Larry Durst

Default WTB AMP

What would be a good amp for these speakers and how would I go about finding
out what's the best choice?

2 Cerwin Vega HED 15" SUBs

--
You make fun of what you are really afraid of... and thats us......

2002 Dodge Viper Venom 1000 Twin Turbo by Hennessey Performance Engineering
( www.HennesseyPerformance.com )

Power Output: 900 - 1300 hp

Tested Acceleration: 0-60 in 1.85 sec., 1/4 mile in 8.93 sec. @ 150+ mph
(AND that's only with the optional auto transmission and drag tires).

douglas pratt

these are for deep bass-- you don't need a great deal of refinement for 15"
subs, and cerwin vega is more of a mid-fi product. i would consider one of
the older hafler dh500 power amps-- you might be able to find one that has
had some upgrades done, as it's a 20+ year old piece. you need power, and
this one will do it; 500 watts into 8 ohms, 1000 into 4. you shouldn't have
to spend more than $300 or so, perhaps alittle more for one that's been
tweaked. the amps were sold as kits, and many people with know-how improved
as they assembled. enjoy--
"Larry Durst" wrote in message
m...
What would be a good amp for these speakers and how would I go about

finding
out what's the best choice?

2 Cerwin Vega HED 15" SUBs

--
You make fun of what you are really afraid of... and thats us......

2002 Dodge Viper Venom 1000 Twin Turbo by Hennessey Performance

Engineering
( www.HennesseyPerformance.com )

Power Output: 900 - 1300 hp

Tested Acceleration: 0-60 in 1.85 sec., 1/4 mile in 8.93 sec. @ 150+ mph
(AND that's only with the optional auto transmission and drag tires).

Rich Andrews

"Larry Durst" wrote in news:j5Jeb.17183$r25.10995
@twister.southeast.rr.com:

--
You make fun of what you are really afraid of... and thats us......

2002 Dodge Viper Venom 1000 Twin Turbo by Hennessey Performance

Engineering
( www.HennesseyPerformance.com )

Power Output: 900 - 1300 hp

Dodge Viper with a piston engine? Bah! When you tire of playing with kid
stuff, check out the following.

http://www.nyethermodynamics.com/squirt_2.htm#videos

The engine is $30k and runs on the cheap stuff. 1400hp and 1400 ft. lbs.
of torque.

(:)

Rich Andrews

"Larry Durst" wrote in news:%jEfb.25124$xB4.22185
@twister.southeast.rr.com:

Boats? . . . . . I'll let you play alone on that one

Larry,

It wouldn't take much to drop that GE engine into a car. Granted it wouldn't
have the panache of a Viper, but it would certainly go fast. (:)