Richard Parker

Default i-pod link cable for Blaupunkt DAB53, questions

Hello

Purchased an i-pod link cable from BlueSpot yesterday
(http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/ipod_cable.asp) arrived today (with no
instructions) but fitted it OK to my Blaupunkt DAB53
(http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/woodstock_dab53.asp) which I also
purchased from BlueSpot about a year ago

When you select "Changer" on the head unit the i-pod comes on and the
word "Blaupunkt" and their logo lights up in the i-pods display.

The DAB53 then does a "magazine scan" as it assumes you have a CD
changer attached, and then the i-pod starts playing from CD1 Track 1
without a problem.

The question's I have are

1. I cannot control the i-pod at all whilst it is connected to the
head unit; it seems to be locked, is this normal?
2. The head unit only lets you access CD's 1 to 10 (from
investigation these correspond to the first 10 directories in the
i-pod). I have over 200 directories on my i-pod, but cannot access them
as the head unit is insistent that there can only be 10 CD's in the
changer. Is this normal, and if so how can I work round it so that I
can play the majority of the tracks stored in my i-pod, not just the
firs ten directories.
3. From the website "Radios with compatible CD text feature will
display i-Pod track information (ID-3 tags must be version 1)" Does my
DAB53 have the compatible CD text feature? If so does this mean it
should display directory information (as it does if I put an MP3 cd in
to play) or does it just show song information? At present all the head
unit shows is
"D01 T01 00:00" which is Disc 1 Track 1 and the time (this does change
depending on what disc/track I'm playing).

Hope I've explained myself clearly, many thanks for any help or advice
anyone can give on the above

Rgrds

Richard

--
Richard Parker

The Audio Critic Steven Sullivan High End Audio 41 March 27th 04 10:32 PM
FA: Neve, Manley, TT patch cables, Eventide, Neumann, Coles, bulk cable, connectors, etc. Lowndes Pro Audio 0 March 6th 04 05:01 PM
More cable questions! [email protected] Tech 317 January 20th 04 03:58 AM
cabling explained Midlant Car Audio 8 November 14th 03 03:07 AM
Digital Audio Cable Question(s) Hugh Cowan High End Audio 11 October 8th 03 07:15 PM