Posted to rec.audio.pro,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore[_3_] Eeyore[_3_] is offline

Default Shipping tube gear

Soundhaspriority wrote:

Two inches of foam is enough to protect a hard disk thrown across the room.
Your gear is undoubtedly much more rugged. Tubes falling out of sockets have
been a problem since the beginning.

Hi Bwian,

unusually for you you make a valid point about tube retention. In my 'tube days'
tubes were almost invariably retained in their sockets by simple spring clips or
screening cans. Sadly these seem to be almost extinct now if not totally so. You
could also buy anti-microphonic bases with a synthetic rubber or flexible
plastic mounting.

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to
my email address

Posted to rec.audio.pro,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Eeyore wrote:

unusually for you you make a valid point about tube retention. In my 'tube days'
tubes were almost invariably retained in their sockets by simple spring clips or
screening cans. Sadly these seem to be almost extinct now if not totally so. You
could also buy anti-microphonic bases with a synthetic rubber or flexible
plastic mounting.

Antique Electronics Supply sells both spring clips and shields. They don't
usually have shockmounted sockets (although they DID have shockmounted
nuvistor sockets the last time I needed some).