Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default People Enjoy Spent Master Tape Sound

.... I do not. I do not care to hear how effective noise reduction is.
Anyway, Wikipedia claims ABC Record catalog (tapes) destroyed mid '70's, but this is a personal remix (from 13 tracks, but maybe more in real 24 track tape life). Now, I can hear those crisp high-hat cymbals, unlike what is washed out on hiss-filled CD! People will buy anything! 1974, unedited...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...esomething.mp3

Oh, and you peeps claim my work sounds like crap, but yet a second person is asking me for higher quality renditions! Don't mess! :-)

Remaster? No one really knows the definition! Just like a heard of cattle, each one follows the others definition.

Remix? No one really knows the definition! Just like a heard of cattle, each one follows the others definition.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis[_3_] Gareth Magennis[_3_] is offline

"JackA" wrote in message

.... I do not. I do not care to hear how effective noise reduction is.
Anyway, Wikipedia claims ABC Record catalog (tapes) destroyed mid '70's, but
this is a personal remix (from 13 tracks, but maybe more in real 24 track
tape life). Now, I can hear those crisp high-hat cymbals, unlike what is
washed out on hiss-filled CD! People will buy anything! 1974, unedited...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...esomething.mp3

Oh, and you peeps claim my work sounds like crap, but yet a second person is
asking me for higher quality renditions! Don't mess! :-)

Remaster? No one really knows the definition! Just like a heard of cattle,
each one follows the others definition.

Remix? No one really knows the definition! Just like a heard of cattle, each
one follows the others definition.

Jack

Here's the original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIUD1Z3pU1g

And here's the remix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oZyUkjMYcM

Now THAT's a remix.
Someone really did something there. (in 1994)

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 4:51:53 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

- Bad day to give up sniffing glue!! :-)

-- You do it? Fess up!!

Jack

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis[_3_] Gareth Magennis[_3_] is offline

Oops, that's a crap quality version of the remix, that's Youtube for you,
this is better, ignore the dancing man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDZ9...=RDYDZ9HYCAknc

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

Jack, that clearly goes to show you just don't have a clue about modern
life.

Sigh.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

This is something that might just not make any sense to you, Jack.
It's a list of currently popular genres of music commonly bought and
listened to by people on the Interweb.

I must admit it makes me feel like a complete Fuddy Duddy, as I've not heard
even 1% of it most probably, but this is what is actually happening out
there.
I think I'm slightly ahead of you though.

http://everynoise.com/everynoise1d.c...al&scope=a ll

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

I admire real-life musicians!! Shame on me! :-)

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

As a musician, I've learned to get past that.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 6:04:53 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
"JackA" wrote in message

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

Electronic music is just not my thing. I began disliking 80's Pop music when
I heard more and more of electronics, and less and less human talent. Don't
think of me as the bad guy! :-)

Jack

The problem I see there is you thereby assume that "electronics" by
definition requires little or no talent.

No, no, no!! Allow me to explain...

Some decade+ back, I was "into" 3D animation. Some characters others created looked near real-life!! I said to my (deceased) Dad, that one day, they will no longer need human actors, 3D animation will replace them. He said, son, no, the human aspect will never be replaced.

Maybe you can prove me wrong, has any of this, I call it electronic music, ever made Top 40 anywhere?

Jack

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

You seem to be assuming that somehow the most popular musical choices have
the most musical merit.

You might start thinking about film scores and likewise to get beyond your
blinkered view on what "proper music" is actually all about.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

Don't mean to get you upset! Sorry.

Worked on the audio last night, lost sleep over it. Take #1, 1955!
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...es/speedoo.mp3

Jack

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

Well. "Top 40" doesn't really exist any more.

Been racking my brains to come up with something you may find accessible,
but here it is.

There is well crafted urban poetry in there, and a deep understanding of the
human predicament.
There is also a killer Kick Drum.

It's quite old now, and things have moved on a lot since then, but this is a
mighty example of how Dance Music took the bull by the horns and just did
its own stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlLWFa1b1Bc

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis[_3_] Gareth Magennis[_3_] is offline

Here's and interesting track.

I used to use this as a soundcheck for a Theatre installed Martin F2 system
back in the days.
The baseline was the most listened to for this purpose.

Now, that bassline was actually copied from a famous recording of somebody
far more famous.

Any guesses as to which track that Bassline come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKtTmZnVhhI

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 5:57:53 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
Here's and interesting track.

I used to use this as a soundcheck for a Theatre installed Martin F2 system
back in the days.
The baseline was the most listened to for this purpose.

