elgato65

Default Pioneer 4600 mp3 decoder quality

I recently bought a Pioneer DEH-4600 unit. I have been converting many
audio CD's into MP3 and have noticed a considerable hiss on some files,
even tho I convert them all at 192 kbs.

The same tracks play without the same hiss on my PC sound, so I am
thinking it has something to do with the Pioneer's MP3 decoding engine.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? What bitrate dou
guys usually use? Any ideas will be appreciated

Sean Scott

"elgato65" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently bought a Pioneer DEH-4600 unit. I have been converting many
audio CD's into MP3 and have noticed a considerable hiss on some files,
even tho I convert them all at 192 kbs.

The same tracks play without the same hiss on my PC sound, so I am
thinking it has something to do with the Pioneer's MP3 decoding engine.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? What bitrate dou
guys usually use? Any ideas will be appreciated

I have a Pioneer DEH-P8400MP unit and also rip my CDs at 192 kbps using
Windows Media Player and burn with Nero Burning Rom and have had zero
problems unless the CD was scratched and even then they usually burn w/o
skips only one CD out of 20 or so scratched ones ripped with a skip.

Buckshot

Well for one thing, make sure you aren't burning them with variable bit
rate encoding, and try those "suspect" songs. Let me know how it goes,
and if it fixes your problem.

-Buckshot-

2 12" Sony Explodes
Custon Dual 12 Sealed enclosure
JL VR 6.5's Up front
Pioneer 6x9's Out back
Eclipse EA2122
Legacy La1080

E-mail me at Jasonc87(atter)Comcast(dot)Net

Sean Scott wrote:
"elgato65" wrote in message
oups.com...

I recently bought a Pioneer DEH-4600 unit. I have been converting many
audio CD's into MP3 and have noticed a considerable hiss on some files,
even tho I convert them all at 192 kbs.

The same tracks play without the same hiss on my PC sound, so I am
thinking it has something to do with the Pioneer's MP3 decoding engine.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? What bitrate dou
guys usually use? Any ideas will be appreciated

I have a Pioneer DEH-P8400MP unit and also rip my CDs at 192 kbps using
Windows Media Player and burn with Nero Burning Rom and have had zero
problems unless the CD was scratched and even then they usually burn w/o
skips only one CD out of 20 or so scratched ones ripped with a skip.

elgato65

I'm not talking about skipping or track problems or those situations
where a damaged disc cna cause problems in the encoding. I am talking
about the hissing, a noticeable high frequency noise that seems to be
added by the decoding process.

Sean, I always use CBR LAME encoding. I will try making a couple of WMA
just to test the player out, since it is not my format of choice.

Snuffy Smiff

"elgato65" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently bought a Pioneer DEH-4600 unit. I have been converting many
audio CD's into MP3 and have noticed a considerable hiss on some files,
even tho I convert them all at 192 kbs.

The same tracks play without the same hiss on my PC sound, so I am
thinking it has something to do with the Pioneer's MP3 decoding engine.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? What bitrate dou
guys usually use? Any ideas will be appreciated

Sorry, I can't help you with this-I actually have a question for you. Other
than this problem, how do you like the unit?
(I'm thinking of buying one)
Thanks

elgato65

I like it just fine really. I have had Kenwood, Sony and JVC units in
the past (none mp3 players tho) and several Pioneer models. They have
been my favorite choice so far, both in terms of quality, durability
and features.

Hope it helps