Posted to rec.audio.car
rcjesse rcjesse is offline

Default How are Visonik's subs??? are they decent thump for the buck??

I saw a bandpass box with 10's, but not too sure of the quality, are these
subs reliable? I mainly need them to replace my heavy box with heavy 12"
Audiobahn's to mount on my new 4 cylinder car. Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

"rcjesse" wrote in message
I saw a bandpass box with 10's, but not too sure of the quality, are these
subs reliable? I mainly need them to replace my heavy box with heavy 12"
Audiobahn's to mount on my new 4 cylinder car. Thanks.

I bought a pair of Visonik subs for a friend (we got a REALLY good deal on
Ebay). They were new but we were REALLY disappointed with the SQ AND the
output. We ended up scrapping them and buying a pair of Kickers.

My advice would be to stay away from Visonik and go with a better quality
brand of subwoofer (don't be fooled by all the chrome Visonik uses, it's ALL
fluff). I've said it MANY times here, but when it comes to speakers, don't
skimp. Buy the best quality speakers you possibly can. Speakers, more than
any other component, will determine the quality of your sound.

My $.02,

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
rcjesse rcjesse is offline

Do you own these? Or how can you back- up your statement? Or is it just
because it is an unpopular/new brand?? Thanks.

"MOSFET" wrote in message

"rcjesse" wrote in message
I saw a bandpass box with 10's, but not too sure of the quality, are these
subs reliable? I mainly need them to replace my heavy box with heavy 12"
Audiobahn's to mount on my new 4 cylinder car. Thanks.

I bought a pair of Visonik subs for a friend (we got a REALLY good deal on
Ebay). They were new but we were REALLY disappointed with the SQ AND the
output. We ended up scrapping them and buying a pair of Kickers.

My advice would be to stay away from Visonik and go with a better quality
brand of subwoofer (don't be fooled by all the chrome Visonik uses, it's
ALL fluff). I've said it MANY times here, but when it comes to speakers,
don't skimp. Buy the best quality speakers you possibly can. Speakers,
more than any other component, will determine the quality of your sound.

My $.02,

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
X-OvrDistortion X-OvrDistortion is offline

MOSFET Wrote:

I bought a pair of Visonik subs for a friend (we got a REALLY good deal
on
Ebay). They were new but we were REALLY disappointed with the SQ AND
the
output. We ended up scrapping them and buying a pair of Kickers.

Ummm.....derka.......

I have heard the Visonik subs and I was not impressed in any way.
Mos, the bling adds like eleventy billion Dbzzz.

--
X-OvrDistortion
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Did you read my ENTIRE reply? Go back and take a look at that reply, you
may not have read the first part.
MOSFET

"MOSFET" wrote in message

"rcjesse" wrote in message
I saw a bandpass box with 10's, but not too sure of the quality, are
these subs reliable? I mainly need them to replace my heavy box with
heavy 12" Audiobahn's to mount on my new 4 cylinder car. Thanks.

I bought a pair of Visonik subs for a friend (we got a REALLY good deal
on Ebay). They were new but we were REALLY disappointed with the SQ AND
the output. We ended up scrapping them and buying a pair of Kickers.

My advice would be to stay away from Visonik and go with a better quality
brand of subwoofer (don't be fooled by all the chrome Visonik uses, it's
ALL fluff). I've said it MANY times here, but when it comes to speakers,
don't skimp. Buy the best quality speakers you possibly can. Speakers,
more than any other component, will determine the quality of your sound.

My $.02,

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

go jvc subs.. never heard them but theyre very expensive. maybe you can
find them cheaper.
i've heard others say theyre the best.
be the only 1 with the best. dont be 1 of hundreds with a popular
sub...lol
''thats how i roll'' i'm different than the masses..its tuff being #1!

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

well i never seen them under $100 each.until now! buying 1
monday..harrahhh...
i've seen them mostly over $135 each.
jjjjjvvvcccc!!!!

Posted to rec.audio.car
John John is offline

Don't listen to bob, and don't reply to anything he says, in other
words, ignore him. Visonik, jvc, and audiobahn all suck for the most
part, stay away...

--
John
Posted to rec.audio.car
Death By Bass Death By Bass is offline

John Wrote:
Don't listen to bob, and don't reply to anything he says, in other
words, ignore him. Visonik, jvc, and audiobahn all suck for the most
part, stay away...

someone really should follow John around, correcting all wrong advise
he gives...

--
Death By Bass
Posted to rec.audio.car
John John is offline

Why someone else, when it would seem that you really want the job, not
to mention you've already got your foot in the door...

--
John

Posted to rec.audio.car
Death By Bass Death By Bass is offline

a woofer is only as good as the enclosure its in.

--
Death By Bass
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

''death by bass'? didn't know this was a fishing
forum. LOL...

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

"Death By Bass" wrote in
message news

a woofer is only as good as the enclosure its in.

A great enclosure will NOT make a poorly designed/constructed subwoofer
sound good. I HAVE tried Visonik (I bought a pair for a friend), and they
were TERRIBLE. We ended up returning them and buying a pair of Kicker's.

Do not be fooled by all the chrome and "flair". They are poor subwoofers.

And John's right, don't listen to anything Bob says, he is nothing but an
annoying troll and I would encourage you to block all his posts (as I and
many others have done).

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
John John is offline

We're going through the carstereos.org/soundillusions.net connection, so
while we can block users on our own forum we cannot exactly block
individuals on the newsgroups, unfortunately... Unless something has
changed recently.

--
John
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

john..lol.
i dont see you talking about your stuff or stuff you wish you had. just
knocking my brands..
the 1st sign of a loser..
some1 that just knocks stuff n dont give solid reason or other choices
that you think is great.
john, john,john....i feel your pain.

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

..org...

We're going through the carstereos.org/soundillusions.net connection, so
while we can block users on our own forum we cannot exactly block
individuals on the newsgroups, unfortunately... Unless something has
changed recently.

--
John

Many websites post this newsgroup as a service to those on their site. But
in fact this group you are on now, rec.audio.car, is a usenet group, one of
over 100,000 such groups.

newsgroups. OE has many features that make surfing newgroups easier and
more enjoyable. For instance, you can have all your own posts highlighted
in red to make them easy to spot (if you want), and as I already mentioned
you can block any user you want. All and all, I think it's a better way to
interact with newsgroups (except if you accidentally send an Email to the
newsgroup that you intended to go to a friend or family member, which is
fairly wasy to do in OE and I have done several times to my GREAT
EMBARRASMENT!!).

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
marlin marlin is offline

Death By Bass Wrote:
a woofer is only as good as the enclosure its in.

Skinnygurl your an idiot assbahn,jaycar and such are **** no box will
save them. Go play with your pos horns.

--
marlin