pookie

Default Sansui Series 7000

I recently bought a Sansui Series 7000 Reciever. The problem is,
there are several labels missing from the buttons on the front face of
the reciever. Looking at the reciever from the front and going from
the left side to the right the buttons a
(1) - power

(2) - unknown
(3) - unknown
(4) - muting
(5) - loudness

(6) - reverse
(7) - mono
(8) - tape monitor 1
(9) - tape monitor 2
(10) - unknown

Could someone please fill me in as to the function of the 'unknown'
buttons on this reciver? Also, if anyone knows, what's the purpose of
the 'reverse' button? And finally, how do i get the the 'fm stereo'
light on , I've tuned in stereo FM freq's but the 'fm stereo' light
(on the far left of the freq. band numbers.

Thanks much for any assistance.

choro-nik

I know what your baby is gon'a be! said the friend to the pregnant woman.
Well, what's it gon'a be? asked the pregnant woman. Either a boy or a girl,
said her friend!

Re 2 & 3= One is obviously the Volume Control knob, while the other is
possibly Tone Control Knob. Just try them. You'll soon find out for
yourself. How about Number 10 being the Phono knob? Is there a phono input
at the back? Just study the Inputs at the back. You will soon find out.

Surely it doesn't take a PhD in electronics to find out by trial and error.
And the stereo light that does not come up is in all likelihood "kaput".
Have you tried tuning to a stereo station with the stereo button on stereo.
Switch between stereo and mono by pressing the Mono switch. It should toggle
between Mono and Stereo. If the light does not come on, the bulb/LED is
gone. Simple as that!

--
choro-nik
*******

"pookie" wrote in message
[...]

pookie

I hope that's supposed to be a joke. It's a reciever, not some
magical forward-backward machine. besides, i tried it and the music
didnt' sound reversed. unless it's not functioning corectly.

?

Scott Dorsey

pookie wrote:
I hope that's supposed to be a joke. It's a reciever, not some
magical forward-backward machine. besides, i tried it and the music
didnt' sound reversed. unless it's not functioning corectly.

It switches left and right channels. The horns go over to the left and
the strings to the right.