Zed

Default Comparison between Event monitors

Hi,
I have an urgent suggestion to ask from you...
I've to decide until tomorrow between two pair of monitors for my home
studio:
- Event Tr6, that I've listened to and I find'em very good
- Event 20/20p (the reduced version of 20/20Bas), that I haven't listened
to, but I've found used at a good price, about 200$ less than the new Tr6.
In your opinion what should I choose and why?
Thank you very much!
Regards.
Zed.

Dik LeDoux

"Zed" wrote in message
Hi,
I have an urgent suggestion to ask from you...
I've to decide until tomorrow between two pair of monitors for my home
studio:
- Event Tr6, that I've listened to and I find'em very good
- Event 20/20p (the reduced version of 20/20Bas), that I haven't listened
to, but I've found used at a good price, about 200$ less than the new Tr6.
In your opinion what should I choose and why?

The 20/20p's aren't reduced - - they're not powered as compared to the
20/20Bas which are. You may know that already.

dik

Rob Adelman

reddred wrote:

"Dik LeDoux" wrote in message

"Zed" wrote in message
. ..

Hi,
I have an urgent suggestion to ask from you...
I've to decide until tomorrow between two pair of monitors for my home
studio:
- Event Tr6, that I've listened to and I find'em very good
- Event 20/20p (the reduced version of 20/20Bas), that I haven't

listened

to, but I've found used at a good price, about 200$ less than the new

Tr6.

In your opinion what should I choose and why?

The 20/20p's aren't reduced - - they're not powered as compared to the
20/20Bas which are. You may know that already.

dik

you're thinking of the regular 20/20's, the 'p' stands for powered.

The 20/20p is the basic powered model while the 20/20Bas is internally
biamped. I have never compared them myself, but I had hard that the BAS
was a definite step up. Could have been a sales pitch though, I can't
recall.

-Rob

SomeGuyOnTheInternet

In article ,
"Dik LeDoux" wrote:
The 20/20p's aren't reduced - - they're not powered as compared to the
20/20Bas which are. You may know that already.

The 20/20p are also powered, but they're not bi-amped, just single-amped.

** The only good velocity-switch is an inaudible velocity-switch **

Dik LeDoux

"reddred" wrote in message
you're thinking of the regular 20/20's, the 'p' stands for powered.

DOH!

disregard my previous post...

dik

reddred

"Rob Adelman" wrote in message

reddred wrote:

you're thinking of the regular 20/20's, the 'p' stands for powered.

The 20/20p is the basic powered model while the 20/20Bas is internally
biamped. I have never compared them myself, but I had hard that the BAS
was a definite step up. Could have been a sales pitch though, I can't
recall.

-Rob

I think so, but I never heard them in the same place at the same time. I
have the 20/20Bas v1, Event have a new version out now (v2), though I don't
know what the differences are.

jb