Jeff Cantwell

Default Newbie Speaker Questions

I'm upgrading my stereo in my daily driver, nothing fancy, just
something decent.

I've got a 40 watt Sony Explod CD player head.

I'm trying to spend less than $50 for another pair of 6.5 inch 3-ways.
(Good used ones okay.) I had been looking at Pioneers and Sonies,
when I found some of these other brands, with as high a wattage
rating, selling new what I was willing to spend on used.

Sould I consider them, or as a rule are they junk?

Legacy
Profile
Pyramid

What about these?

Audiobahn
Cerwin
Clarion
Harman Kardon
Infinity
Polk Audio
Pyle
Rockford Fosgate
--------
Jeff N. Cantwell
Contract Programmer
Downtown Little Rock, AR
ICQ #19444448

NRA Life, Member ARPA, Libertarian
[www.ARPA-Online.org]
ARPA Director at Large
NRA EVC - 2nd District
Gravity

All Junk

--

Is sex dirty? Only if it's done right.
-Woody Allen
"Jeff Cantwell" wrote in message
[...]

Soundfreak03

All Junk

Newbie answer.

Listen to the speakers first. Out of the list you compiled I have some
Infinity's in my truck and love them. Depending on budget consider Image
Dynamics. But there are so many choices you just have to listen.

Les
EFFENDI

Soundfreak03 wrote:

All Junk

Newbie answer.

Listen to the speakers first. Out of the list you compiled I have some
Infinity's in my truck and love them. Depending on budget consider Image
Dynamics. But there are so many choices you just have to listen.

Les

I reccomend infinitys as well. very clear and crisp speakers but known
for a lack of low end. a good subwoofer will take care of that. look
around on ebay for a set of used Kappa perfects.

EFFENDI

Bill Never

I don't know about the others but the one's I have listened to

Infinity

Very nice, If you like well balanced sound. However "Weak" in the
lows!
Very expensive for the high end line.

Polk Audio 6-1/2 Momo's

Very nice component speakers good lows and highs(approx $175)

Pyle

Good lows only

Rockford Fosgate 6-1/2 3-way

Solid all-around speaker, Very good lows and Highs. (approx $97 at
best buy)

Sony X-series 6-1/2 3-way

Good all-around speaker, Good lows and Highs, (approx $100)

Amazingly dollar for dollar the Fosgates are the better buy for and
all-around 3-way speaker, and to my ear they also sounded the best.
Recommended if you like to play your music loud with good beat(lows).
I you want to spend less money go with a less expensive Sony X-series
3-way about $40 at walmart.
EFFENDI

"EFFENDI" wrote in message

Soundfreak03 wrote:

All Junk

Newbie answer.

Listen to the speakers first. Out of the list you compiled I have some
Infinity's in my truck and love them. Depending on budget consider Image
Dynamics. But there are so many choices you just have to listen.

Les

I reccomend infinitys as well. very clear and crisp speakers but known
for a lack of low end. a good subwoofer will take care of that. look
around on ebay for a set of used Kappa perfects.

EFFENDI

its all opinion, what the guy is asking for. read all the reviews and
listen to all the systems. infinitys are weak in the low end. that is
why they started making subs. lets not start an argument here.
Bill Never

Hmmmmm, not a lack of low end, just not an exagerated 100hz boost.
Rather, thay have a relatively flat response.

By the way, The 6.5 inch Infinity speakers that I listened to where
not the High end Kappa's but an older 2-way model. I have not found
anyone in my area who carries the Kappa line. A good thing about ebay
is that it give the consumer access to a much larger market.
Peoples taste differ and so does there music. Suggest you take some of
favorite CD's with you when you shop for new speakers and try them
out.
Bill Never

I am going to retract my statement about the Rockford speakers(There
just to loud for my ears). Personally I prefer my music soft and
balanced. I have yet to find a nicer sound then that that comes out of
a Bose system.

Paul Vina

he must be......

Paul Vina

"Scott Johnson" wrote in
message ...

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
You're kidding, aren't you???? Please say yes.....

Paul Vina

om...