Now, that bassline was actually copied from a famous recording of somebody
far more famous.

Any guesses as to which track that Bassline come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKtTmZnVhhI

Now, that is pretty good!!

Bass line? I can almost think it, maybe Motown related?

Thanks.

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 6:28:00 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
"JackA" wrote in message

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 5:57:53 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
Here's and interesting track.

I used to use this as a soundcheck for a Theatre installed Martin F2
system
back in the days.
The baseline was the most listened to for this purpose.

Now, that bassline was actually copied from a famous recording of somebody
far more famous.

Any guesses as to which track that Bassline come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKtTmZnVhhI

Now, that is pretty good!!

Bass line? I can almost think it, maybe Motown related?

Thanks.

Jack

Jazz.

Gareth.

By bad!

OT: I was getting my take-out Chinese food, and up pulls a van with sort of loud music. I told the (black) man (driver), that is decent music. He didn't hesitate to tell me is was John Coltrane!!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

See, if all that Dance stuff never happened, you wouldn't have got this
album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbAkTudQwo0

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

REM? I remixed one of their hits. Nice to (now) hear a tambourine that was recorded, but mixing failed to make it evident.
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps.../the1ilove.mp3

Thanks, G'!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis[_3_] Gareth Magennis[_3_] is offline

See, if all that Dance stuff never happened, you wouldn't have got this
album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbAkTudQwo0

Gareth.

REM? I remixed one of their hits. Nice to (now) hear a tambourine that was
recorded, but mixing failed to make it evident.
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps.../the1ilove.mp3

Thanks, G'!

Jack

No, not REM, but a British duo called 1 Giant Leap.
They somehow managed to get a lot of really famous people to contribute to
their (self titled) album, including Michael Stipe, and it is pretty much my
favourite album of all time.

Occasionally an album is produced that has an importance way, way beyond its
musical content. This is one of those albums.

Contributing artists:
Dennis Hopper, Kurt Vonnegut, Michael Stipe, Robbie Williams, Eddi Reader,
Tom Robbins, Brian Eno, Baaba Maal, Speech, Asha Bhosle, Neneh Cherry, Anita
Roddick, Michael Franti, Zap Mama
and others.

Watch the movie here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16l_OcIjqYk

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Remaster? No one really knows the definition! Just like a heard of cattle,
each one follows the others definition.

Remix? No one really knows the definition! Just like a heard of cattle, each
one follows the others definition.

Running some audio through a computer, tweaking
some knobs, and posting the result to a newsgroup? :O

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ralph Barone[_3_] Ralph Barone[_3_] is offline

Tobiah wrote:
Remaster? No one really knows the definition! Just like a heard of cattle,
each one follows the others definition.

Remix? No one really knows the definition! Just like a heard of cattle, each
one follows the others definition.

Running some audio through a computer, tweaking
some knobs, and posting the result to a newsgroup? :O

Heard of cattle? Why, everyone's heard of cattle.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

On 08/05/2016 08:07 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:
Tobiah wrote:
Remaster? No one really knows the definition! Just like a heard of cattle,
each one follows the others definition.

Remix? No one really knows the definition! Just like a heard of cattle, each
one follows the others definition.

Running some audio through a computer, tweaking
some knobs, and posting the result to a newsgroup? :O

Heard of cattle? Why, everyone's heard of cattle.

Hell, not me! Baaaaahhhhh...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 10:42:54 AM UTC-4, Tobiah wrote:
Remaster? No one really knows the definition! Just like a heard of cattle,
each one follows the others definition.

Remix? No one really knows the definition! Just like a heard of cattle, each
one follows the others definition.

Running some audio through a computer, tweaking
some knobs, and posting the result to a newsgroup? :O

But done with Professional Grade hearing!!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 11:07:54 AM UTC-4, Ralph Barone wrote:
Tobiah wrote:
Remaster? No one really knows the definition! Just like a heard of cattle,
each one follows the others definition.

Remix? No one really knows the definition! Just like a heard of cattle, each
one follows the others definition.

Running some audio through a computer, tweaking
some knobs, and posting the result to a newsgroup? :O

Heard of cattle? Why, everyone's heard of cattle.

I'm glad we are paying attention!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 6/08/2016 1:23 AM, Tobiah wrote:
On 08/05/2016 08:07 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:
Heard of cattle? Why, everyone's heard of cattle.

Hell, not me! Baaaaahhhhh...

So you've heard sheep then. :-)

Trevor.