Posted to alt.autos.peugeot,rec.audio.car
Mark R Penn

Default Peugeot 607 RT2 ipod interface

I have a 2002 Peugeot 607 with the RT2 stereo - the Clarion one with the
phone built in. I want to hook my ipod up to the stereo, but can't find an
interface anywhere. There are a couple available for the RC2 (no phone), but
none for the RT2. Other than the FM types (which I'm told suffer from poorer
sound quality, and don't allow the stereo to control the ipod), does anyone
know of a solution?

What I don't quite understand is why they should be so difficult to find, as
both head units use the same CD multichanger (the same one as most 406's,
407's and 607's). Considering that the ipod interfaces replace the CD
changer, it seams to me the only difference between the various Pug radios
that control multichangers should be the connector shape, yet there seams to
be more to it than that?

Cheers,

Mark

Posted to alt.autos.peugeot,rec.audio.car
Marc Amsterdam

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:38:58 GMT, "Mark R Penn"
wrote:

I have a 2002 Peugeot 607 with the RT2 stereo - the Clarion one with the
phone built in. I want to hook my ipod up to the stereo, but can't find an
interface anywhere. There are a couple available for the RC2 (no phone), but
none for the RT2. Other than the FM types (which I'm told suffer from poorer
sound quality, and don't allow the stereo to control the ipod), does anyone
know of a solution?

What I don't quite understand is why they should be so difficult to find, as
both head units use the same CD multichanger (the same one as most 406's,
407's and 607's). Considering that the ipod interfaces replace the CD
changer, it seams to me the only difference between the various Pug radios
that control multichangers should be the connector shape, yet there seams to
be more to it than that?

icelink

http://www.densionusa.com/

Cheers,

Mark

cheerio

Marc
Posted to alt.autos.peugeot,rec.audio.car
Mark R Penn

wrote:

[...]

Yes thanks Marc, but that's one I'd already found, which supports the RC2
but not the RT2, even though both control the same multichanger

Someone told me today that I may not even be able to use an FM modulator,
even if I could live with the poorer sound quality. Something about the
aerial lead also carrying power.

Oh well.

Mark

dieselnutjob dieselnutjob is offline
Junior Member

I have managed to replace the CD changer for an xcarlink SKU2282 in my 607. It is a year 2001 with RT2 radio.
Now I have 594 mp3 tracks instead of 6 CDs, and the quality is very good too.
I had to make a custom adapter to make it work.
read about it here
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...ybe-rc2-25691/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R Penn View Post