Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] heresypillz@gmail.com is offline

Default building studio myself, some pointers?

I'm converting the upper half of my house to my studio so I have enough
room to record in seperate areas. I need to know if theres any
insulation someone could recommend that doesn't cause cancer or contain
tiny pieces of glass that can easily be inhaled and cut your eye
microscopicly. My plan for it is as follows (my house is in bad shape
as it is but we're going to repair the walls, so all of the ceilings
are exposed)

floor: plywood on ceiling portion of second floor, layer of insulation,
floorboards, then another piece of plywood after all of the cracks in
the floor have been sealed up, then whatever flooring I choose (any
recommendations?)

walls: 1" gap between building wall and the outside of the inner wall,
plywood, insulation, drywall, seal cracks, fancy wallpaper and trimming
in burgundy

ceiling: plywood, insulation (a little extra because it gets pretty
cold up there). There will also be holes cut for stagnant air
circulation fans and forced air heating vents, and exhaust fans for the
rooms as a whole, as well as a hole in the ceiling with a door that can
be opened with a pull down ladder, to a hole my father put in the roof
and covered with plywood but I occasionally climb out of like a bat out
of hell and start getting toasted in the sun.

So uhh, material suggestions, etc, comments & criticism.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Wika Wika is offline

wrote:
[...]

Check this site, lots of info: