Sander deWaal

Howard Ferstler said:

My writing may "suck" by your infantile standards, but at
least I get my written material into print.

So do John Atkinson and Steven Rochlin, just to name a few.
Oh, not to mention Harvey "Gizmo" Rosenberg.

Speaking of my writing, would you believe that The
Encyclopedia of Recorded Sound that I helped to edit and
also contributed to is now in print.

Your point being?
And besides, did you *ever* convert one of the "loonies" to your point
of view?

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Sander deWaal

Howard Ferstler said:

Would you believe that The Encyclopedia of Recorded Sound
that I helped to edit and also contributed to is now in
print.

Howard,

Did you *ever* convert one of the "loonies" into your point of view?

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "

Bruce J. Richman

Sander deWaal wrote:

Howard Ferstler said:

My writing may "suck" by your infantile standards, but at
least I get my written material into print.

So do John Atkinson and Steven Rochlin, just to name a few.
Oh, not to mention Harvey "Gizmo" Rosenberg.

Speaking of my writing, would you believe that The
Encyclopedia of Recorded Sound that I helped to edit and
also contributed to is now in print.

Your point being?
And besides, did you *ever* convert one of the "loonies" to your point
of view?

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "

Sander, while I appreciate your efforts to expose this charlatan, it's sort of
like asking Bush to name 3 mistakes he's made during his presidency. (This
actually happened during the recent debates - and quite predictably, Bush
failed to give any relevant answer).

Bruce J. Richman

Sander deWaal

The Devil said:

Your point being?
And besides, did you *ever* convert one of the "loonies" to your point
of view?

He converted me into a cucumber-hater.

That's nothing new.
How about fish and chips?

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "

Sander deWaal

The Devil said:

Agreed. Perhaps Middius' experience with subwoofers is highly limited.

This has to be the first time you've correctly placed an apostrophe.
What happened in your life?

Someone at the SMWTMS finally wrote some working Krooware.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Bruce J. Richman

Sander deWaal wrote:

(Bruce J. Richman) said:

Sander, while I appreciate your efforts to expose this charlatan, it's sort

of
like asking Bush to name 3 mistakes he's made during his presidency. (This
actually happened during the recent debates - and quite predictably, Bush
failed to give any relevant answer).

Well, obviously, he *couldn't* answer that question.
Others made the mistakes in his name :-)

But when asked, said "they were just following orders".

I don't think Bush has published any books either. Therefore, he must be a
moron!

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "

Bruce J. Richman

Bruce J. Richman

Sander deWaal wrote:

The Devil said:

Agreed. Perhaps Middius' experience with subwoofers is highly limited.

This has to be the first time you've correctly placed an apostrophe.
What happened in your life?

Someone at the SMWTMS finally wrote some working Krooware.

--

Maybe, but I wouldn't advise using it unless you have anti-virus protection.

Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "

Bruce J. Richman

MINe 109

In article z,
The Devil wrote:

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:46:41 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Agreed. Perhaps Middius' experience with subwoofers is highly limited.

This has to be the first time you've correctly placed an apostrophe.
What happened in your life?

Lionel wasn't using them...

Stephen
Arny Krueger

news:j12gn0dss4pe5s8rmffdgionlb18m2ieck@rdmzrnewst xt.nz
wrote:

Agreed. Perhaps Middius' experience with subwoofers is highly
limited.

This has to be the first time you've correctly placed an apostrophe.
What happened in your life?

Shows that you're too brain-damaged to remember the last time I did it.

Sander deWaal

"Arny Krueger" said:

Shows that you're too brain-damaged to remember the last time I did it.

This is not the place to discuss bedroom secrets, Arny.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Clyde Slick

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Maybe Arnii finally persuaded his health insurance company that he really
needed to have a chunk of concrete removed from his skull.

Was there anything left over?

Lionel

MINe 109 wrote:

wrote:

Agreed. Perhaps Middius' experience with subwoofers is highly limited.

This has to be the first time you've correctly placed an apostrophe.
What happened in your life?

Lionel wasn't using them...

Nor I need that you apostrophe me. ;-(

(According to my OneLook dictionary, it seems that this verb doesn't exist
in English. What's a pity.)

Stephen

MINe 109

Lionel wrote:

MINe 109 wrote:

wrote:

Agreed. Perhaps Middius' experience with subwoofers is highly limited.

This has to be the first time you've correctly placed an apostrophe.
What happened in your life?

Lionel wasn't using them...

Nor I need that you apostrophe me. ;-(

(According to my OneLook dictionary, it seems that this verb doesn't exist
in English. What's a pity.)

No, it doesn't. I had to use my Harrap's to find it.

This shows French grammar is more rigorous than English, or at least
that French punctuation marks are.

