Ollie

Default Otari Status screws

Hi,

We've got an Otari Status with no channel screws in it. I believe they are
American stylee screws but I must confess I know next to nothing about this
type. If there's no M infront then I haven't got a clue. So yeah, if anyone
out there with a Status can enlighten me as to what screw dimensions I need
I would be eternally grateful. Even better, if you know a source for them in
the UK I'll be gratful for even longer.

Thanks

Ollie

david

In article , Ollie
wrote:

Hi,

We've got an Otari Status with no channel screws in it. I believe they are
American stylee screws but I must confess I know next to nothing about this
type. If there's no M infront then I haven't got a clue. So yeah, if anyone
out there with a Status can enlighten me as to what screw dimensions I need
I would be eternally grateful. Even better, if you know a source for them in
the UK I'll be gratful for even longer.

Thanks

Ollie

If you have the service manual take a look at the schematics, it should
be listed there.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com
Ollie

Thanks for the replies. I tried Otari (who haven't got back to me) and
Stirling (who didn't know), but I reckon they're probably 4-40 screws. I
found several references to these in the manual, although couldn't find an
actual reference to the particular screw in question. Now the only problem
will be getting them in black counter-sunk. I feel a trawl through the
internet coming on.

Thanks again
Ollie

Scott Dorsey

Ollie wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I tried Otari (who haven't got back to me) and
Stirling (who didn't know), but I reckon they're probably 4-40 screws. I
found several references to these in the manual, although couldn't find an
actual reference to the particular screw in question. Now the only problem
will be getting them in black counter-sunk. I feel a trawl through the
internet coming on.

Look in the yellow pages under "Fasteners" and you should find some local
industrial fastening place which will have them. If you come up totally
dry, let me know and I'll drop a couple in an envelope.