Warren Bryant

Default Kenwood A/V Head Unit Testimonies

Hi,

I'm interested to know more about the Excelon DDX7015. I'd like to know
people's experience with it and its navigation partner, the handling of
multiple sources (GPS & DVD simultaneously) and the picture quality.

Initially I was looking to add navigation to my Alpine DVA-7996. I've
installed a monitor for the passenger in the visor. This works great as
is. Now for me to add navigation I would have to find a place to NEATLY
install a 2nd monitor in a 2dr coupe. I'd like that system to operate
such that the DVD can be displayed for the passenger and the sound
through the system. GPS information would be fed to the 2nd monitor; any
voice messages would also play through the system's outputs.

So I found a japanese Pioneer flip out display only, but it's about a
grand. Adding Alpine nav ($1200) makes this addition costly. I was
thinking it would be cheaper to sell my Alpine and get the Kenwood
package, so that's why I'm asking on its ability and quality of its nav
system. Thanks for taking the time to read all this....

Warren