Stephen

Lionel

George M&M wrote in message . ..
MINe 109 said:

This has to be the first time you've correctly placed an apostrophe.
What happened in your life?

Lionel wasn't using them...

Nor I need that you apostrophe me. ;-(

(According to my OneLook dictionary, it seems that this verb doesn't exist
in English. What's a pity.)

No, it doesn't. I had to use my Harrap's to find it.

We do have apostrophize, though.

George M&M is right, "apostrophize" has the same meaning than
"apostropher".

This shows French grammar is more rigorous than English, or at least
that French punctuation marks are.

And more tolerant of the Sluttish dialect.

It seems that you better know your maternal language than the French
wines. Congratulations !!!
Howard Ferstler

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message

"George M. Middius" wrote:

Nousiane said:

One of the beauties about pink and other noise signals

is you don't need a subwoofer because PINK NOISE HAS NO BASS!

Wrong.

Agreed. Perhaps Middius' experience with subwoofers is highly limited.

The word "limited" defines him.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Fella wrote:

Howard Ferstler wrote:

My guess is that there is something wrong with the Densen.

Howard you *must* look like that "oukaay" teacher in southpark, say it,
say that you look like him. Say it.

There also appears to be something wrong with you as well.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Sander deWaal wrote:

Did you *ever* convert one of the "loonies" to your point of view?

Never. However, I believe that by showing them up for what
they are - psychologically misplaced crackpots and/or con
artists, or both - I can help otherwise rational individuals
avoid becoming audio crazies.

Howard Ferstler

Howard Ferstler

"George M. Middius" wrote:

Brother Horace the Pinheaded lied:

Do you feel foolish yet, Clerkie? I'd like to remind you that I,
personally, have urged you to consult a physician many times. Apparently
you still have not done so. And this is the result. Sad.

And, no, I do not feel foolish in the least.

Nor did you feel ashamed at getting caught stealing, nor even guilty for
having done it in the first place. You don't feel anything. You are a
wind-up toy clown.

And, Mr. George "nobody" Middius, I am again published - and
in a very big way this time.

Haw, haw, haw......

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Sander deWaal wrote:

Did you *ever* convert one of the "loonies" into your point of view?

Nope. However, I am pretty sure that by showing up the
crazies and con artists for what they are, I have helped
some otherwise rational individuals avoid becoming tweako
freakos.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote:

You do realize, of course, that individual preferences are totally forbidden
for Ferstler and his small band of windmill-tllters, don't you? LOT'S !

Prefer what you want. However, know that rational people
will possibly be amused by your folly, and may also want to
keep your disease from spreading to others.

Howard "helped to publish an encyclopedia" Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

From: Howard Ferstler
Date: 10/20/2004 6:43 PM Pacific Standard Time

I am on the title page as the "technical editor,"

A step above getting your name in the phone book. Congradulations.

Hey, while being in the phone book may impress you, it does
not impress me. It takes a lot more work to get your name on
the title page of a book than it does to get into the phone
book, slick. Hope that does not shock you too much.

Incidentally, learn to spell.

and of course I did all of the biographical sketches of
audio big wigs,

No autobiography obviously.

The encyclopedia has a vita section for all of the
contributors. I am in there, slick, but the autobiographical
info is rather sketchy. If you want more info about me,
check out the back cover of my fourth book.

plus some company histories.

Paraphrased from their promotional copy no doubt.

You can only guess, slick. The important thing is that I
have published way, way more about audio than you have or
ever will. The best you can do is fantasize about your
system and upscale gear.

Perhaps 10% of the total material in the set was
written or modified by me.

And you still refer to it as your book. Pathetic.We can surmise that at least
10% of it sucks.

Well, there are two names on the title page: the primary
editor and me. The other contributors are listed elsewhere.

Although many audio notables are in there,

That would preclude you.

I was too modest to put a formal article in there about me.
However, as I noted above there is a vita section that has
information about me.

it is still
primarily a music-oriented publication, with scads of bios
of performers, plus a lot of recorded-music history. Your
bio sketch is NOT in there, needless to say.

Of course not. I am not involved in audio as a proffessional.

You appear to not be very involved in audio at all, on any
meaningful level whatsoever. You are a deluded audio crank
who has not a clue about audio in general, and probably has
not a clue about the genuine good and bad characteristics of
his own system.

The two-volume set lists for $225.00, which means that it
will definitely be an academic or technical library item.

IOW a low volume seller.

Yep. That is the way it is with academic books, slick.

That's five books for me (admitting that number five has me
as an editor/contributor and not sole author) and zero for
you, pinhead.

5 POS to 0. You lose, again.

Only by the standards of a fact deprived, information
limited goofball like you.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Sander deWaal wrote:

Howard Ferstler said:

Would you believe that The Encyclopedia of Recorded Sound
that I helped to edit and also contributed to is now in
print.

