dave weil

Default Best Sounding LP's

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 01:15:43 +0000, "Glans, I"
wrote:

(Marc Phillips) wrote:

I should now make the requisite Hounds of Love Kate Bush reference.
Once again, side 2 is just extraordinary.

Agreed. I have a really nice UK pressing of "The Dreaming," which I used to
use as a reference disc. It's a complex, cluttered mix, and can sound really
awful on inferior equipment. But with the right system, it's pretty awesome.

I was just listening to The Kick Inside last night on CD, some great
trax - but I was far from impressed by the production quality.

It's not much better on vinyl. The first two Kate Bush albums are
pretty compressed sounding. Nothing to write home about from a sonics
standpoint. But, as you said, the songs are mostly very good. She made
great strides with Never Forever and really broke through sonicwise
with The Dreaming.
Dogma4e

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:21:36 GMT, trotsky wrote:

Dogma4e wrote:
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:00:24 GMT, trotsky wrote:

I'm as hetero as they come,

Uh, gerg,

Uh, dog****, why don't you tell us about my lack of tenacity again. I
love it when the lies get hipboot deep.

So you're telling me you are tenaciously pursuing women, but haven't
found any, yet? Are are you tenaciously avoiding your fear of
emotional baggage? Looks to me like your tenaciously avoiding coming
out of the closet.

Any way you look at it, you're disfunctional. Agree or disagree?
Max Holubitsky

No, I gave him a limited amount of credit for actually getting his hands
dirty and trying to build some audio gear from raw parts. Who on RAO has
done that? McKelvey has done it. I do it all the time. Singh gave it a
limited try. Who else?

Several amplifiers, a preamp, a passive preamp, a few pairs of speakers, and
some radio gear. Nothing overly spectacular, but it all works. Some day I'd
like to make a turntable, from scratch.... I can probably gain access to a
lathe large enough to turn a platter... the tonearm would be tricky as hell
too, but maybe I'd use an SME I have on my old Thorens.

GeoSynch

MiNE 109 wrote:

Next up: Mick Jones.

Oh, you mean from The Clash - no wonder he's got "Double Vision."

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

trotsky carped:

What a drab, vague, boring world you must live in, Art.

As opposed to you - living on the dole at your mom's house.

GeoSynch

S888Wheel

it never ceases to amaze me that Kate Bush wrote those songs between the ages
of 16 and 18. Despite it's shortcomings in production, The Kick Inside is a
magical album IMO. It will be the album of choice in next shoot out.
Deep Ghoti

In message ,
The Big Cheese wrote:

Hey asshole, what does this have to do with best sounding lps?

it's called toilet paper, ****. Try it, U'll like it.

The Big Cheese

Goat Boy,

We do use toilet paper in the USA.

You rag tops use your rag tops to wipe with. That why your kind is so
full of **** and smell so bad.

The Big Cheese