Johan Wagener

Default speaker network.

say you have 4 speakers each 4ohm with 10W nominal power handling. if you
connect them in a series parallel network so that you have on load of 4 ohm
will the speaker network or load be able to handle 4 x 10W?

If so you can buy a bunch of reletively cheap speakers and make one huge
speaker box. Any comments?

DJ TecThreat

Any comments?
Yes, one. LMAO!

Rob K.

"Johan Wagener" wrote in message
say you have 4 speakers each 4ohm with 10W nominal power handling. if you
connect them in a series parallel network so that you have on load of 4

ohm
will the speaker network or load be able to handle 4 x 10W?

Yes you can wire 4 - 4 ohm speakers into a 4 ohm load. Wire each pair
parallel, then wire both pairs in series.

The 4 speakers will still only handle 10 watts each. So you're looking at 1
x 40 watts.

If so you can buy a bunch of reletively cheap speakers and make one huge
speaker box. Any comments?

Not sure where you are going with this? What's your point?

Rob

Paul Vina

I've read about this being done. In an OOOOOLD
CA&E one of the writers knew of a car with 3 boxes with 148 4" drivers that
was really clean and got stupid loud.

Paul Vina

"Rob K." wrote in message
m...

"Johan Wagener" wrote in message
say you have 4 speakers each 4ohm with 10W nominal power handling. if

you
connect them in a series parallel network so that you have on load of 4

ohm
will the speaker network or load be able to handle 4 x 10W?

Yes you can wire 4 - 4 ohm speakers into a 4 ohm load. Wire each pair
parallel, then wire both pairs in series.

The 4 speakers will still only handle 10 watts each. So you're looking at

1
x 40 watts.

If so you can buy a bunch of reletively cheap speakers and make one huge
speaker box. Any comments?

Not sure where you are going with this? What's your point?

Rob

Johan Wagener

I want to buy cheap hifi speakers (say 4" - 6") and make a huge box. This
way I can have a good midrange "speaker" at an affordable price.

Rob K.

"DJ TecThreat" beaniATcharterDOTnet wrote in message
Any comments?

Yes, one. LMAO!

What so funny? Did you fart?

Rob

Paul Vina

I'd love to try it once just for kicks. Maybe put it in my living room and
use it as a coffee table.

Paul Vina

"Scott Johnson" wrote in
message ...

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
I've read about this being done. In an OOOOOLD
CA&E one of the writers knew of a car with 3 boxes with 148 4" drivers

that
was really clean and got stupid loud.

Paul Vina

"Rob K." wrote in message
m...

[...]

sancho

in a car i don't see how this would ever be considered a 'good' idea...

the extra wiring and space issues would seem to far outweigh any monetary
savings...
--
sancho

"Johan Wagener" wrote in message
I want to buy cheap hifi speakers (say 4" - 6") and make a huge box. This
way I can have a good midrange "speaker" at an affordable price.

Speaker Wiring affects phase relationships Bill Pallies Car Audio 6 November 13th 03 09:09 PM
speaker wiring jungyumguy Car Audio 4 November 8th 03 04:14 AM
Weird static right-front speaker only: factory radio: 93 Civic (Very loud at times!) Scott Mumford Car Audio 10 September 24th 03 06:33 PM
amp speaker question Basshead Car Audio 0 September 7th 03 10:09 PM
Stereo HIss, speaker pop after re-do of rear speaker mounts Me Car Audio 1 August 3rd 03 10:09 AM