Howard,

Did you *ever* convert one of the "loonies" into your point of view?

Not hardly. However, by showing up the goofballs for what
they are, I would like to think that I have helped some
rational but previously uninformed (about audio) types avoid
being suckered.

Howard Ferstler

Howard Ferstler

Sander deWaal wrote:

And besides, did you *ever* convert one of the "loonies" to your point
of view?

No, I have not. However, that is not my goal as an audio
writer. First, I want to inform those who have a rational
approach to the hobby. Second, I want to prevent those who
are new to the hobby from being suckered by the true
believers and the con artists.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote:

Sander, while I appreciate your efforts to expose this charlatan....

This is a scream. Routledge (a branch of Taylor & Francis,
one of the largest publishing houses in the world) has me
work for them as an article writer and editor (plus I have
published four other books for three other publishers), and
this goofball Richman says that I am a charlatan.

Yeah, and the moon is made of green cheese.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Sander deWaal wrote:

Did you *ever* convert one of the "loonies" into your point of view?

Not yet. But there is always hope.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Fella wrote:

Howard Ferstler wrote:

Actually, a good pair of modestly priced satellites, when
combined with a really good subwoofer, should be able to
give even a very upscale pair of super speakers a serious
run for the sonic-accuracy money.

Yes... using pink noise and careful "level matching" they'd even sound
the same! We the borg use pink noise for music, you will noud, duh.

This shows that you misunderstand the usefulness of pink
noise as a testing tool, which, I might add, I do not use
all that much when reviewing audio products.

However, here is a nifty trick you might try.

First, place your two stereo speakers close side by side and
sit back from them about ten feet, and then do a musical AB
comparison with a mono source. (You can let your balance
control do the AB switching, and if your preamp has a mono
switch you can even use a stereo source.) If your speakers
are good ones, they will probably sound alike. (If not, you
have serious problems.)

Second, assuming they sound alike, do the same test all over
again with pink noise. I think you will be surprised at how
much different they sound this time.

This is because pink noise is analogous to a test-pattern
chart with video work and it will show up frequency-response
anomalies much better than any musical source ever could.

Yep, you will discover that your two otherwise musically
very good speakers are surprisingly different sounding from
each other with a demanding signal like pink noise.
Fortunately, those differences are not all that big a deal
if they are not too extreme, although they can definitely
cause imaging problems if they are serious.

By the way, I outlined the above procedure in detail
(showing how it can also help one to pinpoint malfunctions
in one speaker of a stereo pair and also evaluate analog
recording tape and tape recorders) a couple of decades back
in two different Stereo Review articles.

Howard Ferstler
Arny Krueger

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Brother Horace hides behind the Krooborg's well inspected genitals.

The word "limited" defines him.

Are you afraid of me too, Clerkie?

What's for us to fear, Middius? You're just a made-up name that replaces
your real identity that you are afraid to reveal.

S888Wheel

From: Howard Ferstler
Date: 10/26/2004 5:48 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: Howard Ferstler

Date: 10/20/2004 6:43 PM Pacific Standard Time

I am on the title page as the "technical editor,"

A step above getting your name in the phone book. Congradulations.

Hey, while being in the phone book may impress you, it does
not impress me.

Right over your head slick. I'll explain it to you so that even a five year old
can get it. It was an insult. Your achievement is not much more impressive than
getting your name in the phone book which isn't impressive. Get this time?

It takes a lot more work to get your name on
the title page of a book than it does to get into the phone
book, slick.

If plagiarism and paraphrasing is a lot of work maybe so. But digging a ditch
can be a lot of work too.

Hope that does not shock you too much.

Incidentally, learn to spell.

Learn to write.

and of course I did all of the biographical sketches of
audio big wigs,

No autobiography obviously.

The encyclopedia has a vita section for all of the
contributors. I am in there, slick, but the autobiographical
info is rather sketchy.

They threw you a bone. Botton line is you don't rank to be in the book.

If you want more info about me,
check out the back cover of my fourth book.

I have more than I want. I'd like to keep my diner down tonight.

plus some company histories.

Paraphrased from their promotional copy no doubt.

You can only guess, slick.

Sounds like my guess is on target. You are transparent amoung other things.

The important thing is that I
have published way, way more about audio than you have or
ever will.

That is important? I suppose you ought to be kissing up to Harry Pearson and
John Atkinson. Pucker up dork.

The best you can do is fantasize about your
system and upscale gear.

No, I own it. I listen to it. I enjoy it. It's sour grapes for you.

Perhaps 10% of the total material in the set was
written or modified by me.

And you still refer to it as your book. Pathetic.We can surmise that at

least
10% of it sucks.

