Posted to rec.audio.car
James James is offline

Default Stero Upgrades for 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara ???

I just bought a 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, MINT, and I have some
questions about upgrading the stereo system.

This Jeep Wrangler has front grill speakers, plus
rollbar speakers. I would like to start by upgrading the speakers, and
then later put in an aftermarket radio deck and external amp of perhaps
50-75 watts per channel.

I don't want a super-powered system, just something that sounds real
nice. I am over 60, so I listen to jazz, new age, some country, and
other types
of music , but not rap or hard rock. Once I get a very basic, decent
sounding system,
I plan to add a powered subwoofer, something like the Infinity Basslink or
perhaps
the Bazooka subwoofer, for some tighter, stronger bass.

The biggest limitation is that the front speakers are stock with 4 x 6
speakers, and
I can't use bigger speakers without mods, but I am willing to buy some
special brackets
that will allow me to use a 5 1/4 in the front as well. The rollbar
systems also uses
5 1/4 sizes. Yet, these are not large speakers, but I need the best
speaker I can buy
in this size.

Can I hear from some of you guys that have upgraded your Wrangler stereos,
and what you have and liked ??

Thanks !!!!!!!!

--James--

98 jeep wrangler tj [email protected] Car Audio 1 January 8th 06 07:03 PM
Jeep Wrangler Amp Install [email protected] Car Audio 15 August 28th 05 06:02 PM
Jeep Wrangler system Jason McCabe Car Audio 9 March 21st 05 05:30 AM
Jeep Wrangler audio q Car Audio 0 October 30th 03 05:54 PM
Best Single 10" Sub for a Jeep Wrangler Branden Car Audio 6 July 30th 03 06:39 PM