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 20/08/2016 10:28 AM, Jason wrote:

Makes me wonder what the next delivery medium will be after discs vanish.
How about microSD cards.

Already finding them too easy to misplace, vacuum, swallow, sweep, drop
behind things, get eaten by dog, corrupt, etc. And dificult to identify
(differentiate).

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 7:29:52 PM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
[...]

Okay, that's good.

Just amazed at the prices when you remove the middlemen...
http://satisfyu.en.made-in-china.com...-DVD-Case.html

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
Scott:

Just wish this thread would GO AWAY so more technique could
rise to the top.

Actually, this is the sort of thing the group was originally intended for.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Jason wrote:
On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 12:24:56 -0700 (PDT) "PStamler"
wrote in article
In modern times, it's knowing where to find jewel boxes.

Makes me wonder what the next delivery medium will be after discs vanish.
How about microSD cards. NV RAM is so cheap now, you could put all Bach's
works on something the size of your fingernail. And you'd need an electron
microscope to read the "album" jacket...

Physical media is going away. People want downloadable files they can
store on their own personally-supplied memory card.

That said, interestingly LP sales are way up, even as CD and DVD-A sales
drop down into the noise. I've been picking up some cutting work and
the pressing plants are all backed up.

Just today I talked to a guy who wants a small run of LPs done but he needs
them for a release event in November and I had to tell him that I can't get
fast enough turnaround from the plant to meet his deadline.

It is a weird world that we live in.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote: "That said, interestingly LP sales are way up, even as CD and
DVD-A sales drop down into the noise. I've been picking up some cutting work"

Not weird at all. I think the vinyl resurgence is partly due
to nostalgia & curiosity, and partly to sound quality. What
has been done to the sound on a digital deliverable(CD or
a file) since the late 1990s, cannot be as aggressively
done on a physical medium such as a record or a tape.
And that has chased customers away from the technically
more capable format to the inferior one.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 20/08/2016 3:33 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Jason wrote:
On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 12:24:56 -0700 (PDT) "PStamler"
wrote in article
In modern times, it's knowing where to find jewel boxes.

Makes me wonder what the next delivery medium will be after discs vanish.
How about microSD cards. NV RAM is so cheap now, you could put all Bach's
works on something the size of your fingernail. And you'd need an electron
microscope to read the "album" jacket...

Physical media is going away. People want downloadable files they can
store on their own personally-supplied memory card.

Naa - it is largely forgettable music and download is an easier way to
forget it without clutter.

That said, interestingly LP sales are way up, even as CD and DVD-A sales
drop down into the noise. I've been picking up some cutting work and
the pressing plants are all backed up.

Nostalgia and trendiness.

Just today I talked to a guy who wants a small run of LPs done but he needs
them for a release event in November and I had to tell him that I can't get
fast enough turnaround from the plant to meet his deadline.

It is a weird world that we live in.

Yep, but it is nice to retain things and talents that were of value.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 8/20/2016 9:15 AM, geoff wrote:

Naa - it is largely forgettable music and download is an easier way to
forget it without clutter.

and

Yep, but it is nice to retain things and talents that were of value.

Are you suggesting that today's music is largely forgettable? I'll go
along with that for much of the music we can find easily today. Too bad
there aren't record companies any more who toss that stuff out and try
their best to see that it isn't released. But today you don't need
anything more than Internet access to release your music, where it will
be downloaded by thousands or millions, and then forgotten by most.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 20/08/2016 11:15 PM, geoff wrote:
On 20/08/2016 3:33 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Physical media is going away. People want downloadable files they can
store on their own personally-supplied memory card.

It's a great model for the "record" companies. People pay for their own
media, pay for their own delivery costs, pay for their own printing
costs, *very* low "warehousing" costs, and the "record" companies can
still charge as much as a CD in many cases. :-(

Naa - it is largely forgettable music and download is an easier way to
forget it without clutter.

Exactly, who wants to personally store most of todays crap. :-)

That said, interestingly LP sales are way up, even as CD and DVD-A sales
drop down into the noise. I've been picking up some cutting work and
the pressing plants are all backed up.

Nostalgia and trendiness.

Right, there will always be steam engine enthusiasts, and turntable
nuts, even people with a thing for magnetic tape recorders. :-)
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for vinyl sales to once again overtake
CD sales though! :-)

Yep, but it is nice to retain things and talents that were of value.

Even nicer to develop new talents that still have value IMO.

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 8/21/2016 3:09 AM, Trevor wrote:

Yep, but it is nice to retain things and talents that were of value.

Even nicer to develop new talents that still have value IMO.

I'm still waiting.

Need good source for used equipment pricing Robert Peirce High End Audio 5 February 11th 12 12:58 PM
Good Source ? RealInfo Vacuum Tubes 0 June 18th 08 10:59 AM
good source to buy very small tin boxes/containers? Mad Scientist Jr Tech 5 June 28th 07 02:01 PM
Good source for belts? Tim Padrick Tech 3 November 15th 06 01:25 PM
Good source for overwrapping services? Leoaw3 Pro Audio 1 December 23rd 04 11:54 PM