Well, there are two names on the title page: the primary
editor and me. The other contributors are listed elsewhere.

I suspect that even bottle cap collectors have a pecking order.

Although many audio notables are in there,

That would preclude you.

I was too modest to put a formal article in there about me.

LOL.

However, as I noted above there is a vita section that has
information about me.

it is still
primarily a music-oriented publication, with scads of bios
of performers, plus a lot of recorded-music history. Your
bio sketch is NOT in there, needless to say.

Of course not. I am not involved in audio as a proffessional.

You appear to not be very involved in audio at all, on any
meaningful level whatsoever.

I am a hobbyist like so many others. It must suck to have mere hobbyists like
me expose you as a fraud.

You are a deluded audio crank
who has not a clue about audio in general, and probably has
not a clue about the genuine good and bad characteristics of
his own system.

Unlike you, My hearing is fine and I have no fear of live music.

The two-volume set lists for $225.00, which means that it
will definitely be an academic or technical library item.

IOW a low volume seller.

Yep. That is the way it is with academic books, slick.

So how do the sales stack up against the best selling acedemic books Clyde?
Still low eh? Let us know when sales hit double figures.

That's five books for me (admitting that number five has me
as an editor/contributor and not sole author) and zero for
you, pinhead.

5 POS to 0. You lose, again.

Only by the standards of a fact deprived, information
limited goofball like you.

Learn to write.

Clyde Slick

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Brother Horace hides behind the Krooborg's well inspected genitals.

The word "limited" defines him.

Are you afraid of me too, Clerkie? I thought your nemesis was dave
weil. I wish you'd go to the doctor already. Get it over with.

Is he going to have his genitals checked?

paul packer

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:03:26 -0400, Howard Ferstler
wrote:

[...]

Nothing new in any of this, Howard. I've been checking speakers this
way, both on music and white noise, for decades, and never found two
speakers to sound even vaguely alike. I've also tried it using
headphones and a balance control and again, the drivers sound
completely different. Why? I have no idea, but I'm just glad I don't
have pink noise--who needs it?

Bruce J. Richman

Howard Ferstler wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote:

Sander, while I appreciate your efforts to expose this charlatan....

This is a scream. Routledge (a branch of Taylor & Francis,
one of the largest publishing houses in the world) has me
work for them as an article writer and editor (plus I have
published four other books for three other publishers), and
this goofball Richman says that I am a charlatan.

Yeah, and the moon is made of green cheese.

Howard Ferstler

Shall we count the ways, fraud? (1) False and libelous claims about people
without any facts to back them up. (2) Plagiarism of the works of others and
then sociopathic attempts to rationalize them and/or cover them up. (3)
Methodologically deceptive and fraudulent "double blind tests" in which you've
been proven to have deliberately manipulated the data to conform to
preconceived beliefs/

And I'm sure many more deceptive, false, and/or libelous practices too numerous
to mention. However, I'm sure you've succeeded in preventing newbies from
listening to the words of "true believers" and "tweako-freakos". Practically
all of them who come here and voice there opinions despise you! Mission
accomplished. !!! Good job !!!

ROFLMAO !!!!

Bruce J. Richman

Fella

Howard Ferstler wrote:

Fella wrote:

Howard Ferstler wrote:

My guess is that there is something wrong with the Densen.

Howard you *must* look like that "oukaay" teacher in southpark, say it,
say that you look like him. Say it.

There also appears to be something wrong with you as well.

Just by saying that I hear the difference between a yamaha amp and an
onkyo amp I become "deluded", remember?

Howard Ferstler

Sander deWaal

Howard Ferstler said:

And, Mr. George "nobody" Middius, I am again published - and
in a very big way this time.

Haw, haw, haw......

Earlier you said "it is not my book".

Well, well, well........

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Sander deWaal

Howard Ferstler said:

Howard "helped to publish an encyclopedia" Ferstler

I "helped saving the world". No big deal.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Sander deWaal

"Arny Krueger" said:

What's for us to fear, Middius? You're just a made-up name that replaces
your real identity that you are afraid to reveal.

So who is he, and what is his occupation, Arnold?

Oh, and work on your grammar skills. Spell-checkers won't catch bad
grammar, you know.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "

Ferstler on recording Howard Ferstler Audio Opinions 108 September 25th 04 05:09 PM
Sound vs. Audio Bob Smoot Pro Audio 3 March 8th 04 11:13 PM
the emperor's clothes Ben Hoadley High End Audio 33 January 16th 04 05:48 PM
hum..buzz sound !!! help!! it's annoying~ Ricky W. Hunt Pro Audio 2 September 7th 03 02:40 PM
Surround Sound for Stereo Lovers Robert Lang High End Audio 5 July 4th 03 08:39 PM